trading dal santo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

trading dal santo

as much i would dislike it i believe that the club will bite the bullet and trade him at the end of the year

just have a feeling...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
battye
Saintsational Legend

It would be quite a stupid move to do so.

Even though he hasn't been in first class form (solid, none-the-less), he's still a top player. He will come good soon.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Re: trading dal santo

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:as much i would dislike it i believe that the club will bite the bullet and trade him at the end of the year

just have a feeling...
Have thought that this will be - have mentioned it to others that he might be traded at end of year. For all the admirers on here for Dal Santo - you dont get a game of footy because you're "Hot" :arrow:
Last edited by Pwoit on Tue 27 May 2008 3:58am, edited 1 time in total.

battye
Saintsational Legend

So what exactly would St Kilda gain by trading Dal Santo?

A late first round pick? (I doubt he'd go top 10 based on current form)
Another mediocre reject from another club?

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

what would get for him?

round 1 draft pick? round 2?

3 years to to develop the new kid? or we gonna go recycled again for dal? more schnieders and dumpsters?

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
battye
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:what would get for him?

3 years to to develop the new kid? or we gonna go recycled again for dal? more schnieders and dumpsters?
Wow, that was quite amazing. Same post, same time, different poster! Great minds... :D

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Re: trading dal santo

Pwoit wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:as much i would dislike it i believe that the club will bite the bullet and trade him at the end of the year

just have a feeling...
Have thought that this will be - have mentioned it to others that he might be traded at end of year. For all the admirers on here for Dal Santo - you dont get a game of footy because your "Hot" :arrow:
i agree....its becoming a little more apparant...(be prepared for the backlash of such a suggestion)...

ross obviously wants the close in palyer to form a nucleus...not outside softies...lets not beat around the bush...he can be twinkletoes all he wants and exciting as however if one cannot play inside and out he becomes a liability

other players can not and should not have to continuously worry about him getting the ball and blocking for him instead of going in there and geting the pill

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Be a few other high profiles I'd be putting up before him.

He irritates at times due to his appearance to not put in. However his skills are sublime, an area we are shocking at,we can't lose our premier skilled player.

If I was to throw a few names into the ring,which I don't like doing,but sometime this club is going to have to make some unpopular decisions for a change. Two names that come to mind with there best footy behind them yet still have high profiles are Kosi and Ball. Hate to trade Bally as he's such a brilliant goer,however if something suitable was offered I'd take it.
As for Kosi,massive profile,delivers little,teases with little snippets of dominance. If he doesn't come good by years end,then try and swap him for a speedy midfielder.
Unpopular decisions,but other clubs make them,and it's about time we did too

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Be a few other high profiles I'd be putting up before him.

He irritates at times due to his appearance to not put in. However his skills are sublime, an area we are shocking at,we can't lose our premier skilled player.

If I was to throw a few names into the ring,which I don't like doing,but sometime this club is going to have to make some unpopular decisions for a change. Two names that come to mind with there best footy behind them yet still have high profiles are Kosi and Ball. Hate to trade Bally as he's such a brilliant goer,however if something suitable was offered I'd take it.
As for Kosi,massive profile,delivers little,teases with little snippets of dominance. If he doesn't come good by years end,then try and swap him for a speedy midfielder.
kpp's dont grow on trees...kosi is above average

players like dal santo can be replaced through a draft

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
jonesy wrote:Be a few other high profiles I'd be putting up before him.

kpp's dont grow on trees...kosi is above average

players like dal santo can be replaced through a draft
True,but big lumbering 6'5s that play snippets of good footy,there place in the game is becoming less important. We need rotating midfielders who can kick goals. I'm not saying get rid of Kosi no matter what,just saying I think we might be able to do a good trade with him. He has a high profile,we should be able to get some quality for him. If not he stays,but we desperatly need to get some foot speed with footy nous into the side. We are so slow and lumbering,and if it's not adressed fast we'll be on the bottom within 2 seasons.

Dal Santo is almost a gun,who looks like he could give more. Probably a victim of his own talent with our expectations after we see what he can do to sides. But lets not get rid of one of our few players that is suited to the modern game. We need to trade some of our injury prone lumbering stars before Dal.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

there's a fair bit of scapegoating going on here.

first gehrig is sent to the wall (possibly with justification) and now people are talking about trading dal.

it would be the daftest move yet for a club that has a track record of daft decisions.

if it happens ... and it won't ... he's bound to go elsewhere and make fools of us. we need all the class we can get.

people need to get a grip.

losing badly hurts, but let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

dal santo is not the problem.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

what a stupid thread... Trading players of dal, kosi, ball quality for what?? Speculative draft picks... Other club rejects?!!..

these 3 players are the answer, not the problem....

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

beyond stupidity.....

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Attention mods

Your Opposition Forum has been a failure: relatively few threads or hits

Why not scrap it and replace it with a Who are we going to trade/delist at the end of the Season? forum. Restricted to those who have an IQ of less than 80.

Then do us all a favour and bar access to this forum to anyone who starts a thread on that one

FFS!!! If lyon/fraser/drain are allowed to trade dal or kosi, I will start my own ticket for the Board!!

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

My 12 year consecutive membership wont be renewed if this happened

Before Im 85
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

sadly the likes of birss and mcqualters also come out of the same draft that Dal Santo's come out of and the same draft that you could end up with a mitchell or a bartel.

there is a bit of hit and miss.

Dal Santo is one of St Kilda's best players over a season.

he is still a kid.

mcqualter was spotted as an outstanding junior with tremendous leadership potential, at this stage he is struggling to play senior football.

Sam Fisher was seen as a risky project player, he has been one of the leaders at the club for 3 or 4 seasons now.

trading Dal Santo offers nothing but risk.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
congorozides
Club Player

Dan Warna wrote:what would get for him?

pointless trading dal santa. there are no short cuts. we need to develop our own team from the ground up. and that means developing 2-3 new kids per year that can play senior footy. they dont have to be stars. just guys that can play senior footy. im talking joel patful, rischitelli, harry obrien types. not stars, not high draft pics, but young guys that play reliable tough footy and dont make stupid mistakes every time they go near the ball (did somone say raph). that is the core business of the football club. we stopped doing that in 05-08. And now we are paying the price. Lets just get back to the business of producing good players. i want the saints to be a production line.

in the meantime. keep dal santa and the rest of the good players. and get rid of the duds who will never make it (fiora etc) and replace them with kids. its the only way. you cant cheat the system with dodgy trades.
Last edited by congorozides on Tue 27 May 2008 11:25am, edited 3 times in total.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Agree Dan. IMHO trading Dal (even for a very good player and a draft pick) is fraught with danger. Dal is a superior player and we should not trade him under any circumstances. Mark my words if he is traded teh decision will come back to bite us in a massive way

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
gosaints
Club Player

I just don't get why a club screaming out for some class and skill would trade one of the most classy and skillful mids in the comp?
We have some great workhorses at our club but we just don't have enough cream on the top. Dal is the only midfielder we have who can consistently hit a target and make the right decision. [besides the great man]

matrix
Saintsational Legend

pffffft.
yeah, trade dal.......riiiiiight.
:roll:

if the "club" decides to do that.......id be asking. whos running this friggin show and do u have a friggin clue :?

spert
Saintsational Legend

Sorry but I think NDS is highly talented but soft at the contest as have been a lot of players over the years and they are not the ones who run around in premiership teams.
I watched some of the PA vs Swans game the other day and the hardness and relentless running of the Swans midfield really stood out -a four quarter effort, as opposed to our midfield who drift in and out of the game.. sort of explains our dreaded one quarter where the opposition kills us, and then we play catch up footy.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

ok granted, spert is right, he is a tad soft, but he has never really been that in and under player.
but the last thing we need to do is get rid of someone who has very good foot and hand skills.

Saints_45
Club Player

I don't think Dal is the right guy to try and trade. However I think we need to have a look at trading with a team that has an excess of outside, 'faster' players who can break away from the pack for one of our more slower accountable players.

Would Essendon be interested in L.Fisher or even Blake in return for one of their attacking quick players?

Just a thought

krabb
Club Player

He would be the first one on my trade list.

Selfish..doesnt work hard enough..and the one with the most value for us to get a good trade.

supersaints
Club Player

Sobraz wrote:what a stupid thread... Trading players of dal, kosi, ball quality for what?? Speculative draft picks... Other club rejects?!!..

these 3 players are the answer, not the problem....
Gotto agree... No doubt all the other clubs would grab Dal , Most skilled player at the Saints, other sides would love him

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!