Are we getting any value from our coaches...??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Art Vandelay
Club Player

Are we getting any value from our coaches...??

Ross Lyon - reminds me of Tim Watson, in that the players seem confused with the game plan. I don't think the message is getting through, and maybe it is just too 'scientific' for a bunch of 'footballers' to understand. Maybe he needs to keep it simple. ie, get it, kick it !!!!

Stephen Silvagni - I can't say that I've seen any improvement in our backline since he came on board. If anything Jason Gram (and Sam Gilbert this year pre injusry) have gone backlwards.

John Barker - Was absolutely staggered that he got the job in the first place. Honestly our forward line has looked dysfunctional over the last season and a half. With the calibre of players we have up forward, we should be kicking a minimum of 15 goals per game. This guy is an absolute HACK!! The sooner he goes the better.

Anthony Rock - I have to admit, he seems switched on, and probably the best of our assistant coaches. Unfortunatley for him he looks after the area where we have suffered the most from injuries (ie, Hayes - jnee, Ball - OP).

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

have you read any of the 4682 other threads on Lyon??

YAAAWWWNNN

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Re: Are we getting any value from our coaches...??

Art Vandelay wrote:Ross Lyon - reminds me of Tim Watson, in that the players seem confused with the game plan. I don't think the message is getting through, and maybe it is just too 'scientific' for a bunch of 'footballers' to understand. Maybe he needs to keep it simple. ie, get it, kick it !!!!

Stephen Silvagni - I can't say that I've seen any improvement in our backline since he came on board. If anything Jason Gram (and Sam Gilbert this year pre injusry) have gone backlwards.

John Barker - Was absolutely staggered that he got the job in the first place. Honestly our forward line has looked dysfunctional over the last season and a half. With the calibre of players we have up forward, we should be kicking a minimum of 15 goals per game. This guy is an absolute HACK!! The sooner he goes the better.

Anthony Rock - I have to admit, he seems switched on, and probably the best of our assistant coaches. Unfortunatley for him he looks after the area where we have suffered the most from injuries (ie, Hayes - jnee, Ball - OP).
fair comment i think SOS has done ok Grams downward spiral isnt cause bad coaching hes just too soft to play AFL and Gilbo really came to life last year under SOS's guidance

Barker who knows we went from being a high scoring team to a bearly scoring team since he joined the saints ?? but i dont go to training so who know what he does

Rock has the luxury of having Harves lenny and Bally in his group so you would imagine that they would make his job alot easier

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/