how refreshing was it to see

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

how refreshing was it to see

a player who is crap, always will be crap, will never be a footballers bootlace actually try to tackle,chase,run to overlap,run to create

says a lot really when probally one of the worst footballers i've ever seen stands out like dogs balls having a red hot dip

shame he will never be any good & is a good chance of being delisted at seasons but atleast when he gets the arze he can comforably say

I TRIED....clinton jones can say that,1/2 doz other cream puffs at the club cant

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

jones was one of the best, on sunday he is aweseme give the kid a break

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

thats why he should have been playing all year

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

ralphysaints35 wrote:jones was one of the best, on sunday he is aweseme give the kid a break
now let's not get carried away......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

35 i did pump his tyres up if you read again

just added that he's not a footballers bootlace..not his fault just a fact of life

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

the only problem is that he doesn't win the prone himself, he is always chasing arse.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Clinton should of been playing all year... he will be a regular and is not crap... he is slowly adjusting and will be very useful

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

mightysainters wrote:Clinton should of been playing all year... he will be a regular and is not crap... he is slowly adjusting and will be very useful
userful by foot?
useful when looking for an option??
useful at being 2nd to the ball???

please define useful.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:
mightysainters wrote:Clinton should of been playing all year... he will be a regular and is not crap... he is slowly adjusting and will be very useful
userful by foot?
useful when looking for an option??
useful at being 2nd to the ball???

please define useful.
as useful as Gram but with the abillity to chase tackle and put his head over the ball . heck if gram can play 9 unispiring lack lustre kick and hope wimp footy jones should be in the best 22

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

gram has not been useful this season.
However that does not make jones any more useful.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:gram has not been useful this season.
However that does not make jones any more useful.
lets take a look shall we

gram cant kick, cant chase, cant tackle,squibs the contest , the master of pointing ,only option he has is to bomb it long and hope , cant defend ,cant stop any player defencivly ,gets pushed off the ball ,gets worthles cheap possessions off the hard work of Sam Fisher and is a so called elite

CJ kicking is getting better ,has some agro about him , go's hard at the ball ,will chase all day long, go's and gets his own ball ,puts in 100% effort , can make a tackle stick ,not afraid of geting heavey contact ,puts his head over the ball and is only a second year player

imo CJ offers a hell of alot more then Gram does

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
fingers
Saintsational Legend

he chases and chases hard.

Sainter_Boy
Club Player

As has been said elsewhere: If everyone chased as hard as CJ then opposition decision making may be rushed, maybe a turnover resulting

1%ers I think they are called!!!!

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

If Jones played regularly in the first 22, he'd quickly become a target for posters on this forum a la Raph, Fiora, etc.

He's basically McGough with blonde hair: limited skills, tries his guts out. Personally, I reckon McGough was a fair bit better: he was one of the best I've ever seen at getting his hands on the ball. What he did with it once he got it doesn't bear remembering.

The only reason McGough got a harder time on this forum than Jones has is because all the obsessive bargain-hunters on here are always more upset when we "waste" a draft pick (even a low one like we used on McGough) than when we promote a rookie.

Personally, once a player is recruited to our senior list, I tend to forget about how we got him and concentrate on what he is currently able to contribute. But others on here are totally fixated on what we "paid" in trade week or through the draft. It's like those tiresome people who, when you praise their new watch or new clothes or whatever, always say "I got it on special, 50% off".

Dullsville....

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Simon Templar
Club Player

pissweak post, mate.....if that's all you've got to say then bugger off, guru..

Go you good things....!!!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:If Jones played regularly in the first 22, he'd quickly become a target for posters on this forum a la Raph, Fiora, etc.

He's basically McGough with blonde hair: limited skills, tries his guts out. Personally, I reckon McGough was a fair bit better: he was one of the best I've ever seen at getting his hands on the ball. What he did with it once he got it doesn't bear remembering.

The only reason McGough got a harder time on this forum than Jones has is because all the obsessive bargain-hunters on here are always more upset when we "waste" a draft pick (even a low one like we used on McGough) than when we promote a rookie.

Personally, once a player is recruited to our senior list, I tend to forget about how we got him and concentrate on what he is currently able to contribute. But others on here are totally fixated on what we "paid" in trade week or through the draft. It's like those tiresome people who, when you praise their new watch or new clothes or whatever, always say "I got it on special, 50% off".

Dullsville....
Good post. Jones has limited skills but like Blake has a red hot go and is hard at it.

However because of the St.Kilda messiah complex, we are always putting people who dont deserve it up on a pedestal and they are untouchable.

EVERYONE at the club deserves critisism, the caoches, the players, and all the untouchables.

Everyone.

Time for this club to grow some balls and take some responsibility.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Simon Templar
Club Player

.......and some of our legend supporters, Joffaboy, as well .

Go you good things....!!!
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Simon Templar wrote:pissweak post, mate.....if that's all you've got to say then bugger off, guru..
Gee, you've floored me with the incisive quality of your analysis. :roll: :roll:

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

CJ is no worse at disposal then Blake. Blake has more experience at AFL level and should have improved by now. Instead he is a walking turnover with little else to offer. CJ is improving and at least his gives his all his defensive pressure in the forward 50 is great we need the likes of Milne to look at this kid.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
villasaint
Club Player

he tries but is not up to elite standard, cant kick cant play afl is my motto Sorry Clint He is one of the worst footballers to play for Stkilda in the last ten years

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

One of the most unskilled players I've ever seen.

I appreciate that he chases quite keenly, but that's all he has to his game.

Should never play senior AFL football again.

McGough with blonde hair is exactly what he is. Although McGough could play in the wet. Apparently Jones is quick; sheesh, then why is he never first to the ball?

Delist and straight back to the WAFL.
redwhite&blackblood wrote:CJ is no worse at disposal then Blake. Blake has more experience at AFL level and should have improved by now. Instead he is a walking turnover with little else to offer.
Blake is a hopeless footballer, CJ is just as bad - I don't really care who is worse, but I pray to the almighty we never have to see either of them again.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Broodruff
Club Player

I've said it before in a topic regarding CJ.

I believe Cj deserves a spot in the team.
I'm a simple person, my motto is something along the lines of
"If you've got the work ethic, you can do anything"
I'm not saying that CJ is unstoppable or a star of the team. He has a BRILLIANT work ethic and determination, something which should never, ever be discounted or disregarded.

CJ could be an asset to the team, if played properly.
Stick him in the forward line. Would increase the pressure on oppisitions to clear it about ten-fold.
He makes a tackle stick, who cares if he cant kick it. Milne can kick pretty damned well. Goal Saints.

mick13
Club Player

Probably been posted or mentioned elsewhere, but:

Jonesy might not make the best decisions or have the best kick in the team, but if and when he does make errors, he more than makes up for them with his chasing, tackling, second, third, fourth efforts, courage...and heart.

Should get a game every week as far as Im concerned.

derby Street
Club Player

[ I reckon McGough was a fair bit better: he was one of the best I've ever seen at getting his hands on the ball.

Now that is a big call - I must go back through the records and see which games McGough racked up all these possessions as "he is one of the best you have seen at getting his hands on the ball" You are joking.

Don't let a few facts spoil a good story !

Mooksy
Club Player

Jones competes very very well. He hustles. He bustles. He isn't soft. What sort of message did it send dropping him the week after that magnificent match winning mark in round 1? He would be in my team every week.