Saints Premiership Recipie: Passion Missing

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Broodruff
Club Player

Saints Premiership Recipie: Passion Missing

I've been thinking and thinking and thinking.
I think I've finally figured out whats wrong.

We lack passion

Our team, the way I see it, is run like a machine, given orders, given restrictions, cant do this, have to do this, rules and boundries.
Which some may say is good. But machines dont have passion.

Passion is a funny thing.
It brings big burly hardened men to tears
It lets you dig, just that little bit deeper.

Passion is what allows Harvey to keep on playing, year after year, game after game, and still make a healthy contribution.

Passion is what makes Hudghton throw is body around with no care what-so ever what might happen to it.

Passion is what allows Roo to dig deep and run, run, run and then run a little bit more.

Passion is why Bally gets back on the field to play, even though he's just lost a litre of blood from a cut on his head.

Passion is why these guys bust their guts, week in, week out. They push themseleves to their absolout limits, and then push a little bit more.

Passion is almost the sole reason CJ is playing football right now. We all know that he has terrible foot skills, but his sheer passion and determination to do well and do everything he can for the team, has earned him a spot.

The brand of football we play doesnt allow passion, it doesnt allow excitement, it doesnt allow spontaneity. Its turned Milne from an excitement machine into an average 'marking forward'

The players are professionals, they are not children, they know their job. Lyon can teach skills, perform drills, but once they step over the line, our players should be allowed to play their own game.

We need to encourage passion amongst the all the guys at the club. Each and every player needs to become passionate about the football club and those around him. When you are truley passionate about something, everything you do, is towards that one goal. With every inch of who you are, you pursue that goal.

We dont need to de-list a lot of players
We dont need a new coach
We simply need passion.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Love this post,

passion is what we lack!

Broodruff
Club Player

Another to add to the list, which may shock some of you, and some may disagree with:
Gherig.
I know he's not performing, but I believe he came back to the club, out of passion for the club, and FOR the club. It was not for his own gain. He's already done everything he's wanted to on a personal level.

SaintWal
Club Player

Agreed,

See my post from yesterday
Posted: Sun 25 May 2008 7:19pm Post subject: The missing element - passion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just saw the end of the Kangaroos v Bulldogs game and I saw what is missing the Saints.

PASSION

Dean Laidley obviously loves the club and the players and by the looks the players love Him.

Have a good look Saints

P A S S I O N