was just talking to a dees supporter

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

was just talking to a dees supporter

its funny i was just talking to a freind of mine who is a life long Dees supporter and he mad mention to the fact he felt this year his team had the passion to play good footy but were lacking the class and skill to be competitive ... i got me thinking we have the cattle to be a very skillful side and threr is no doubt we have some real classy players but we really lack the heart and the passion to make us a serious competitor . if you look to this years leaders of the comp they have a healthy mix of skill and passion yet towards the bottom you have got teams who either A have the skills but have lacked passon or be have no skills but give it their all .

in this comp you cant have Skill without passion and passion with out skill is not going to get you anywhere .... the question is what is easier to turn around ? a lack of skill or a lack of passion ?.....

will be an interesting game next week

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
iceman
Club Player

watched the Dees Hawthorn game and loved watching it, both teams play with grunt and determination. Neither team will shirk an issue.

Melbourne are hopeless as a football side. But they give it their all and have a crack.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

passion should be easier to turn around...thats a mental thing

skills...well some peeps are just friggin unco and cant kick, or hit something that is moving with a kick.

if its passion, we need some past sainters to be in the rooms, hanging around the players, getting into their ears, talking about yesteryear and commitment and eternal glory.
someone who IS red white and black.
christ sake i take one look at lion and think that he just looks like one of those blokes who would just get a little angry and maybe raise his voice,...not have a red hot go, fire up and fire the players up.

whoever posted earlier yesterday about passion lacking in some of our boys sure was right

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:passion should be easier to turn around...thats a mental thing

skills...well some peeps are just friggin unco and cant kick, or hit something that is moving with a kick.

if its passion, we need some past sainters to be in the rooms, hanging around the players, getting into their ears, talking about yesteryear and commitment and eternal glory.
someone who IS red white and black.
christ sake i take one look at lion and think that he just looks like one of those blokes who would just get a little angry and maybe raise his voice,...not have a red hot go, fire up and fire the players up.

whoever posted earlier yesterday about passion lacking in some of our boys sure was right
who would we get ? the team of 66 are the only ones who could talk of reaching the ultimate glory and lets be honest most of our list would know who the heck they are with the exception of maybe Harvey

skills can be taught but passion is earnt

you cant manufatcure passion and true St Kilda preson giving these guys who dont give a toss about the club a rev up would be pointless

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
kos
Club Player

passion and enthusiasim (spelling?) are huge ingredients in the make up of a successfull side.
where can we find this? play the kids! they are full of both.
hungry for a game, keen to impress, they will give you more passion than all of our recycled players put together.
as much as schneider and king may help our side, you can bet their hearts are tied to original clubs.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

iceman wrote:watched the Dees Hawthorn game and loved watching it, both teams play with grunt and determination. Neither team will shirk an issue.

Melbourne are hopeless as a football side. But they give it their all and have a crack.
and if you were a Dees supporter you'd have left the ground with a big smile on your dial eh?

It's not all about winning, it's about the effort and application....

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
derby Street
Club Player

Not too sure whether I have ever "left a game after losing with a smile on my dial" I have seen many saints side in the dim dark days of the 1980's have a real crack (literally) but still get belted but I would make the long drive home feeling lower than a snakes ar#ehole.
Perhaps I am just bad loser no matter what ! :cry:

Buckets
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:
iceman wrote:watched the Dees Hawthorn game and loved watching it, both teams play with grunt and determination. Neither team will shirk an issue.

and if you were a Dees supporter you'd have left the ground with a big smile on your dial eh?

It's not all about winning, it's about the effort and application....
Exactly your still disappointed after a loss but its better than watch a team with no passion run around in the colours you love!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

My old man is a mad Dees man from way back, he is pretty confidant that they can take us.

Honestly afraid they will roll us this week, they (as has been said) might not have the skill or the top name players (especially with Neitz pulling the pin) of some other sides but IMHO they show the guts, heart, courage, workrate and fair dinkum BALLS that we have seriously lacked this season.

They rolled Freo and gave the Hawks a massive scare on the back of not only the above but they have introduced a few young guys that have added something to the team which I belive we need to do sooner rather than later. The new players we have introduced (and kept on the side: ARMO) over the last few years in comparison to the rest of the league is an out and out joke.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum