Some Horrible Brisbane Bears/Lions v Saints Statistics

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Newman
Club Player

Some Horrible Brisbane Bears/Lions v Saints Statistics

In all the games we've played against Brisbane Lions (Bears) in QUEENSLAND since 1987 - we've only won 3 times. That also includes practice games and finals (unless I've missed a win somewhere). The wins were: 1987 V Bears at Carrara (28 points), 1990 v Bears at Gabba (Best win - 77 points with a bagful fro Tony Lockett) - and then we Qld fans had to wait until 2006 for our next win (51 pts) against a very depleted Lions outfit.

Would you believe - our 8 goal 3 behinds quarter TODAY was our SECOND best scoring quarter (including wins). Best q came in 1990 with 8.6 in 2nd quarter.

THANK GOODNESS - I saw Saints wallop Brisbane by 100+ plus in Melb a few years back. That was very very sweet. If only we could see the same thing happen at the Gabba with a goaless Brown and Brayshaw!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

As Ross said.....8 goals when the Brions had turned off..tells us little...

“Yeah….nah””
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Re: Some Horrible Brisbane Bears/Lions v Saints Statistics

Newman wrote:In all the games we've played against Brisbane Lions (Bears) in QUEENSLAND since 1987 - we've only won 3 times. That also includes practice games and finals (unless I've missed a win somewhere). The wins were: 1987 V Bears at Carrara (28 points), 1990 v Bears at Gabba (Best win - 77 points with a bagful fro Tony Lockett) - and then we Qld fans had to wait until 2006 for our next win (51 pts) against a very depleted Lions outfit.

Would you believe - our 8 goal 3 behinds quarter TODAY was our SECOND best scoring quarter (including wins). Best q came in 1990 with 8.6 in 2nd quarter.

THANK GOODNESS - I saw Saints wallop Brisbane by 100+ plus in Melb a few years back. That was very very sweet. If only we could see the same thing happen at the Gabba with a goaless Brown and Brayshaw!
We shifted to the GC in 1991, that year we won twice against the bears at Carrara, one was a practice match.

Brayshaw always turns it on for us doesn't he? Time he bloody retired surely!

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Newman
Club Player

You're right St Bev - forgot that practice game.

I actually have some video footage of it.

Also got some footage of Spider Everitt and boys at a SEQ supporters function in 90s. (Remember Steve as Indian chappie!)

And yet despite our poor form in Qld - we still have a very decent supporter base in SE Qld.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Newman wrote:You're right St Bev - forgot that practice game.

I actually have some video footage of it.

Also got some footage of Spider Everitt and boys at a SEQ supporters function in 90s. (Remember Steve as Indian chappie!)

And yet despite our poor form in Qld - we still have a very decent supporter base in SE Qld.
Yes that was on their end of season trip. Very good of them really, I wouldn't imagine it happening these days.

Yes the supporters up here truely are fantastic, thats why I get cranky when people say we shouldn't get games.

Qld Saints Supporter Group