What do we stand for?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

taz
Club Player

What do we stand for?

The performance this season has left me wondering whether the club actually cares about winning. There are definitely a passionate few, but you get the impression there is no sense of urgency or crisis when we perform the way we have. Things are looking very very bad for this club . I will always support them but I cannot see any prospect of making the eight for the foreseeable future

SainterX
Club Player

It's simple.

If your boss was an idiot would you want to try your hardest for him also?

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: What do we stand for?

taz wrote:The performance this season has left me wondering whether the club actually cares about winning. There are definitely a passionate few, but you get the impression there is no sense of urgency or crisis when we perform the way we have. Things are looking very very bad for this club . I will always support them but I cannot see any prospect of making the eight for the foreseeable future
they stand for nothing right now and that is clear for all to see. they have emarrassed themselves and their members today. The club is a joke and will be savageed for the rest of the season.

SainterX
Club Player

It's interesting though that when a game means something, like Harvs 350th our players will make an effort.

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Zippy
Club Player

It's pretty much the ultimate proof that a list with real motivation who'll bleed for each other is far more valuable than a cunning game plan combined with unmotivated players.

Which means the board's first message to Lyon should be 'we don't care what the players are trying do, we care that they're trying their hardest. Learn to fire up the playing group, or we'll find someone who will'.

Hopefully Lyon can still get the message. There's no reason why he can't, despite his lack of charisma. Thomas, from when I met him, was not exactly charismatic, but he still managed to get the list playing like lions.

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€