It's time to go...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

It's time to go...

Adam Schneider. You were recruited to kick goals. You can't even nail bread and butter shots from 40m out. Get a Melways and find Casey Fields on it. Once you have nailed 15 goals in three games for the Scorpions then give the senior coach a call.

Jason Blake. I know you are a whipping boy but it is not without reason. Your skills are a joke for an AFL listed player. You used to hang your hat on your effort and endeavour but even that is flagging now.

Aaron Fiora. Last season you were Ross Lyon's model player. Your improvement was what we had all been waiting for. This season you have been content to rest on your laurels. I think the time is up for you at AFL level.

Ross Lyon. We were prepared to give you one seasons grace to mould the team to suit your game plan but it is now patently obvious that you have no idea. The players are NOT playing for each other and they are certainly not playing for YOU. It is either time to revisit your plan and mould the plan to suit the players or piss off.

SainterX
Club Player

It is either time to revisit your plan and mould the plan to suit the players or piss off.

Great quote :P

I prefer the latter myself.

Nicholas Naitanui here we come ;)

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
Winmarvellous
Club Player

If that's all we're gonna offload, we might as well be content with the tripe we're serving up atm. A firesale is needed me thinks, and start from the bottom again.

Statsman
Club Player

Given where we are at as a club, I cannot see the point in persisting with Blake and Fiora at the expense of guys like Armitage and McEvoy. If we're going to lose like we are, at least give the young kids some experience.

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Dempster - Is this block playing on reputation or what? Didn't do a whole lot in the reserves by what I hear, and still walks into the senior team.

Hasn't shown a whole lot to me.

AlpineStars
Club Player

Re: It's time to go...

Life Long Saint wrote:Adam Schneider. You were recruited to kick goals. You can't even nail bread and butter shots from 40m out. Get a Melways and find Casey Fields on it. Once you have nailed 15 goals in three games for the Scorpions then give the senior coach a call.

Jason Blake. I know you are a whipping boy but it is not without reason. Your skills are a joke for an AFL listed player. You used to hang your hat on your effort and endeavour but even that is flagging now.

Aaron Fiora. Last season you were Ross Lyon's model player. Your improvement was what we had all been waiting for. This season you have been content to rest on your laurels. I think the time is up for you at AFL level.

Ross Lyon. We were prepared to give you one seasons grace to mould the team to suit your game plan but it is now patently obvious that you have no idea. The players are NOT playing for each other and they are certainly not playing for YOU. It is either time to revisit your plan and mould the plan to suit the players or piss off.

You forgot Leigh Fisher 5 touches is terrible, and take dempster too surely we should not be wasting games on these guys give Ferg Armo and Allen a go they could not possibly be worse than Fiora Fisher or some of these other blokes.

How did we get to this a Pathetic club and a Pathetic team, thank F*ck for Harvey and Hayes.

Wake me up when September ends.
kalsaint
Club Player

Winmarvellous wrote:If that's all we're gonna offload, we might as well be content with the tripe we're serving up atm. A firesale is needed me thinks, and start from the bottom again.
I sort of agree here and sort of dont.

Yes we need some player changes.

No because we still need to play as a team and do the team things. Without a change of cattle gos nowhere.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Statsman wrote:Given where we are at as a club, I cannot see the point in persisting with Blake and Fiora at the expense of guys like Armitage and McEvoy. If we're going to lose like we are, at least give the young kids some experience.
agree. i'd find a spot in the team for armitage. mcevoy and allen next week.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Statsman wrote:Given where we are at as a club, I cannot see the point in persisting with Blake and Fiora at the expense of guys like Armitage and McEvoy. If we're going to lose like we are, at least give the young kids some experience.
agree. i'd find a spot in the team for armitage. mcevoy and allen next week.
Even though Allen didnt do anything yesterday. Players have to earn there spots otherwise we may as well not have seconds footy. Allen hasnt done anything for 4 weeks. At least play young guys with some form.

Statsman
Club Player

There are plenty of blokes in the senior team that haven't done anything for 4 weeks and are still getting a game. We're going nowhere fast so we may as well give some young kids a chance. The players currently in the team have proven they're not willing to seize their chance.

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Allen hasnt done anything for 4 weeks. At least play young guys with some form.
fair call, i suppose. but the other two (armitage and mcevoy) should play.

we are going nowhere fast and need to try some things if we are, by some miracle, to turn things around this season.

btw. kosi was our most effective forward easily today and showed good signs that he will make it as a full forward.

riewoldt, on the other hand, shouldn't have been out there. he is obviously not right.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

AlpineStars wrote:You forgot Leigh Fisher 5 touches is terrible, and take dempster too surely we should not be wasting games on these guys give Ferg Armo and Allen a go they could not possibly be worse than Fiora Fisher or some of these other blokes.

How did we get to this a Pathetic club and a Pathetic team, thank F*ck for Harvey and Hayes.
I didn't forget Leigh Fisher. He has been taking the Baker role and playing well.

I agree with a lot of the posters in saying that we carry too many taggers into the team. It speaks louder about our game plan and mind set that any Ross Lyon press conference ever could.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
AlpineStars wrote:You forgot Leigh Fisher 5 touches is terrible, and take dempster too surely we should not be wasting games on these guys give Ferg Armo and Allen a go they could not possibly be worse than Fiora Fisher or some of these other blokes.

I didn't forget Leigh Fisher. He has been taking the Baker role and playing well.

I agree with a lot of the posters in saying that we carry too many taggers into the team. It speaks louder about our game plan and mind set that any Ross Lyon press conference ever could.
Who did he play on today to justify 5 possesions as being a good game.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:

Agree with most of what you wrote, but he was shocking today.
Has lost his way as a footballer, is that Lyon's fault.
IMHO, absolutely.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:Adam Schneider. You were recruited to kick goals. You can't even nail bread and butter shots from 40m out. Get a Melways and find Casey Fields on it. Once you have nailed 15 goals in three games for the Scorpions then give the senior coach a call.
What bugs me the most is that this SOB killed us in the '05 preliminary. A reason in itself not to have drafted him in the first place :x

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

lets keep it simple

Roo
Lenny
Dal
Ball
Mcevoy
Geary
Armo

the rest are available put forth your best bids for trade

those seven are what you build a team around thats our core and our future

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:lets keep it simple

Roo
Lenny
Dal
Ball
Mcevoy
Geary
Armo

Just an oversight I know trav, but #35 is untouchable and our future also.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Dempster - NO GOOD

Schneider - NO INTENSITY

Fiora - IT'S OVER FIZZ

I won't be sorry if these guys never play again. It's time for Ross Lyon to lose his love affair with his former Sydney players. They are simply a liability.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:lets keep it simple

Roo
Lenny
Dal
Ball
Mcevoy
Geary
Armo

Just an oversight I know trav, but #35 is untouchable and our future also.
poor old harves the fact is we will never get him a flag and that is the saddest thing he could go one for anothe 5 years but whats the point ?

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
congorozides
Club Player

i dont want to be mean cos its horrible their dad is sick. but raph and x need not bother flying back south.