young players who should be getting games

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

big_mac_evoy5
Club Player

young players who should be getting games

i think the following should be getting a shot next couple of weeks:

ferguson: he is playing great footy vfl level kicked 7 couple of weeks ago and he is primary position is along half back or full back like. he needs to get a shot. and yes i know he got named but they dropped him bad choice.

Ben Mc evoy: i thought he was ready a couple of rounds ago and last week got BOG so i think give him a go up forward and rotate through the ruck. we just ommited c.gardiner and gehrig he is tall give him a go.

Allen: for me i think he was ready three weeks ago when he kicked 6. also he kicked 3 in one of his first nab games. and he can play back so you have flexability.

for me they are three obvious choices. and they finnally got rid of charlie raph and gehrig now put some kids in. if u are worried about being too tall i think we can work it out i think they would fit in well. thats just my thoughts

any thoughts

saints for the flag armitage for rising start
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

fergo kicked 7 so he is in a prime position for full bank or half back???

riiiiiiiiight

bed time yet?

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Is not big enough for fullback will never be selected to play there.

Yes kicked 7 a couple of weeks ago, what has he done since? not in the best or score sheet today.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:Is not big enough for fullback will never be selected to play there.

Yes kicked 7 a couple of weeks ago, what has he done since? not in the best or score sheet today.

maybe because he was on a plane to brissie.......hard to rate if that was the case...... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:Is not big enough for fullback will never be selected to play there.

maybe because he was on a plane to brissie.......hard to rate if that was the case...... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Well he should've pitched in anyway, not being there is no excuse. :oops: :oops: :oops:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:
stinger wrote:

Well he should've pitched in anyway, not being there is no excuse. :oops: :oops: :oops:

:wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...mini ferg and young mcevoy are all still chances to come into the side.......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

It's list management time, while we look to rest a few battered and bruised players, it's time to bring in some players on their last chance, or risk wasting a spot on our list next year.

Gwilt - BOG in the scorps this week, has shown "something" a few times, and absolutely nothing in others.

Ferguson - It's time. 7 goal haul followed by a role in defense and (in my opinion) 2nd best on ground behind Jones against Collingwood.

Fiora - Yes, if we want to win games, i'd loathe to play him. He needs to prove himself THIS WEEK, and back it up NEXT WEEK, and THE WEEK AFTER or he's gone.

McQualter - Given a chance off the Rookie list to prove himself. It's now or never for Mini.

Luke Miles - Hopefully he'll come back from injury quickly through the VFL and give himself a chance to be elevated for Gehrig or Eljay. Looked the goods in the NAB, but so did a number of others who have disappointed thus far. Needs to be tested to see if he can actually play at AFL level.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Development.

Armitage - Needs to play more match time and should play out the remainder of the season in the AFL.

Allen - He's a longer term KPP prospect, but with Koschitzke not looking like our full forward saviour, he's the man. Need to get some AFL level games into him ASAP.

McEvoy - As above, future of our ruck division. Need a few AFL games to get his brain ticking and a sniff at the pace of AFL level football.

Jack Steven - Nope. Keep him on ice this year.

Brad Howard - Also a VFL developer this year. Has seen a few AFL games and knows how he has to improve. Needs some good footy brains to teach him the game. Would learn a lot from Aussie Jones, I reckon.

Glen Chivers - Young rookie (unlike miles), so will be given '09 to prove himself. Just concentrate on recovering from his shoulder will suffice from '08. Play some decent VFL games (down back imo).

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Gone.

Rix - Could be kept as a backup's backup. But I believe even Van Rheenen will overtake him by '09. Great club servant, but so long Rixy. Has looked after his life outside footy so will go alright.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

why TF Fiora is in the team and Armitage is not is beyond me. Not impressed. Lyon's been complaining about the mid-field not working hard enough in and under and what does he do, drop a young hungry hard at it guy for a softc**k like Fiora. :roll: :roll: :roll:

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

st.byron wrote:why TF Fiora is in the team and Armitage is not is beyond me. Not impressed. Lyon's been complaining about the mid-field not working hard enough in and under and what does he do, drop a young hungry hard at it guy for a softc**k like Fiora. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Is this a sign that Lyon could be a Tool?

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

redwhite&blackblood wrote:
st.byron wrote:why TF Fiora is in the team and Armitage is not is beyond me. Not impressed. Lyon's been complaining about the mid-field not working hard enough in and under and what does he do, drop a young hungry hard at it guy for a softc**k like Fiora. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Is this a sign that Lyon could be a Tool?
yes, quite possibly not the sharpest tool in the shed.

goodie
Club Player

What is this obsession with trying to rush McEvoy into the seniors? First year ruckman we should only play him if you have absolutely no choice, you have a superfreak like Leuenburger or M. Gardiner or you're Carlton (wait, that's option one).

There is no way his body's ready for the rigour of AFL rucking, not yet. All this talk about tearing it up in the VFL don't count for dinky doo, it's nowhere near the same as the big league. As for playing him up forward, I'd want Allen or Fergie to have a crack before Big Mac.

His time will come.

Raven
Club Player

Surely there must be a reason for Armo being dropped - I'm going to give the committee the benefit of the doubt and assume he's injured. There's no other reason he should not get a game, especially with Fiora being his replacement. What the hell's going on there? Fiora's out of form even at VFL level.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Armitage was fit enough to play in the AFL.

A puzzling omission... he obviously broke team rules by being a midfielder who got forward & kicked a few goals.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Obviously went against Ross Lyon's plan of losing by 20 goals.