Saints for Gold Coast?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

almighty saints

Saints for Gold Coast?

Here's topic for you...we've tried everywhere else to be and the next stop is Frankston. Since we left Moorabin and then Waverley the whole things become about money and success anyway. Pull the pin, go to the GC, bask in the success!

11 games there, 8 in Melbourne, 3 whereever, all the draft pics under the sun...the red, white and black will live forever!

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

hope you're not being serious.... this is surely for a reaction... troll perhaps...

almighty saints

Serious...yes

Absolutely I'm serious...how long before the weheel turns again and they (AFL) come gunning for us?

Now Melbourne, before it was Nth Melb, Footscray, Hawthorn...

Do you think we're in that bunch or the Essendon, Collingwood, Carlton bunch?

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

hawthorn? when did they gun for hawthorn so far its been just kangas and melb and we're not in there situation...

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Read your PMs mate..your av is waaaay too big

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

I'd support a move to the gold coast, means one less hurdle in me leaving melbourne for warmer weather/work.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

At least nick would play out his career with us almost guaranteed :)

Before Im 85
rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

with almighty saints on this one & i'm serious to... have held this view for some time

gotta look down the track 10-20-30 yrs & if ya think their are gonna be 10 teams out of melb your dreaming

hawth have set up their future with a part involvement with tassie ...we blew our long term future cause our precious little darling couldnt win a game in tassie( & are battling to win one elsewhere for that matter )

of our 30.000 members 10.000 of those are currently interstate/overseas or distant country who at best see one or two games a yr if any...of the remaining 20.000 about 5000 of those would be family purchused (kids or the like memberships) or freeby sponsers leaving us with a base of about 15000 members & not all those would go to every game

if we went to the gc or west syd we would still keep our 10.000 who only see a game a yr if any so we will not be effected,we will pick up 15-20.000 at our new location & hold onto 8-10.000 of our melb based members (as syd & bris have)....sure your going to lose 5000 or so dummy spitters but in the longterm overall scheme of things those few are irrelevent just as the few who dropped off when we went from the junction to moorabbin,moorabbin to waverley,waverley to the dome

we will continue to struggle from day to day as things stand & eventually fold or be forced to move with no bargaining power...at the moment we still have our name (saints) & our colours/jumper (which have been changed many times over the yrs)

no one has the guts to make the call which in 20 or so yrs will come back to bite us on the bum...not that i'll be around to witness the chyt fight

happy to be called a troll,dyckhead,traitor whatever

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

s***,if Stkilda became the Gold coast saints,or the West Sydney saints,or the Broome saints,whoever, they would not have me as a supporter any more . The game would be completly void.

Lets just rip every bit of heart and soul out of the club and take it somewhere else where it will be lost forever!!! :evil: I have red white and black blood running through my veins,but if we leave it will no longer.
If we are to fold then so be it,but there is no substitute for the STKILDA F.C. F#ck the AFL

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Geeze I said one game not shift up here!!!!!! I would follow St Kilda where ever they are but I sincerely hope they stay in Melbourne. I can't see it happening anyway.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

rogerwa wrote:with almighty saints on this one & i'm serious to... have held this view for some time

gotta look down the track 10-20-30 yrs & if ya think their are gonna be 10 teams out of melb your dreaming

hawth have set up their future with a part involvement with tassie ...we blew our long term future cause our precious little darling couldnt win a game in tassie( & are battling to win one elsewhere for that matter )

of our 30.000 members 10.000 of those are currently interstate/overseas or distant country who at best see one or two games a yr if any...of the remaining 20.000 about 5000 of those would be family purchused (kids or the like memberships) or freeby sponsers leaving us with a base of about 15000 members & not all those would go to every game

if we went to the gc or west syd we would still keep our 10.000 who only see a game a yr if any so we will not be effected,we will pick up 15-20.000 at our new location & hold onto 8-10.000 of our melb based members (as syd & bris have)....sure your going to lose 5000 or so dummy spitters but in the longterm overall scheme of things those few are irrelevent just as the few who dropped off when we went from the junction to moorabbin,moorabbin to waverley,waverley to the dome

we will continue to struggle from day to day as things stand & eventually fold or be forced to move with no bargaining power...at the moment we still have our name (saints) & our colours/jumper (which have been changed many times over the yrs)

no one has the guts to make the call which in 20 or so yrs will come back to bite us on the bum...not that i'll be around to witness the chyt fight

happy to be called a troll,dyckhead,traitor whatever
Would never call you a traitor or any of those other terms Rog...well done on having the guts to articulate the argument for a radical move that would have its advantages...can see where you are coming from and as you say we must look at the big picture and longterm...would just say as a long term sainter that I would be more than happy for all options to be considered :wink:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

mightysainters wrote:hope you're not being serious.... this is surely for a reaction... troll perhaps...

as i have said before...looks like a troll...posts like a troll. smells like a troll....and co-incidently lives under a bridge....yep you guessed it......a troll..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

I didn't think Australia had a crack epidemic!!!

Stop smoking it dude.

Didn't Mr Hat say "Drugs are bad...mmmmk"

esaint66
SS Life Member

Hey saintsational man......

Great av and sig Go Celts

paul pierce
kevin garnett
ray allen

We rule :D

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

saint edward wrote:Hey saintsational man......

paul pierce
kevin garnett
ray allen

Not if we don't steal a game in Detroit come games 3 & 4.

Good to see there's some Celtics fans out there!!!

esaint66
SS Life Member

The Saintsational Man wrote:
saint edward wrote:Hey saintsational man......

paul pierce
kevin garnett
ray allen

Not if we don't steal a game in Detroit come games 3 & 4.

Good to see there's some Celtics fans out there!!!

Plenty of us out there mate :D
and yeah we really need to pull some back :wink:

almighty saints

Realist

Its not support I personally wanted...happy to be called anything by anyone. Realistically how far way are we from staring down the barrel again with all of us calling in to question what agenda the AFL may have against us.

Its not happening right now but can you imagine in say 5 years time when the Gold Coast & West Sydney teams are in...Nth Melb will probaly be about to wind up and money & sponsorship support will be tight as.

Sponsors will be looking for team,s that have a national image and broad supporter base. Yes some of you won't make it...you'll stop following AFL just as some Fitzroy/Sth Melb suppoorters have done. But 4 flags collectively later and the supporters have warmed up to the relaity of following an interstate based team.

Remember that we would probably still play 8 games in melbourne & I for one would go to the GC at least 2/3 times a year.

Just consider it...regrets in AFL land are permanent and painful! Memories of Moorabin are fading...ohh Moorabin :(

almighty saints

Funny perculiar

The Saintsational Man wrote:I didn't think Australia had a crack epidemic!!!

Stop smoking it dude.

Didn't Mr Hat say "Drugs are bad...mmmmk"
Funny how you can support a team with what appears to be massive passion that is lkocated on the other side of the world but the thought of supporting the saints at the GC is unacceptable!

almighty saints

saint66au wrote:Read your PMs mate..your av is waaaay too big
Thanks for tips on Avatar...replaced now!

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Would rather travel to the Gold Coast for a game of footy than Melbourne anyday.

JeffDunne

I prefer to stand on my feet than live on my knees.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Winmarvellous wrote:Would rather travel to the Gold Coast for a game of footy than Melbourne anyday.
I can see a flaming coming on :wink:

Before Im 85
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

See what Frankston brings us first. If the club is smart they should aim to make the Saints the club of the Mornington Peninsular and perhaps, if the city of Frankston can grow enough in 10-15 years build a bigger stadium and play some home games there (ala Geelong at Skilled Stadium).

We aren't in the situation that faces North Melbourne, Melbourne, Western Bulldogs.

Hawthorn have their options open with their Tasmania deal.

Essendon, Collingwood and Carlton are fairly safe due to their history. Geelong's reasonably safe due to their location and supporter base.

Richmond are at the same level as us.

I feel we have every chance at fighting and keeping our club in Melbourne but we do need to start working at really securing our future now.

twirlyhair
Club Player

Re: Saints for Gold Coast?

almighty saints wrote:Here's topic for you...we've tried everywhere else to be and the next stop is Frankston. Since we left Moorabin and then Waverley the whole things become about money and success anyway. Pull the pin, go to the GC, bask in the success!

11 games there, 8 in Melbourne, 3 whereever, all the draft pics under the sun...the red, white and black will live forever!
Supporters like you are the reason why this club has had very little intestinal fortitude for such a long time. Saints supporters and the club itself have to learn that to get any where in this comp and in life, you have to believe in yourself and then fight for your life. The saints and its supporter base must demand success and not expect mediocrity as it has done for so long. We don't need and in fact we cant accomadate this sort of attitude at our club any longer.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Re: Saints for Gold Coast?

almighty saints wrote:Here's topic for you...we've tried everywhere else to be and the next stop is Frankston. Since we left Moorabin and then Waverley the whole things become about money and success anyway. Pull the pin, go to the GC, bask in the success!

When I read this I thought this guys either got HUGE gonads or he's trying to find a different way rather than the boring old Westgate Bridge or the hose from the exhaust pipe but i must say i'm surprised at the opened minded responses .

Obviously I'm for it.