5 wins 7 losses in 2008 how is that different to 2007 Ross?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

5 wins 7 losses in 2008 how is that different to 2007 Ross?

In the next 4 rounds we have Brisbane in Brissie, Melbourne at TD, Footscray at TD and Sydney in Sydney.

Of those 4 games, it is quite possible, or dare I say likely, that we will win only one of them (the Melbourne game most likely).

That would put us at 5-7 after 12 rounds, exactly the same as where we were in 2007.

Hate to point out possible realities like this, but if it indeed does come to that we are just treading water.

The next 4 rounds will paint the full picture for the rest of this season IMO.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Wouldnt be counting my chickens against Melbourne just yet.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

I reckon we can beat brisbane

we were within a kick of Collingwood and there were some "12" point plays that cost us dearly, that would have had us at 5/3.

we showed enough that when we play our A game we can roll teams like Geelong and footscray as well, and our recent record against Hawthorn isn't that bad.

IMO we are good team underperforming rather than a bad team.

if the rhetoric coming out of the players is fair dinkum, then we can turn it around and belt the brions.

if they are just speaking to toe the party line then the season is already gone.

watching ball and hayes and reiwoldt, goddard and baker busting their posteriors to make it back indicates there is enough talent that they WANT to play.

They wouldn't WANT to play unless they did in part believe in RL.

Its up to RL to get the most out of the players.

Im still no fan of the rubbish we as fans have been served up over the past 18 months for many games, but I have a good feeling about Sunday.

wishful thinking or premonition?

St KIlda by 20 points.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I'd say it's wishful thinking about beating Brisbane Dan.....I'd love to be wrong but we have a terrible record up there, with our only win being in 2006 when they couldn't beat their own Grandmothers at a game of footy in recent history!

The weather forecast at the moment is for a maximum of 25 degrees and fine, and given the match starts at 1.10pm, it will almost definitely be in the low 20's or higher for most (if not all) the match.

I just hope the players don't have a warm, sunny holiday-type mentality when they fly up there (which is kinda instinctive given the freezing mornings in Melbourne at the moment!).

On the upside, Brisbane have gone win-loss for the whole season, and are due for a loss this week, whilst are also win-loss, and due to a win!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
bergsone
SS Life Member

iwantmeseats wrote:Wouldnt be counting my chickens against Melbourne just yet.
Yes i agree ,and maybe Sydney might be a nil all draw

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Dan Warna wrote:I reckon we can beat brisbane

we were within a kick of Collingwood and there were some "12" point plays that cost us dearly, that would have had us at 5/3.

we showed enough that when we play our A game we can roll teams like Geelong and footscray as well, and our recent record against Hawthorn isn't that bad.

IMO we are good team underperforming rather than a bad team.

if the rhetoric coming out of the players is fair dinkum, then we can turn it around and belt the brions.

if they are just speaking to toe the party line then the season is already gone.

watching ball and hayes and reiwoldt, goddard and baker busting their posteriors to make it back indicates there is enough talent that they WANT to play.

Im still no fan of the rubbish we as fans have been served up over the past 18 months for many games, but I have a good feeling about Sunday.

St KIlda by 20 points.
Interesting post, and as I've headed into the kind of optomism that tends to take me on a Friday (I've spent most of the week telling myself to focus on Melbourne, because this coule be ugly), I've found myself thinking about how things can go right. This game is an opportunity.

We're only just coming to a point where a lot who admire our list on paper are questioning a lot of those names. This is a game we're not expected to win, in surrounds that go against us, against a team that's considered on the rise... they're basically expected to pass us on expectations this week head to head where right now only % seperates us.

It's an opportunity to turn the corner and show what our guys are capable of. If they can string together 4 quarters of the kind of footy we've only seem glimpses of, then the Saints will be a force to be reckoned with.

Sadly, while I can certainly picture it, and even recall most of the players playing in the kind of fashion that will be required, I suspect that come Sunday, it will all turn out to be Friday optomism. Should the Saints manage to win up there, no matter the circumstances, it may well be enough to re-ignite my belief in the ability for this team to go somewhere.

Regardless, come Sunday night I'll be looking forward to playing Melbourne!

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Umpires McLaren, Chamberlain and Head.

Still think we can win?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Solar
Saintsational Legend

the sky is falling on our heads.....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

If a Volcano erupted in Indonesia
And there was a strong south Easterly for 4 days
And there was no rain in the southern parts of Australia for 3 years
And the air temperature was around 45 degrees
And the the air was polluted with adequate amounts of sulpur dioxide
And the air pressure then all of a sudden dropped below the critical point
then hot acid raid would fall over the southern cities
and then everything would be destroyed

aussiejones
Club Player

" and even recall most of the players playing in the kind of fashion that will be required "

Many are capable of turning a game ..... but they are not consistent.

Eg Kosi . He has shown the tallent ..... but not recently.
Same with Gram BOG in the preseason cup ......woeful now.

Also , its an indicator is some onle like Harves at 37 is nearly our best .

few try their guts out consistently , others play like there is still time to make the finals.

Is it time to refresh the team with some of the up and comers ?

Saints are playing like a badly tuned engine - bursts then splutter!

Die Hard
Club Player

Interesting post, and as I've headed into the kind of optomism that tends to take me on a Friday [/quote]

Ah, the week of a Sainter...Friday is full of optimism and come Monday, we look forward to Friday again.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Umpires McLaren, Chamberlain and Head.

Still think we can win?
I keep looking for something I can't get
Broken hearts lie all around me
And I don't see an easy way out of this
Her diary, it sits on the bedside table
The curtains are closed, the cat's in the cradle
Who would've thought that a boy like me could come to this

CHORUS:
Oh, I just died in your arms tonight
It must've been something you said,
I just died in your arms tonight
Oh, I just died in your arms tonight
It must've been some kind of kiss
I should've walked away, I should've walked away

Is there any just cause for feeling like this
On the surface I'm a name on a list
I try to be discreet, but then blow it again
I've lost and found, it's my final mistake
She's loving by proxy, no give and all take
'Cause I've been thrilled to fantasy one too many times

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

bump.

Damm, sometimes I really hate being right!

Well.....provided Sydney double fist us on Saturday night of course...

matrix
Saintsational Legend

ummm Dan....
i cant see us knocking off the lions up there.

even if bradshaw is injured and doesnt play.

i think we could, but quite honestly nothing ive seen in the last 10 weeks of football from the saints suggests to me that we will...

maybe we need something like harvs 350th EVERY week...
now in that game i saw passion, fierceness and teamwork as well as desperation, and the belief that they could get over the line and want to get over the line for rob 'the friggin god-damn legend' harvey...

so....all u players reading this (come on, we all know some of u come in here and look)...u need to go back and find that desire and want.

now go the f**k out there this week, smash the friggin golden boys of the afl who can do no wrong (swannies) and get your confidence up....and prepare for battle up at the gabba in the coming weeks.

u know 50% of its mental........so lets get this in line for starters, i think the rest will follow.

blimey.....a tad too positive for me, think i might go for a lie down :?

congorozides
Club Player

Dan Warna wrote:I reckon we can beat brisbane

St KIlda by 20 points.
i watched sundays game closely AND THE ONLY GUY TRYING WAS LUKE BALL.

Me and my mate watched Riewoldt for a while even when he was out of the play and we were laughing. he was complteely disinterested. he made some half hearted leads but mostly tried to avoid the play when we had it or run away from the contest if the ball accidently came in his area. sometimes he just stood there and watched. then when they had the ball he would waste his energy doing a gallop up the field for no reason.

now either he is not trying OR most likely he has lost all confidence in the players upfield to either win the ball or to pass it it him. this is most likely the case. we move it too slow and dont deliver well to a leading forward . we just fluff around with it and then bomb and hope or just scramble it down under pressure with mongrel kicks. so guys like riewold are so dis- heartened with this they end up looking like they have given up.