Here, here --- I agree with this email

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintfreddy
Club Player

Here, here --- I agree with this email

Received this through email today. Well done Saints management, I agree that far to many opposition supporters are sitting amongst the reserved seat holders

Dear Reserved Seat Holders,

As a St Kilda Football Club annual reserved seat holder, you'll know that over the years our reserved seat bays have built up a strong Saints support base where Saints members can sit together with fellow members and enjoy the game amongst one another.

In recent weeks we have been made aware that an increasing number of our reserved seat holders are giving their membership cards to friends and relatives that are opposition supporters. AFL Rules & Regulations state that Club membership cards are non-transferable. This is not something that we have enforced in the past, however with increasing reports of tension from members, Telstra Dome staff have been advised in the event of an altercation to remove patrons from the seat unless they can prove that they are the owner of that seat.

We want this "Saints Family" environment to continue and the introduction of opposition supporters into the heart of this area creates unwanted conflict and tension. We would also like to take this opportunity to ask our members to respect our St Kilda member's reserve area and take note of the language you use whilst in this area. We do understand that in the heat of the moment emotion can take hold, however we also have a great group of junior Saints members who want to enjoy themselves at the footy. Exposure to abusive language is not something either the Club or their families condone.

Whilst we know that the majority of our members do the right thing while at the footy, if someone around you is affecting your enjoyment, please call the Membership Department on 1300 734 134 to advise us.

Go Saints!

Saints Membership Team

What I have objected to (and no I haven't rung the club) is fans who for what ever reason can't go and decide to give their mates their memberships and suddenly you see two or three yobbos sitting there ie last Collingwood game when a rather drunk bloke in aisle 35 row T was yelling for the Pies. Shame on the supporter who brought him along.

Perhaps I will enforce my rights as a reserved seat holder and ask the attendants to remove some of these loud mouths in the future

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

I dont give a rats what anyone says, I think its disgusting to give your seats to opp. supporters, be they friends or family!

Its just symptamatic of our weak supporting of our team. Yeah good one, dont go first of all, than gice the seats to the opposition FFS! VERY POOR FORM! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

You should be responsible for the behaviour of the person sitting in your seat, if people can't be responsible like this, then perhaps measures need to be taken.

However, that said. What if your family member can't attend, and a friend wants to go and see a game of football? Do you use the ticket but go and sit up in general admission? I don't think so.

How is it any different to the unsold tickets in the reserved area (and yes, there are quite a few) being sold through ticketmaster and able to be bought up by anyone? I don't believe so.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:I dont give a rats what anyone says, I think its disgusting to give your seats to opp. supporters, be they friends or family!

Its just symptamatic of our weak supporting of our team. Yeah good one, dont go first of all, than gice the seats to the opposition FFS! VERY POOR FORM! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
You wouldn't give seats out to family and friends?

High moral ground there.....

Remember guys....All you need is TWO tickets!!!!

Note: 2000th Post 8-)

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

From what Ive been told and read on here, sounds like this email is well due

The unsold seats in among the yearly reserved seats are the last reserved seats sold and are only put on sale when every other reserved seat is sold. Of course, the more people take up reserved seating the less there are for general sale!

I think its totally disrespectful to those around you to let opp fans, especially ones you know are loud and vocal, use your seats. Same goes for buying guest passes into the SC.

Hasnt been a problem on the MW reserved seats so far, possibly because we are a large group who have been sititng together for a number of years before taking up reserved seating.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
super dooper
Club Player

Otiman wrote:You should be responsible for the behaviour of the person sitting in your seat, if people can't be responsible like this, then perhaps measures need to be taken.

However, that said. What if your family member can't attend, and a friend wants to go and see a game of football? Do you use the ticket but go and sit up in general admission? I don't think so.

How is it any different to the unsold tickets in the reserved area (and yes, there are quite a few) being sold through ticketmaster and able to be bought up by anyone? I don't believe so.
You make some very good points there Otiman, similar ruling in the MCC where you are responsible for the actions of youe guest even if are not in attendence.

As for the opposition supporters sitting in the reserved seat area, we always seem to have opposition supporters sitting around us in the same seats. Due to the fact that these were not sold by membership i presume they have become available to the public. Can the club take some action in selling some priority tickets in the week of the game to try to ensure a stk supporter gets a seat with their fellow supporters in the members reserved area?

I guess an easier solution is for people to sign up and fill the vacant seats!!!

While on the issue about membership seating, is it me or are there starting to be a few more gaps in reserved seats that seemed to be full in recent years in particular.

As frustrating as we are playing atm it will never stop me from going and nor should it stop people to go especially when they are have purchased the seat!!

These non attendent members are always the first to verbally abuse a player, but before u know it when we are winning that same voice says everyone is brilliant.

When u sit in the same area for several years you start to recognise the same voices week in week out and credit to those who are there each week, its a pleasure sharing the ride that is supporting STKFC. Obviously some people cant attend every game, but you get the idea.

Its those people who make camio appearences only when the team is winning and i think it is just as bad as giving away your tickets to opposition supporters. This could be another possible reason to the increase in opposition supporters in OUR area!!!

Winmarvellous
Club Player

If half my mates weren't Eagles members I'd never get to see game of footy live with the seat allocations we get over here in the West. Paid up interstate members sometimes only get to see one of two games with the Saints playing that year. If we get two games.

GRAMophone
Club Player

Happened to notice about 4 very loud very obnoxious Collingwood supporters amongst level 1 reserved seat holders on Friday night.
Seemed fairly intent on provoking saints supporters.

I really felt for the kids sitting behind them who couldn't see a thing as they stood up frequently as well as anyone in the vicinity.

HOPELESSLY DEVOTED
St.Dianne
Club Player

I agree - far too many opposition supporters in our reserved seating area. I and my friends would never give our seats to anybody else other than Saints supporters if we cannot make it (which is very rare).

I did not get that email from the Club. Its about time something is done about it, also the opposition supporters who sneak past the person checking the tickets and sit in the empty seats.

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Surely you could find someone on this board to give tickets to. Why the empty seats?

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:Surely you could find someone on this board to give tickets to. Why the empty seats?
The reserved seat tickets are the same as your membership card. You wouldn't give it to a stranger.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Whilst taking the point of the OP I think you'll find that Row T in Ailse 35 is GA seating, and as such any GA patron can sit there.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

St DAC wrote:Whilst taking the point of the OP I think you'll find that Row T in Ailse 35 is GA seating, and as such any GA patron can sit there.
Not on Level 1 DAC :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Very good and on the money email.

For the Collingwood game, a mate of mine who is a Pies fan wanted to come along......I said no, as I was a reserved seat holder, even though the seats to the right of me are unsold. This particular supporter is fairly passive and wouldn't have upset too many on the MW, but I still said no, as all the reserved seat areas should be exclusive for Saints fans.

It disgusts me how soft some of our annual reserved seat holders are.

I bet this situation wouldn't happen as much at other higher profile clubs.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Very good and on the money email.

For the Collingwood game, a mate of mine who is a Pies fan wanted to come along......I said no, as I was a reserved seat holder, even though the seats to the right of me are unsold. This particular supporter is fairly passive and wouldn't have upset too many on the MW, but I still said no, as all the reserved seat areas should be exclusive for Saints fans.

Ha,

If that was my mate I would have taken him into that section and actually enjoyed my time watching the football with him.

Fair enough if there are fights or swearing....but just to please some yuppie supporters that don't like hearing cheering from the opposition, I wouldn't give a rats about them.

Thats what seperates football from the rest, the actually interaction of supporters. Not everyone yelling and cheering the same thing.

As I stated, morons shouldnt be taken into the stadium period....But to restrict a 'mate' because of his colours especially when there are obviously spare seats.......well thats just not cricket. Or football.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

I think it's a good email.

And as for giving tickets away - for my membership, I will get to see one (away) game this year. Thought about giving my ticket to my uncle, who lives in Melbourne, but didn't because he is a North supporter. The fact that he is very passive (and in his 80s now) didn't even deter me :D

If he's not a Saints fan, it just didn't seem right to give him my membership ticket.

I guess its an individual thing... eg if you have a partner/spouse who is an opposition supporter... it's difficult to tell them to stay home. (Difficult, but still possible, and sometimes necessary :wink: ).

But as a general point, I really don't like sitting with opposition supporters. Particularly loud, drunk or obnoxious ones. They can be very confrontational.

Having said that... opposition fans don't have a monopoly on sometimes being drunk, confrontational and obnoxius. I once saw a Saints fan get arrested for his violent (yes, violent) and abusive confrontation of Lions supporters sitting around him. It was a really yucky scene. It was the only time I've personally witnessed it, however.

Trying to think about how to avoid any confrontations at the footy...
in general, I would prefer if opposition supporters didn't come to the football at all! :lol:

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

There are two or three rows put aside for what I always believed were non-playing lsit players, their friends and family. This is about Row Q-R Level 1 Aisle 18. The rows have reserved on them and people are ushered into them.

So a bit rich saying this in an e-mail when two blokes who were clearly not players, were not associating with the players or their family/friends, but were shown into seats in that section wearing their Pies gear; and were the type of supporters who had to get on their feet for every bit of Pies action, constantly obstructing the view of those die-hard Snts fans directly behind them.

jackal
Club Player

Some Rubbish Posted Here

If my Eagles mates didn't take me to games as a member I wouldn't get to see many games. If you own a seat you can let your friend stay there..this is not an airline you know.

There are 2 separate issues here (possibly 3). 1) Fans behaviour and 2) Going to the footy with your mates.

None of my mates support the saints (nor the family or g/f) but I'll watch the footy with them none the less. I'm sure there are some offensive Saints fans in members as well, who carry on like pork chops as well. Make sure they are kept in line if that is the policy.

Any how, a bit of friendly banter is good fun..especially if we win!

Scottish Saint
Club Player

I sit in Aisle 32. On Friday night, the people who normally sit in the row in front didn't show up. At three quarter time, the steward controlling the bay disappeared and 5 drunk Collingwood fans who had been standing up the back took the seats and ruined the last quarter.

I didn't get up and go and look for a steward to get them moved because I didn't want to be seen to be causing hassle but I'm beginning to think now that I should have done.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

saint66au wrote:
St DAC wrote:Whilst taking the point of the OP I think you'll find that Row T in Ailse 35 is GA seating, and as such any GA patron can sit there.
Not on Level 1 DAC :-)
There's a Level 1? :oops:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Very good and on the money email.

Ha,

If that was my mate I would have taken him into that section and actually enjoyed my time watching the football with him.

Fair enough if there are fights or swearing....but just to please some yuppie supporters that don't like hearing cheering from the opposition, I wouldn't give a rats about them.

Thats what seperates football from the rest, the actually interaction of supporters. Not everyone yelling and cheering the same thing.

As I stated, morons shouldnt be taken into the stadium period....But to restrict a 'mate' because of his colours especially when there are obviously spare seats.......well thats just not cricket. Or football.
I am totally with you. It is great to have a chat or a yell at oppossition supporters. Do we want to be like soccer and be divided up. i think not. Couldnt think of anything more boring. As long as they are idiots bring it on. By the way there are idiot Saints upporters you can sit next to as well which can be just as bad.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Of course people want to bring friends who aupport the other side and I agree that total segregation a la soccer would be a bad thing, BUT, many many people buy yearly reserved seats for the express purpose of being able to sit among their own, in fact the CLub market those seats in that way.

There are shades of grey. Weve had the occaaional MW folk brings guest or partner who follow the opposition to ticketed games, but to a fault theyve been totally respectful of the area in which they sit. To come along as a guest in such an area and then start sledging St Kilda and baiting supporters is totally wrong. There are plenty of public areas to do that.

Weve also had issues with unsold yearly seats being sold to the public for big drawing games (Essendon/Richmond/Collingwood) Id love nothing more than to someohow make these seats only available to saints members, but Ive asked the question of Telstra Dome and unfortnately the Ticketmaster infrastructure does cannot do it. Fortunately its really only been an issue once, when we had a boozy Essendon fan (in a Tigers jumper!) sledge as young disabled lad on the MW. He copped the wrath of those of us near him and his mates and him vanished to the bar at the next break and didnt return :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Halo Halo
Club Player

How could anybody possibly agree with this rubbish..

I think this is pathetic.. We have five reserved seats & at times not all of us can go to the games so we do let other friends/family come with us.. Same with the people behind us & the people in front of us.. I for one am not going to go to a game & sit with four empty seats besides me because other people cant make it to the game..

Of course at times I have taken people that support the 'away' team nut nobody I have asked to come with me has ever caused trouble.. We all talk to the people around us & have a joke with anybopdy that supports the opposing team(s).. Never has there been voilence or anger by anybody bought by another reserved seat holder.. We sit next to a bay of seats that are not reserved which results in constantly experiencing supporters cheering the opposition, which isnt a bad thing (well most of the time)

If I was asked to remove my 'friends' because they didnt support Saint Kilda I would NOT renew my seats.. We spent over $4000 on our memberships, including social club memberships & 'gold' reserved..

What surprises me is that if St Kilda supporters have made an issue about other clubs supporters the Saints supporters seem to be able to 'give it but cant take it' or are either pathetically soft..

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

My mate who's a Carlton supporter took me to the game last year at the Telstra Dome when it was their home game and I sat near the players race right in the Carlton members area.

Copped a bit of abuse.....but all in good jest.....but it's not like he gave me the tickets.....he was sitting right next to me.....

Does anything think thats inappropriate???

I didn't see a problem with it personally.....but it was good at the end when the siren sounded.....thought they were close to clipping us.

:lol:

Prodgers
Club Player

I have taken an opposition supporter into the reserved seating area when i had seats in there about 6 years ago and my mate didnt clap, cheer or anything and he was just poking fun at me as saints were now about 8 goals down (oh the glory days) and this woman behind us starting telling me to get out and she was 'disgusted' as i let him in the area and was going to write a letter to the club... good on her, i can take whoever i want to the footy i mean after all they were MY seats and he wasnt even wearing ANY team gear. If he was cheering and clapping and annoying everyone then fine, rack off idiot - but there was nothing.

This is half the reason i left the reserved seat area, while they were awesome seats i couldnt stand the people around me as they would ways complain, bag players and never SUPPORT the side except when they were up by 8 goals... and then would still complain if we won by only 7 goals and not 9 :roll: However we still get people complaining and bagging players in the social club but i dont sit next to the same people every week :wink:

The other problem which i came across sitting next to an essendon supporter in the social club - what if that person is actually a member of the club as this woman claimed to be? (she was with her mother who was a saints supporter) Is there anything that says you have to be a St Kilda follower to be a member? Interesting...