Confused

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rexy
SS Life Member

Confused

Im sure this may have been covered but I have been away for a couple of weeks and I am confused. When the umpires at the Map didnt hear the siren and allowed Baker to mark and kick a point after the siren had sounded, the AFL investigated and decided that even though the rules stated that play didnt stop until the umpire blew his whistle and held his hand up, they would change the result to keep in the spirit of the game.

When Sydney run around for half a minute with an extra man who is involved in the passage of play that puts them level, the AFL investigates and finds that even though this is against the rules they can not change the result of a game?

WTF

Maybe this year?
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Corruption and inequity flows like a river at AFL headquarters.

gooner
Club Player

Absolutely. Your problem there is that you are attempting to find some sort of logical thread in the AFLs arguments.
You should know by now that were you to feed their paradoxical arguments into a computer it would shout "Does Not Compute!" and explode like a bad 60s sci-fi movie.
This has been done to death for the last two weeks. We just have to accept that we watch a game presided over by an organisation that takes its lead from Franz Kafka or "Catch-22". Enough.

"The humble improve" Wynton Marsalis
starsign
Club Player

AFL Anderson M8
this blokes a classic born again proctologist

and to use a good line from The Life of Brian
"he's makin' it up as he goes along"

St.Kenny
Club Player

very valid point. The only difference being the Swans are the 'teachers pet' of the afl whereas the Saints are the kid least likely to succeed. The Swans offer greater market potential than we could ever offer.,hence we bend the rules.

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
berniedquinn

St Kenny, I think the only bending going on is us being bent over a barrel taking a mardi gras size..........................................you can all finish this sentence!!!

Legalise cloning........then we can have 18 Robert Harveys