The game was lost on Thursday night

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stevos2151
Club Player

The game was lost on Thursday night

Please stop playing hacks. I am sick of the mentality that "Young players need to earn their spot in the side".

It should be "Players already in the side need to earn their stay in it."
If you are in the team and you dont perform your out.

Please play our young players. I am sick of seeing old has beens in our team. Make the hard call Ross.

Eg Have a look at Geelong. Their is not one hack player anywhere. They got rid of players like playfair, gardiner (yes how ironic), byrnes etc. Bout time we did the same.

(PS Either debate the points, or piss off. If you want to personally attack, then start a new topic).

Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

Yeah we never seem to do that. I'd like to see the likes of Jones, Geary, Eddy, McEvoy (if needed), Allen, Ferguson get decent game time. So long as they're willing to put in 110% theres no harm done. These players could be the ones who are passionate and play their hearts out.

It seems the coaching staff are a bit stubborn to do this.

stairwaytoheaven
Club Player

Tthere are players on our list that we really wonder about their ability to play top level. We often run through the list and just know they would never be in the starting 22 for the Cats.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Re: The game was lost on Thursday night

It should be "Players already in the side need to earn their stay in it."

Good point

stairwaytoheaven
Club Player

And why not give the young kids a go we have nothing to loose, who knows it might just get the wheels a turning again.