In what order do you rate tonights passengers?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

In what order do you rate tonights passengers?

Obvious passengers were Schneider, King, Dempster, L. Fisher, Raph, Charlie Gardiner, among others. But in what order would you drop them and why?

|Andy|
Club Player

i definitely wouldnt say king was one. Hayes and Ball wouldnt have been the clearance kings if it wasnt for him today.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: In what order do you rate tonights passengers?

borderbarry wrote:Obvious passengers were Schneider, King, Dempster, L. Fisher, Raph,
among others. But in what order would you drop them and why?
Sorry missed what you said thought you mentioned King and Fisher.
Didnt see kosi, C gardiner and G anywhere.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

G had an OK game, considering the rest of the team insisted on kicking it 5 meters in front of him EVERY time.....

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Passengers were

King - Got a few hitouts and nothing else
C.Gardiner - Struggles against decent opposition
Gehrig - The only way he can be useful is if it's kick perfectly to him on a lead, and St Kilda mids don't do that
Schneider - Why the hell was he at half back?
Koschitzke - Clearly not a CHF
Gram - Man up for god's sake

Disasters were
Clarke - Shocking game
Milne - Tried his guts out but everything went wrong

OUT: R.Clarke, C.Gardiner, Gehrig
IN: Fiora, Geary, Allen

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

u could put Plugger down there tonight and he would have struggled to have more impact than Gehrig

how'd the rest of the big forward on the ground go.....?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:Passengers were

King - Got a few hitouts and nothing else
C.Gardiner - Struggles against decent opposition
Gehrig - The only way he can be useful is if it's kick perfectly to him on a lead, and St Kilda mids don't do that
Schneider - Why the hell was he at half back?
Koschitzke - Clearly not a CHF
Gram - Man up for god's sake

Disasters were
Clarke - Shocking game
Milne - Tried his guts out but everything went wrong

OUT: R.Clarke, C.Gardiner, Gehrig
IN: Fiora, Geary, Allen
How did those ins go tomorrow? Can you tell me as I might back them to win a few bucks.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Interesting stat..

Collingwood had only 8 more posessions than us...yet NINE of our players had less than 10 touches...compared to just two Pies players.

Too much left to too few.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Richter
SS Life Member

Yep agree with most of the above posters.... King ok I thought, Leigh Fisher didn't offer anything offensively but I presume he was on ?Lockyer - who barely touched it all night - job done IMO.

Agree that this is a huge opportunity for some players tomorrow, namely...

Fiora - almost a Monty to come in. We know he can do it at AFL level. Skill and pace.

CJ - if he can continue his good form in the magoos another putting his hand up for the extra mid spot

Geary - surely time to blood this kid for an extended period in the ones.

Bakes - please get well soon. Dempster is not up to it.

Ferg - back up on last week's effort and you'll get G's spot

Allen - probably in competition with Ferg for G's place - if both play well then look out CG too.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

king was fine he won the hit outs and made a contest cant fault him charlie looked ordinary Raph looked like he was to concerend about stuffing up to reall put it all in (although his last 5 mins were fairlyy good)
G looked injured i know the kicks all missed him but i think it was more of that where he normally would be but he couldnt get there quick enuff .

on milne .. is there anyon eles in the AFL who gets less frees then milney ?? its like the umps give his opponent the bennifit off the doubt every time ... surly he could snag a lucky free some time ?

also lenny was great but his goal kicking really hurt us in the end

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Schneider?

One thing I have noticed about him is that when the pace of the game is hot, he simply can't keep up. A liability against teams who move the ball quickly. I think it's becoming apparent why Sydney off-loaded their two flankers to us.

Dempster?

There is nothing about his game that suggests he is more than marginally better than a VFL level player. Geary is smaller, but has evasive skills and tackles well. Seems like a logical swap to me

Gehrig?

A great servant to our club and sad to watch his decline. Allen must now be given opportunities

Koschitzke?

Poor aerobic fitness means he cannot play CHF. He must take Gehrig's position in the goal square

Raph Clarke?

Dropped his head on three occasions while going for marks. Confidence is shot. Fiora can do all Raph can at the moment and maybe it's time to give him another chance. Ferguson is better overhead than both players and is more aggressive, and finally must come under consideration. Isn't the coach vaguely interested in finding out if this guy can play?

King?

First game back after a hamstring. Important to us, and by far our second best ruck option. Wasn't great, but will be better

C.Gardiner?

Who thought this guy was a top forward? No-one. So we shouldn't be surprised by last night's performance. He's fine when it's keepings-off, but contested situations don't suit him. I don't know if there's anyone else on the list aside from Ferguson who can come in and play a similer role. Bit of a problem...

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Ferg isnt the answer in my opinion he may be great overhead in the VFL but his afl performances leave a lot to be desired

i dont buy into this "i dont know why the coach wont give him a go " crap
the selection commitee know the players inside out see them every week watch them train every time are privy to every bit of information on a players attitude form and prospects to the team
we only see what we want to see and we often let that cloud our judgemnt on who should be dropped and who should be playing . if the selection commitee say a player isnt up to it i would trust thier selection over a fans anyday of the week

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
matrix
Saintsational Legend

i dont rate passengers

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Re: In what order do you rate tonights passengers?

borderbarry wrote:Obvious passengers were Schneider, King, Dempster, L. Fisher, Raph, Charlie Gardiner, among others. But in what order would you drop them and why?
Just how you can state that Leigh Fisher was a passenger last night is beyond me....

Leigh Fisher absolutely smashed Lockyer and prior to tonights match Lockyer was in career best form

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
bergsone
SS Life Member

People saying delivery to gehrig was at his feet,so be it .Forwards arent going to get it put on there chest all the time .Looks to me he has lost the ability to bend over and get his own ball.Hope he proves me wrong,but maybe it might be time

vacuous space
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Ferg isnt the answer...
Perhaps not, but given the way Gehrig and Charlie played, another good game might get him a shot at AFL level. Chances are, if he gets a game, he'll be playing a position that he's never played before at this level. There's really no way of knowing how good he'll be.

We definitely need to change the forwards selected though. Milne at FF in the last quarter showed just how desperate we are for a marking target.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
CeilidhSaint
Club Player

...I wish I had a good enough memory to remember those people that state some complete rubbish on here and those that actually have some understanding...
Everyone makes mistakes, but make no mistake, L Fisher and J Blake well and truly earnt their spot last night.
Under more threat are Schneider, Dempster, Fraser (newsflash!), R Clarke (who MUST have photos of someone in a compromising position) and perhaps C Gardiner.
Raph, please mate, get your hands hard and arms braced when you go for a mark, that is why you drop so many.
Whoever questioned Milne's position - please.

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

who is our forward coach and what is he teaching the players?

whatever we are paying him, its too much.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

John Barker.

A Hawks never was, and always injured.

I have never seen him involved at all, at training, and I have been to every open session for the past 3 years.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I find some of the nominations above for passengers odd.

King? Just back after a period out and hence TOG was limited. Our mids are obviously a lot more appreciative of his ruckwork,,,,thana few posters here. also please not Kin's body work..again mids are happy. lcakof possesions/ Yes..but also note a few deft knock ons which are not recorded as diposals...but are equally valuable.

Anyone that says that King is poor simply does not understand ruckwork.

Blake? Now from my past posts I have been known to give him a bake sometimes for poor decision making or poor use of the ball.
Last night he played on T Cloke rated by many as a very good CHF. ...and Blake did very wel

A good game by any measure.

Dempster ? Did well.

L Fisher ? Played a fair game.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Superboot
SS Life Member

Dan Warna wrote:who is our forward coach and what is he teaching the players?

Agree.

Collingwood are quicker than us and got some easy goals as a consequence, but the game was there for the taking, and I left feeling that the better team lost.

We did enough defensively to win it.

The midfield picked up on previous weeks, with some of them outstanding.

We lost it going inside 50. No forward structure whatsoever, and the only option was to launch it long to Milne with two blokes on him, an absurd idea at the best of times. Why is that, on so many occasions, the only option?

We had the ball for almost all of the last 5 minutes but never looked like kicking the two goals that were needed.

Winmarvellous
Club Player

What about Gram! Surely we've got better options down back. Rest one of our mids there if we have to. He just doesn't man up, and doesn't do enough when he's got it to warrant his spot. Been very average for a few weeks now, and while maginally better last night, is still a liability, Maybe a stint in the magoos, or a spell forward, as he seems to like bombing away at every opportunity.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Superboot wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:who is our forward coach and what is he teaching the players?

Agree.

Collingwood are quicker than us and got some easy goals as a consequence, but the game was there for the taking, and I left feeling that the better team lost.

We did enough defensively to win it.

The midfield picked up on previous weeks, with some of them outstanding.

We lost it going inside 50. No forward structure whatsoever, and the only option was to launch it long to Milne with two blokes on him, an absurd idea at the best of times. Why is that, on so many occasions, the only option?

We had the ball for almost all of the last 5 minutes but never looked like kicking the two goals that were needed.
either our players are terminally stupid (and looking at ball/goddard/blake and co, thats not so) or the planning/drilling is not possible to execute.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
rexy
SS Life Member

Gram-defender who does not defend, a squib who refuses to put his head over the ball and would prefer to zone off the man with the ball than run at him. Not deserving of the shield on his chest at this stage. Drop him now.

Dempster-not at the level IMO.

Raph-Hands are not clean and disposals are lazy.

Gherig-Cant bend over and his confidence with the ball is shot.

C.Gardiner-Gets it but his usage is average.

Maybe this year?
Solar
Saintsational Legend

Gehrig - Thanks for the memories. Refused to lead on many occasions. Actually had collingwoods 3-4th defender and that shows where he is at the present. Useless when the ball gets to the ground.

Charlie - refuses to take shots at goal, not a smart footballer and average skills. Fergi is alot more value in the form he is in. (not the best day for forwards)

dempster - dumb dumb dumb footballer.

Milne - to up and down for a player of his age. I am not knocking the work he does but mate if you take a mark 40 out got back and drill it.

gram - soft and needs to go back to basics

schneider - lazy and slow. Doesn't get to the right positions and needs a good rocket.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith