Lets been Real.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Gilbert=Legend

Lets been Real.

I am sick to death of everyone saying raph is a good player. Lets face the facts, he is slow, worries about the other teams players and cant kick if hit him in the face.

This forum is also backing him, no matter what happens. He must be dropped in order for us to move forward. He is player that is suited for the vfl, not the afl. His skills over the past 3-4 years have proved this.

Sure he might get some touches in the vfl and kick a couple of goals a match, but, then why not bring in jones, allen, eddy, ferg and macevoy. All these players seemed to be the best players in the vfl every week, and yet we still pick raph.

I am sick to death of it. So are so many fans. We can take ourselves back a couple of weeks when a saints player was dropped and replaced with raph, everyone around me and groaned and yelled at thier disappointment.

Personally, i believe we must trade him and get someone else. Our team has too many young guns to let a slow and pathetic player in the team. This is why i am not attending tonights game as i cant be ferk watching our s@#$house player once again.

JeffDunne

Ok . . .

:roll:

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lets been Real.

Gilbert=Legend wrote:I am sick to death of everyone saying raph is a good player. Lets face the facts, he is slow, worries about the other teams players and cant kick if hit him in the face.

This forum is also backing him, no matter what happens. He must be dropped in order for us to move forward. He is player that is suited for the vfl, not the afl. His skills over the past 3-4 years have proved this.

Sure he might get some touches in the vfl and kick a couple of goals a match, but, then why not bring in jones, allen, eddy, ferg and macevoy. All these players seemed to be the best players in the vfl every week, and yet we still pick raph.

I am sick to death of it. So are so many fans. We can take ourselves back a couple of weeks when a saints player was dropped and replaced with raph, everyone around me and groaned and yelled at thier disappointment.

Personally, i believe we must trade him and get someone else. Our team has too many young guns to let a slow and pathetic player in the team. This is why i am not attending tonights game as i cant be ferk watching our s@#$house player once again.
lets face the facts....

bj showed nothing for so long...look at him...

who actually cares what you have to think??? if you had an football knowledge or insight you would be down at the club working there...or at least involved in football somewhere

stay at home...watch big brother or something as that would appeal to you instead of watching your team...

get back to school

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Gilbert=Legend wrote:This is why i am not attending tonights game as i cant be ferk watching our s@#$house player once again.
Fair enough. Now just extend your boycott to all things to do with the Sainters, including this forum, and I'll be extremely happy.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:get back to school
Get back to the English as a Second Language class by the look of the thread title!!

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
bergsone
SS Life Member

Never been a big rap for RC,but with what he cops here ,love to see a BOG from himl. lets all remember ,it a lot easier this side of the fence.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

people were begging the club to trade montagna so we can get a round 3 draft pick for him

06 he became a round 2 draft pic, 07, he was a required player.

08 a bit slow of the mark, but still a moer than serviceable year from him so far.

Andrew Thompson, didn't start till he was 24

nathan burke trade bait for the G williams and barry mitchell attempts, went on to poll well in brownlow medals, become recognised as one of the premier hard ball winners and club captain.

Don't eat the young.

SOME players fail to achieve their potential for a variety of reasons.

1. arrogance (caydn Beetham was too good for st kilda)
2. injury (darren bourke, damen shaw, jason cripps are kids who were finished in their early 20s at st kilda through cruelling of injuries)
3. Biology (gumby allen dominated junior football as a 15 year old 194cm ruckman, didn't get that 'second' growth spurt so many kids get from 15 to 18 for that extra couple of inches) was basically too short to play
4. Not Good enough, generally about 1/3 of the round 1 draft picks don't make 20 games, and the % of players who fail after than increases.

raph Clarke is still a kid and tbh, so is xavier.

IMO we were hasty in ditching mcqualter, the rest pretty much right on.

CJ COULD be then next andrew thompson, here's hoping. if he does go on to play 150 quality games (so far maybe 2 decent games for the saints in the seniors) then his critics (me included) would be rapt.

Tuck down at richmond is another example of a gun late bloomer.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

dan tuck is average...he had a good season in 06 from memory but apart from that he has looks a gop at best

he was overated during his good season as the tiggies had literally noone else close to winning the footy anyway

raph will come good...plonk him on a half forward flank and watch him run rings around everyone ... including himself

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.