Raphael Clarke Injured?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint24601
Club Player

Raphael Clarke Injured?

injuryupdate.com.au (usually a reliable source) lists Raphael Clarke as hamstring strain, estimated return round 11. It also lists Xavier Clarke as hamstring strain, out until round 10. Make of this what you will.

I will not comment on whether Raphael Clarke's supposed hamstring strain contributed to his performance against Richmond.

I will also not comment on whether I think had he not strained his hamstring (if he has) he would have been selecetd this week.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Raphael Clarke Injured?

saint24601 wrote:injuryupdate.com.au (usually a reliable source) .
Thanks ...but....usually a reliable source?? You have to be kidding...they are often wrong and behind the times.

This weeks entry is case in point.

Jayden Attard knee ACL Last season Rnd 14
Ruptured ACL late in 2007 and will miss much of 2008.
Steven Baker knee injury Rnd 7 Rnd 8
Test
Glenn Chivers foot injury Rnd 6 Rnd 12
Raphael Clarke hamstring strain Rnd 7 Rnd 11
Xavier Clarke hamstring strain Rnd 7 Rnd 10

Sam Gilbert A/C joint sprain Rnd 5 Rnd 12
Grade 3 AC tear.
Max Hudghton hamstring strain Rnd 7 Rnd 10
Steven King hamstring strain Rnd 5 Rnd 8
test
Steven King hamstring strain Rnd 7 Rnd 8 Test

Matt Maguire foot injury Rnd 7 End of season
Fractured 4th metatarsal and is listed as out for the season
Luke Miles shin injury Rnd 6 Rnd 9
Fibula stress fracture
Nick Riewoldt knee MCL Rnd 7 Rnd 11
MRI scans pending but didn't look good, and will probably sit out at leat 3-4 weeks
Luke Van Rheenen foot injury Rnd 6 End of season

Now they put Raph in a bit back when X Clarke got injured and put the wrong Clarke in!!!! Raph is not injured.

This they have now fixed,. but the sloppy twits were too lazy to remove Raph's name.

Have a look at King...he in in twice!!!!!!!

This rubbish is typical of their efforts.

In the past they have often had plyers listed as injured when they were playing!!!

The site is a joke and should ALWAYS be treated with caution.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Thu 15 May 2008 4:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saint24601
Club Player

one can only hope that they are right this time, not that I am happy if he is injured (obviously, this is bad luck for the guy) but since his continual selection could only be attributed to either having "incriminating photos" of someone high up at the club or he carries Fraser Gehrig's brain onto the field, it makes it easier for the selectors.

oops I said I wouldn't comment.

The Peanut
Club Player

saint24601 wrote:one can only hope that they are right this time, not that I am happy if he is injured (obviously, this is bad luck for the guy) but since his continual selection could only be attributed to either having "incriminating photos" of someone high up at the club or he carries Fraser Gehrig's brain onto the field, it makes it easier for the selectors.

gee - it must have made your day to see Raph on the injury list
... obsession to the max. :roll: Never mind we need all the players we can get.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Re: Raphael Clarke Injured?

saint24601 wrote:injuryupdate.com.au (usually a reliable source) lists Raphael Clarke as hamstring strain, estimated return round 11. It also lists Xavier Clarke as hamstring strain, out until round 10. Make of this what you will.

I will not comment on whether Raphael Clarke's supposed hamstring strain contributed to his performance against Richmond.

I will also not comment on whether I think had he not strained his hamstring (if he has) he would have been selecetd this week.
I can sense the delicate caution and admire the courage you must have built up to come out with that. I'm not that brave i'm gonna be getting it from the player himself and wearing a bullet proof vest before i open my mouth on here. :lol:

bergsone
SS Life Member

I hope R.C doesnt read SOMEof the posts on here .Ive been disappointed in his career so far,but i though his last game showed real improvement .Encouragement never hurt anybody

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

i used to be against raph playing at all after seeing some improvement against richmond i say keep him playing, he is a bit of alright!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

ralphysaints35 wrote:i used to be against raph playing at all after seeing some improvement against richmond i say keep him playing, he is a bit of alright!
yeah. can play a bit and is worth persevering with.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saint24601 wrote:one can only hope that they are right this time, not that I am happy if he is injured (obviously, this is bad luck for the guy) but since his continual selection could only be attributed to either having "incriminating photos" of someone high up at the club or he carries Fraser Gehrig's brain onto the field, it makes it easier for the selectors.

I am assuming that your saintsational name is your membership #?
If so, I am sure that the Saints employees who regularly visit this site will be more than pleased to pass your best wishes on to Raph. Given that he could then access your contact details he, together with Fraser, may wish to pay you a visit and personally thank you for your support and kind wishes. :roll:

yipper
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:

I am assuming that your saintsational name is your membership #?
If so, I am sure that the Saints employees who regularly visit this site will be more than pleased to pass your best wishes on to Raph. Given that he could then access your contact details he, together with Fraser, may wish to pay you a visit and personally thank you for your support and kind wishes. :roll:
:lol: Indeed - another internet tough guy!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
saint24601
Club Player

are they the same saints employees who's tawdry tale has been all over the newspapers in the last 2 days?

Are they the same saints employees who put the sign "reserved for 2008 premiership" in the trophy cabinet?

Is that the same Raphael Clarke who kicked to a contest with 10 seconds to go against Richmond and nearly cost us the game? Honestly, who kicks to a contest these days?

GrumpyOne

saint24601 wrote:are they the same saints employees who's tawdry tale has been all over the newspapers in the last 2 days?

Are they the same saints employees who put the sign "reserved for 2008 premiership" in the trophy cabinet?

Is that the same Raphael Clarke who kicked to a contest with 10 seconds to go against Richmond and nearly cost us the game? Honestly, who kicks to a contest these days?
That clearly defines the term "supporter", doesn't it.