saints memorbilla stories

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintstevos
Club Player

saints memorbilla stories

if anyone has a one of our 1972 match day jumpers, i would like to present one of these to my great father who is 90 in june. he is lucky to have made it this far, and 1972 was the year in which he has the fondest memories of the club before suffering a bypass. if anyone can help out i am willing to pay up to 500 and be assured it will be going to a good cause and great man that loves the club like every other of us. go sainters

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

How will you be able to tell it's a 1972 jumper,do you think they are date stamped....

Will we pick up a player in the SSP window :?:
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Re: saints memorbilla stories

saintstevos wrote:if anyone has a one of our 1972 match day jumpers, i would like to present one of these to my great father who is 90 in june. he is lucky to have made it this far, and 1972 was the year in which he has the fondest memories of the club before suffering a bypass. if anyone can help out i am willing to pay up to 500 and be assured it will be going to a good cause and great man that loves the club like every other of us. go sainters
Wow God Bless him. How many Saints fans has he created ? Hope he gets his jumper . Maybe you could have a big cake made as a St Kilda Guernsey. At least he got to see a St Kilda premiership .

I might have to live a lot longer than 90 for one . Might have to be frozen and thawed out every time we make a Grand Final till we win one.

Maybe bobmurray is on to something he wont be able to tell if you can just find an old jumper and say you bought it at auction or something no one could proove otherwise and maybe it might be worth the lie to fulfill his dream.

esaint66
SS Life Member

Re: saints memorbilla stories

Winmar7Fan wrote:Maybe you could have a big cake made as a St Kilda Guernsey.

I had one of those for my 8th birthday :D :lol:
It was awesome :D

esaint66
SS Life Member

bobmurray wrote:How will you be able to tell it's a 1972 jumper,do you think they are date stamped....

Yeah very true.

From memory back then it was before they had sponser's logos on the jumpers and maybe around the time or before the time they added the VFL log onto them, so very hard to able to tell if a jumper from then is actually from then.