Guess the crowd this Friday: Us vs Filth

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Guess the crowd this Friday: Us vs Filth

48,212 (It should be 50,000 but that seems to be a pipe dream for us nowadays!)

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Prodgers
Club Player

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Are we talking about teh Telstra Dome or the Remand Centre after the Saints smash the Pies and the 'Filth Army' are let loose on Melbourne?

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

i think its gonna be a massive crowd 3 quator time we will see alot of black and white fans crying and leaving when we have flogged there side

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

47,501 Ticketed game so hard to get more as people book tickets and decide not to go. That is the problem of making seats at no cost.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:47,501 Ticketed game so hard to get more as people book tickets and decide not to go. That is the problem of making seats at no cost.
Yeh, level three is of no cost. FUnnily, last game (essendon) the chick asked how i paid for free tickets over the internet when I went to collect at the TD.

yipper
SS Life Member

I reckon the 50000 will be topped this week. 50060

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Sam23
SS Life Member

Goddard.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:47,501 Ticketed game so hard to get more as people book tickets and decide not to go. That is the problem of making seats at no cost.
nearly as bad as having a huge selection of level 2 not turn up each week......

At least those getting the "free" tickets on level three are members, more then can be said for the corperates on level 2.....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

44,710 :shock:

Stand your ground :shock:
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:

At least those getting the "free" tickets on level three are members, more then can be said for the corperates on level 2.....
Not sure they are free. It costs $5000 a year to be a medallion club member so I think they can do what they like.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:

Not sure they are free. It costs $5000 a year to be a medallion club member so I think they can do what they like.
remember most are bought by companies to wine and dine their customers. Theatre goers mostly. Anyway the level 3 tickets are not free, the members pay for their entry at the start of the season. It's a little rich that you defend the theatre goers yet have pot shots at those who buy memberships and support their clubs.

FQF
In richo I trust

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:

remember most are bought by companies to wine and dine their customers. Theatre goers mostly. Anyway the level 3 tickets are not free, the members pay for their entry at the start of the season. It's a little rich that you defend the theatre goers yet have pot shots at those who buy memberships and support their clubs.
I cannot see where I potted anyone but dont facts wreck a bad story. I know a few medallian club members and they are far from theatre goers and if they cant use their ticket they try to give it to someone else and they should have rights because they partly funded the building as did MCC members at the G.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

thats a pot shot at people on level 3 not turning up.... those are the facts..... I like my facts with my story :D

FQF
In richo I trust

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:

I cannot see where I potted anyone but dont facts wreck a bad story. I know a few medallian club members and they are far from theatre goers and if they cant use their ticket they try to give it to someone else and they should have rights because they partly funded the building as did MCC members at the G.
the building of the telstra dome was never funded by medallion club members. It was built by a private company and on sold to channel 7 and the AFL 7 years later. These are premium yearly seats which are barely used for most games. For mine that makes them theatre goers.

Just find it strange that you always stick up for the corperates who never turn up and when they do they sit back and don't care. Then you suggest that it's hard to get big crowds when they don't charge MEMBERS, yes MEMBERS, the mums and dads who pay their membership year in and year out. Thats what irks me.....

FQF
In richo I trust

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
thats a pot shot at people on level 3 not turning up.... those are the facts..... I like my facts with my story :D
It isnt slightly a pot shot they may be sick or have something else on and because it free they dont go. You are easily offended if thats a pot shot but as I said dont let facts wreck a bad story.

yipper
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
It isnt slightly a pot shot they may be sick or have something else on and because it free they dont go. You are easily offended if thats a pot shot but as I said dont let facts wreck a bad story.
Gee you have lots of gripes plugger!! The average joe members / punters are what turned the VFL into todays National mega-giant corporate king AFL. It was never the medallion club members or the MCC - they couldn't give rats clacker what was going on out on the field. It is the passionate punters out there - the family man buying his membership that built the emoire that you so love nowadays. You think TV would pump in the dollars if it was only the medallion club watching?? Hardly - it's because several million punters watch footy around the country every year. They are what make it all worthwhile for the TV networks and the sponsors and the AFL. Medallion club and MCC are just cream on the top.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
mischa
Club Player

Oh who f****** cares how big the crowd is :?: :roll: :roll: I just care about smashing a side that lost (badly) to Carlscum!

"Thanks korters. If Richmond kick more goals they'll win"-R.Scumbag (nee Walls)

The All Spin Zone-Saintsational.com
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

4 points

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

2 weeks.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
Gee you have lots of gripes plugger!! The average joe members / punters are what turned the VFL into todays National mega-giant corporate king AFL. It was never the medallion club members or the MCC - they couldn't give rats clacker what was going on out on the field. It is the passionate punters out there - the family man buying his membership that built the emoire that you so love nowadays. You think TV would pump in the dollars if it was only the medallion club watching?? Hardly - it's because several million punters watch footy around the country every year. They are what make it all worthwhile for the TV networks and the sponsors and the AFL. Medallion club and MCC are just cream on the top.
I havent had a gripe at all. Its you and power heating that are gripping. Please show me a gripe I just stated as fact that because people dont pay they sometimes dont turn up. Where have I slight had a go at members. Please read the thread and then realise you are just out of your depth. Now go and play in a hole.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

<shrug> 1991 hundreds if not thousands of saints fans begging, and offering on boars $200 to see st kilda play geelong in the finals.

ten thousand seats available as hawks members decided to stay home.

nearly 20 years later nothings changed.

if I pay for something, whether I chose to consume it or not, I still own that thing.

the problem is in the way that ticketing is conducted.

IMO if you have a paid for pass you should just tick a box and they should issue you a ticket to said event.

In this day and age with these levels of technology, the MCG was better run in then 1980s and 1990s than TD this decade.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:

Every Medalion Club seat gets counted in the attendance at every match anyway don't they?