Pure gold!! (Worth the long read)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

September 30, 2037. Demetriou Dome, New Delhi, India.

The Saints finally won that elusive second premiership with a hard fought and thrilling 2 point win over the West Sydney Mortgage Defaulters, in front of 250,000 fans at the Demetriou Dome (Named in honour of the greatest and most influential person ever involved with the AFL) in New Delhi. The saints overcame tough opposition, a hostile crowd and oppressive temperatures to become the first club to win a premiership after finishing the home and away rounds in 24th position. The saints cleverly exploited the "Mark Williams Finals System" to clinch a berth in the play-off after just 18 preceding finals. The 24 teams in the 48 team competition that missed the finals are considering a protest.

Star of the triumph and winner of the Demetriou Statue (Named in honour of the greatest and most influential person ever involved with the AFL. It replaced the Norm Smith Medal in 2010), awarded for best afield, was none other than ageless St.Kilda champion, 65 year old midfielder, Robert Harvey.

At his usual relentless running best, Harvey, in his 1035th game for the saints, accumulated 35 posessions and capped his performance by scoring 3 Demetrious (Replaced the goal in 2010 and named in honour of the greatest and most influential person ever involved with the AFL) in the second half, including the winner, just seconds before the final siren.

Victorious St.Kilda coach, Connor Harvey, was full of praise for his father's efforts. Connor, himself a fine player, although retired since 2032, described the old man as, "a marvel, role model and mentor of the highest order. He could work on his defensive accountability a bit more, and he could kick a few more goals, but at his age I have to cut him some slack. What the hell, we finally got the chocolates. No one deserves this more than dad. Now his CV is complete at last. Two Brownlows, 2 Demetriou Medals (Replaced the Brownlow Medal in 2010 as the award for the Fairest and Best player in the AFL. It is named in honour of the greatest and most influential person ever involved with the AFL), 6 club best and fairest, the last two won in his fifties, AFL MVP, Legend, Hall of Fame member and AFL lifetime achievement Award, The Anderson, named after the patron saint of interstate clubs, Adrian Anderson.

The typically humble Harvey was full of praise for his team mates, refusing to accept individual accolades. "The best part of today, and we had a bit of luck with the new grandfather/grandson rule brought in this year, was that I got to play in a premiership with my two grandsons, Grant and Thomas. They were superb, weren't they?" enthused the champ.

Devoted wife Danielle stood beside her man, beaming with pride. "I couldn't be more proud of him. He's been a bit of a handful at the Rod Butterss maximum security home for the aged this year, but it's all turned out all right in the end. They just can't control him. They've tried rotating tags of nurses, but he just grinds them into the dirt. He can't be stopped. At least now he can retire, as he's been promising to do for the last 35 years!

St.Kilda President, Michael Rix, was on hand to accept the long awaited premiership cup, but somehow failed to take full possession of it, eventually fumbling and dropping it on the floor. "Another touchless outing, I'm afraid, " lamented the President.

Vice President of Australia, Corey Worthington, standing in for the President of the Australian Republic, Deborah Mailman, was on hand to present the Demetriou Statue to the the humble saints hero. Worthington then mumbled something about the premiership celebrations were on back at his place and that he'd text all his mates to bring their friends and grog.

Meanwhile, Harvey thanked his sponsors, R & X Clarke Prosthetics, for extending his career. The company was founded by former St.Kilda players, Raphael and Xavier Clarke, who based their research and product development on their own continually shattering bodies. They became the largest makers of prosthetic devices in the world, with Harvey the face of the company.

Harvey's original heart is on display at the National Museum, in the Australian Capital, Noosa, next to that of Phar Lap. His artificial heart, the RX 5000, has delivered reliable and consistent performance after a rocky start. "Couldn't have done it without the new technology," admitted Harvey. "The big ones this year though, were the titanium hips and knees. They'll last another 20 seasons."

At this point, Danielle Harvey collapsed, sobbing uncontrollably. When she challenged the great man about his promise to retire if the saints finally landed a flag, her husband shot back, "We've got to try for back-to back flags, don't we?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

If you are going to repeat someones else's work...you could at least acknowledge them.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Fri 09 May 2008 4:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Where does it say that I wrote it???? F*ck some ppl on here are tools. It was sent to me in an email no idea who wrote it, now back on patrol forum police!

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Very good, love it. But hope we don't have to wait quite that long!!!! :lol:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

BringBackMadDog wrote:Where does it say that I wrote it???? F*ck some ppl on here are tools. It was sent to me in an email no idea who wrote it, now back on patrol forum police!
Arrest this man immediately. He has broken protocol 14.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:Where does it say that I wrote it???? F*ck some ppl on here are tools. It was sent to me in an email no idea who wrote it, now back on patrol forum police!

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... highlight=

the shadow
Club Player

Thanks BringBackMadDog. I'm the one who wrote it and take no offence. I'm glad it's getting a second run! Flattering to think someone thinks it's good enough to email! If only it would come true!

Run like Ditterich, arms flailing, cause fear in the enemy, make fellow saints walk tall!
Batnoe

Quite good

but if Corey the **** is president of our country we have some major problems

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Batnoe wrote:Quite good

How funny, I actually see quite a few problems 8-)

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Batnoe

the others involve saints tho so it is all good, except no premierships until then

Harvey will still be playing and Rix will drop something

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Batnoe wrote:Quite good

Vice President i believe

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
Huzzad
Club Player

Funniest thing I have read in a while! Thanks alot for posting it. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
the shadow
Club Player

By the way, thanks Saint Rising for defending our right to have our material acknowledged. As a writer I really appreciate the fact that someone keeps an eye on the plagiarism issue. While the piece is hardly Pulitzer winning material, I respect your willingness to defend the standards. It was also a pleasant surprise given previous exchanges.

Run like Ditterich, arms flailing, cause fear in the enemy, make fellow saints walk tall!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Pure gold!! (Worth the long read)

the shadow wrote:By the way, thanks Saint Rising for defending our right to have our material acknowledged. As a writer I really appreciate the fact that someone keeps an eye on the plagiarism issue. While the piece is hardly Pulitzer winning material, I respect your willingness to defend the standards. It was also a pleasant surprise given previous exchanges.
No problems.

Also with posts...I might argue strongly my points in one string....but I try and not carry it over to another string.

I may agree with a poster in one string...but might argue againts their point in the next.

I even agree with RogerFox on occasion :wink:

the shadow
Club Player

BTW SR the offer of the beer in the Victory room still stands. Love passionate sainters, even if I don't agree with them!