HoF Tribute Match Cameras

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Darren
Club Player

HoF Tribute Match Cameras

Apparently umpires are going to wear a vest with a High-Definition camera on it for us to experience it what it is like to be an umpire. Other cameras include goal square/posts, Interchange bench, Field and Goal umpires, and 2 Runners.

Shall be interesting to watch, hope this isn't a failure like Skycam.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 42,00.html

esaint66
SS Life Member

Re: HoF Tribute Match Cameras

Darren wrote:Apparently umpires are going to wear a vest with a High-Definition camera on it for us to experience it what it is like to be an umpire. Other cameras include goal square/posts, Interchange bench, Field and Goal umpires, and 2 Runners.

Shall be interesting to watch, hope this isn't a failure like Skycam.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 42,00.html

Sounds fairly good, but then again you have to think if they are spending their time on shots like these then how much time will actually be spent on the normal shots they have ? :?

And yes i think the skycam was the worst invention ever made for any sport. Gets hit in baseball occasionaly and the view from it at the dome was S**T.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

BIG BROTHER AFL EDITION IS WATCHING

:shock:

esaint66
SS Life Member

The Saintsational Man wrote:BIG BROTHER AFL EDITION IS WATCHING

:shock:

Yes and like big brother there will be things that we dont need to see/hear. That old saying of 'what happens on the field, stays on the field' is all but gone now. The media has stuck their nose into the game to much for what they think is for the benefit of the viewers but really it has the opposite effect.

This will create problems. If its a problem picking something up on a an ump's mike then think about how bad it will be when its on camera as well.

There is no where to hide and i was hoping for a state of origin biffo but that idea has flown out the window. :x :(

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Darren wrote:Apparently umpires are going to wear a vest with a High-Definition camera on it for us to experience it what it is like to be an umpire. Other cameras include goal square/posts, Interchange bench, Field and Goal umpires, and 2 Runners.
So they're going to be Ironman now?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

why the f**k do i want to see the game being played at chest/ground level from an umpire cam?

about as stoopid as the view that either 7 or 10 do (cant remember) where the camera is so close up to the player with the ball u cant even see where he is going to dispose of it.
one thing i miss about fox......the view where u can change it to have the wide angle shot so u can see the plays unfolding down the field.

wont be long and the players will have cameras in their boots so we can see the kick for goal.
or maybe a camera actually in the footy..imagine that view as the ball goes spinning thru the big sticks!.

Prodgers
Club Player

saint edward wrote: And yes i think the skycam was the worst invention ever made for any sport. Gets hit in baseball occasionaly and the view from it at the dome was S**T.
I think it works very well in motor racing above pit lane and in the Bathurst coverage last year on the run down the hill where normal cameras cannot get access - but agree it is rubbish for football.

esaint66
SS Life Member

Prodgers wrote:
saint edward wrote: And yes i think the skycam was the worst invention ever made for any sport. Gets hit in baseball occasionaly and the view from it at the dome was S**T.
I think it works very well in motor racing above pit lane and in the Bathurst coverage last year on the run down the hill where normal cameras cannot get access - but agree it is rubbish for football.

Oh really well its finally found a use :D Not that i watch car racing

battye
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:or maybe a camera actually in the footy..imagine that view as the ball goes spinning thru the big sticks!.
Now that would be interesting!

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
esaint66
SS Life Member

battye wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:or maybe a camera actually in the footy..imagine that view as the ball goes spinning thru the big sticks!.

Interesting - yes
Practical - no

They would be forever holding up the game to change ball with a cracked lense in the thing.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

saint edward wrote:
battye wrote:

Interesting - yes
Practical - no

They would be forever holding up the game to change ball with a cracked lense in the thing.
it was a joke with a hint of sarcasm 8-)

Saints43
Club Player

They should have a light show.

esaint66
SS Life Member

matrixcutter wrote:
saint edward wrote:
battye wrote:

Interesting - yes
Practical - no

it was a joke with a hint of sarcasm 8-)

Yes i know but then again something this stupid the AFLwould take very seriously. :roll: