Club Physio - Roo out for 7

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ratismeat
Club Player

Club Physio - Roo out for 7

Club physio on SEN just said Roo would probably be out for seven weeks, but definitely less than ten.

Goose - done everything right in his recovery, injury related to something inherent in his body maybe nerve input proble where he's not feeling the loads put on his foot.

King - back for Collingwood, 'no doubt about that'

X and Max - 1 or 2 weeks after that.
Last edited by ratismeat on Tue 06 May 2008 2:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I think he was joking after the weed said the saints had said up to 10 weeks. As usual 4 eyes doesnt read the paper.

ratismeat
Club Player

not sure he was joking, the 10 weeks was a joke, but then he reduced it to 7 as an upper bound for how long the club would need to get him back. I'd probably take that as around about the figure.

danners
Club Player

honestly, id rather they keep him out for 7 rather than 5.

unless he is 110% after 5 weeks then why rush

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

is there something wrong with his football boots?

I know some players have an investment in custom made boots?

:(

aside from the minority I think the majority would love to see the big goose back :(

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

and1showtime_23@msn.com wrote:honestly, id rather they keep him out for 7 rather than 5.

unless he is 110% after 5 weeks then why rush
So if he fit give him more weeks off. He only has to be 100% fit by the way and I would doubt any player is 100% at this time of year. I have never understood the logic to giving them more time off than needed and luckily our doctors dont understand it either.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:is there something wrong with his football boots?

aside from the minority I think the majority would love to see the big goose back :(
I think the vast majority would wish him well in recovery anyway....

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

well if he is out for that long we are in a it of strife

i guess its time for kosi to really stand up with the ruck duo back and have a 60+ goal season and win a few for us...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

ratismeat wrote:not sure he was joking, the 10 weeks was a joke, but then he reduced it to 7 as an upper bound for how long the club would need to get him back. I'd probably take that as around about the figure.
Upper bound?

I did not hear the interview...but if there is an upper bound...there is also I assume a lower bound???

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Club Physio - Roo out for 7

ratismeat wrote:

Excellent news...

Though RL may give him a nudge when he gets back to club as I think Ross likes to play ducks and drakes about exactly when players will be back...and does not like confirming in advance.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Tue 06 May 2008 3:19pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Club Physio - Roo out for 7

saintsRrising wrote:
ratismeat wrote:

Excellent knews...

Though RL may give him a nudge when he gets back to club as I think Ross likes to play ducks and drakes about exactly when players will be back...and does not like confirming in advance.
It could be a'reverse ploy' - make Collingwood think he is playing when he is not going to? :)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

We have been pretty honest with our injuries so I think it would be true.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:We have been pretty honest with our injuries so I think it would be true.
Yes..

It is more that what is not said.....rather than anything which has been said as not being accurate.

ie Last week with Max...injured on Thursday...but not ommitted till Saturday night????

Which is why the 7 for Roo is a concern....though again if it was an upper bound it coild be 3 -7 depending on how it settles....???
Last edited by saintsRrising on Tue 06 May 2008 3:23pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:We have been pretty honest with our injuries so I think it would be true.
yes that is true

its great to see the club be so open and honest with the media...as precedent has been set by the lord god of the media terry wallace...and his success has come in spades...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Yes..

It is more that what is not said.....rather than anything which has been said as not being accurate.

ie Last week with Max...injured on Thursday...but not ommitted till Saturday night????

Which is why the 7 for Roo is a concern....though again if it was an upper bound it coild be 3 -7 depending on how it settles....???
As I said earlier it was a joke what our guy said on radion IMO. I really do believe it will be 3-4 games though not weeks.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
As I said earlier it was a joke what our guy said on radion IMO. I really do believe it will be 3-4 games though not weeks.
Well that is great news then.

However Plugger your posts are a bit like the boy that cried wolf.

We never know when you are serious vs just being sarcastic.

I hope the physio was joking on Roo...but serious on King then. :wink:

Saintschampions08
Club Player

Dan Warna wrote:is there something wrong with his football boots?

Yup.

Don't care how bad he plays after the horrific injuries he's had, deserves more slack then anyone else in the team.

ratismeat
Club Player

I agree that the 10 weeks was said in a joke, but our guy definitely said 7 in a different tone, seeing as the Saints website says 8 as well it seems a bit hopeful to say 3-4. Where is that figure coming from? Not to say I don't pray youre right plugger.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Yes..

maybe he was injured thursday but waited till saturday to see if it settles down.

we as supporters should not know up to the minute of what happens.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ratismeat wrote:I agree that the 10 weeks was said in a joke, but our guy definitely said 7 in a different tone, seeing as the Saints website says 8 as well it seems a bit hopeful to say 3-4. Where is that figure coming from? Not to say I don't pray youre right plugger.
Is that right. I was going by yesterday when it was down as 3- 4 weeks. When did that change. Does anyone know or are they at it again. Yesterday 3-4 today 8. please explain.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:well if he is out for that long we are in a it of strife

i guess its time for kosi to really stand up with the ruck duo back and have a 60+ goal season and win a few for us...
well overdue for Koschitzke to deliver on his promise. GOP at the mo, nothing more.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
ratismeat wrote:I agree that the 10 weeks was said in a joke, but our guy definitely said 7 in a different tone, seeing as the Saints website says 8 as well it seems a bit hopeful to say 3-4. Where is that figure coming from? Not to say I don't pray youre right plugger.
Is that right. I was going by yesterday when it was down as 3- 4 weeks. When did that change. Does anyone know or are they at it again. Yesterday 3-4 today 8. please explain.
I think that since it's an impact injury to the ligaments they are a little harder to guess, it's comes down to how the knee responds to it, how much swelling there is etc.

would not be suprised they put it as between 3-7 weeks. You then be conservative as say 7. As I have mentioned before, alot of it is guess and see. Not everyone's body responds to rehab in the same way or get better in certain time periods.

Hamstrings are a little easier because they can grade the tear easier. But that also is between 2-4 weeks depending on history and body make up.

Just curious, which knee took the knock? Was it the same one that he had tendonitis in?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I think that since it's an impact injury to the ligaments they are a little harder to guess, it's comes down to how the knee responds to it, how much swelling there is etc.

would not be suprised they put it as between 3-7 weeks. You then be conservative as say 7. As I have mentioned before, alot of it is guess and see. Not everyone's body responds to rehab in the same way or get better in certain time periods.

Hamstrings are a little easier because they can grade the tear easier. But that also is between 2-4 weeks depending on history and body make up.

Just curious, which knee took the knock? Was it the same one that he had tendonitis in?
Pretty sure it was the other knee.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

It was his left knee and he had strapping on his right knee during the game (and all season) so I would assume his right knee is the one suffering tendonitis?

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Pretty sure it was the other knee.
cheers, should make it a little easier to rehab then

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith