Will Didak be available to play us ?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

RoseInOz
Club Player

Will Didak be available to play us ?

Magpie Didak in bar dispute

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 22,00.html

Shortened version.....
"MAGPIE Alan Didak was among a group of AFL players booted out of a Chapel St nightspot at the weekend.

Didak, banned by contract from attending nightclubs since Melbourne's CBD shootings, hit the Prahran party strip on Saturday night.

Didak, 25, is on a tight leash with the club after his wild ride with accused murderer Christopher Wayne Hudson."

Seems like he will
"Rather than suspend him, the Magpies imposed a strict set of contract clauses including a 1am curfew, no alcohol, and no nightclubs.

Club spokesman Nick Hulett confirmed yesterday Didak had been at a Chapel St venue, but said there were no plans to reprimand him."

Most people achieved their greatest success one step beyond what looked like their greatest failure.
Our time is now! Please let it be 2012!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Is that the same Alan Didak who was out drinking at "The Hawthorn" the week before (well after 1.00am)? !!

Richter
SS Life Member

Good grief. What a beat up. He was out drinking at a bar. BIG DEAL. Seriously - he was stupid to be involved with the other dude but this is a nonsense.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
yipper
SS Life Member

Richter wrote:Good grief. What a beat up. He was out drinking at a bar. BIG DEAL. Seriously - he was stupid to be involved with the other dude but this is a nonsense.
err.. he's supposed to be 1. off the grog and 2. not allowed to go to nightclubs!! So, not quite a beat up there!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

But neither time at a 'nightclub'.

His punishment is very specific - no 'nightclubs'.
He is alloweede to be out at Bars, Restaurants, Hotels, Buck's Parties, Bikie HQs, Shooting Galleries, or anywhere else as long as it's not a 'nightclub'.

Collingwood have already stated that he has nothing to answer for becuase he was out at a 'Bar/Restaurant and not a 'nightclub'.

Richter
SS Life Member

yipper wrote:
Richter wrote:Good grief. What a beat up. He was out drinking at a bar. BIG DEAL. Seriously - he was stupid to be involved with the other dude but this is a nonsense.
err.. he's supposed to be 1. off the grog and 2. not allowed to go to nightclubs!! So, not quite a beat up there!!
1. Window dressing. Why should a 20-odd yr old bloke deny himself the reasonable pleasures any other bloke his age would have. Made a poor decision hanging around with the shooter, should he really be denied the opportunity to unwind in a bar with some mates. Think not.

2. His business, can imagine what sort of a slimy do-gooding sob would call up his employer/radio station to dob him in.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Solar
Saintsational Legend

remember that the reason he was put onto this regime in the first place was because he was caught riding the car when someone was shot at by the guy who went on to shoot people in the city.

Seems like they are making it up as they go along. Don't worry, as malthouse has admitted, they have rules for some and different ones for others.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
yipper wrote:
1. Window dressing. Why should a 20-odd yr old bloke deny himself the reasonable pleasures any other bloke his age would have. Made a poor decision hanging around with the shooter, should he really be denied the opportunity to unwind in a bar with some mates. Think not.

2. His business, can imagine what sort of a slimy do-gooding sob would call up his employer/radio station to dob him in.
He wants to earn teh big bucks (300-500k?) then he has to do what his employer wants him to do.

If they have made him sign a 'contract' saying he won't drink alsohol etc. etc. then it's up to him to perform his part of the 'contract'. No-one 'held a gun to his head' to sign it - he chose to sign it of his own free will.

So I suppose it's BS for Fev as well because he's also not supposed to be drinking alcohol?

St.Kenny
Club Player

The real issue here in my view is the fact that there is one rule for Didak at Collingwood and one for other members of the club. Lets face it if it was some first year 'pimply' hack breaking these rules he'd be out on his backside. Seems to underline to me the lack of an equitable discipline system at the club. Apparently this was going to change when TArrant was shown the door. Clearly it has not. The MAgpies still have their untouchables. This could be part of the reason for the lack of cohesion and discipline both on and off field............do you think I care by the way.

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

The Melbourne Bubble = glass house.

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Hooray some perspective.....when u post a thread about an issue surrounding a player u might want to learn the whole story first. The manager of the venue had not one bad word to say about him and that was taken from 2 or 3 direct quotes.

However, what happened earlier with the other dude was abysmal to say the least.