Grant Thomas' Legal Action !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Grant Thomas' Legal Action !!

I heard on Saturday Night that the case GT had against the club had been settled/withdrawn prior to going to court.

I cannot vouch for the credibility of my source, but thats what I was told !!

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Re: Grant Thomas' Legal Action !!

Eastern wrote:I heard on Saturday Night that the case GT had against the club had been settled/withdrawn prior to going to court.

Could be big difference between possible settlement or being withdrawn..??

which??

saint4life
markp
Saintsational Legend

Surely any financial settlement would have to be listed in the end of year report?

saintly
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Surely any financial settlement would have to be listed in the end of year report?
until oct 31 2007 there was no finiancial settlement!

maybe in the past month?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Maybe that is why GT felt ok in passing judgement/making a comment on the Saints gameplan last week?

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

markp wrote:Surely any financial settlement would have to be listed in the end of year report?
I believe our auditors made us "provide" for a possible payout to GT in the financial statements for the YE 31/10. I can't recall what the figure was though. $280K?

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

They announced a 'provision' in the 2007 accounts which means that if they have settled/paid out for any less than the provision they will actually show a 'profit' on the transaction in teh 2008 accounts.

Some might call it 'creative' accounting by teh new Board, others might call it 'prudent' accounting.

What cannot be disputed is that the 'provision' decreased the profit from 2007 accoiunts.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I heard on Saturday Night that the case GT had against the club had been settled/withdrawn prior to going to court.

Your source on this matter is highly credible, but I just told you what I was told and I cannot vouch for the credibility of my source who told me what he was told, but could not vouch for the credibility of his source who was told by his source whom he could not vouch credibility for.

I hope it hasn't been settled, I was looking forward to my day in court :lol:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

Your source on this matter is highly credible, but I just told you what I was told and I cannot vouch for the credibility of my source who told me what he was told, but could not vouch for the credibility of his source who was told by his source whom he could not vouch credibility for.

I hope it hasn't been settled, I was looking forward to my day in court :lol:
You are one tough man.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
until oct 31 2007 there was no finiancial settlement!

maybe in the past month?[/quote]

Maybe even the past week !!

Saints43
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:I hope it hasn't been settled, I was looking forward to my day in court :lol:
Because it's the only environment that you would be able to exist in with him.

He has sorted you out in every interaction.

You want to have a listen back to your second call to SEN. It's not good listening for you.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

Your source on this matter is highly credible :roll: :?: :roll: ,
Differing opinions can only serve to make the world a better place :roll: :wink: !!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:I hope it hasn't been settled, I was looking forward to my day in court :lol:
Because it's the only environment that you would be able to exist in with him.

He has sorted you out in every interaction.

You want to have a listen back to your second call to SEN. It's not good listening for you.
Your one of the biggest GT doll worshipping flogs on here, what happened was GT blatantly lied which he has a habit of doing, and the more questions that Hudson and Brereton followed up with the more backtracking Thomas did and the more uncomfortable he got, it was laughable.

Your so dumbed down I don't expect you to get it as you wouldn't get the drum even if ya had a brass band up ya, FAIR DINKUM

Dank25
Club Player

Grant Thomas' legal action

Hey Barks!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We'll be looking out for you on Nine news outside the courtroom :wink:
(PLEASE dont be offended its only a leg-pull :wink: )

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Your one of the biggest GT doll worshipping flogs on here,

Your so dumbed down I don't expect you to get it as you wouldn't get the drum even if ya had a brass band up ya, FAIR DINKUM
Hey Mods !!

Is b4e entitled to any holiday pay if/when he is banned for this :?: :roll: :wink: !!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I love GT :D

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:I love GT :D
not as much as your fishing buddy on your regular trips to the mountain though

here's a tip, so the other third is none the wiser............pack the rods

and to clarify, I do mean, the fishing rods :wink:

markp
Saintsational Legend

Selhurst Saint wrote:
I believe our auditors made us "provide" for a possible payout to GT in the financial statements for the YE 31/10. I can't recall what the figure was though. $280K?
I do remember that, just hope that if this story is true there is a way to work out what the final figure was.... it's our money (or it was).

St.Kenny
Club Player

I would love to compare what Barks nobody has ever done for the St.Kilda FC compared to GT. Get ya hand off it ya 'stalker.'
That injunction stopping you stalking Nicole Kidaman doesnt mean you had to fing a new victim of your 'obsessive homeoerotic' tendencies.

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
asiu

We'll be looking out for you on Nine news outside the courtroom

with his ruck stats ...but it'll be the 'wrong' courtroom if barks is true to form

:)

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:
We'll be looking out for you on Nine news outside the courtroom

with his ruck stats ...but it'll be the 'wrong' courtroom if barks is true to form

:)
settle 8-)

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

St.Kenny wrote:I would love to compare what Barks nobody has ever done for the St.Kilda FC compared to GT. Get ya hand off it ya 'stalker.'
That injunction stopping you stalking Nicole Kidaman doesnt mean you had to fing a new victim of your 'obsessive homeoerotic' tendencies.
I am pretty sure B4E didn't take $2.5 million out of the coffers of the STKFC like on Grant Thomas.

Then came back for more :roll:

Thomas caught put ying on SEN again today. Claimed that he never commented on St.Kilda and then Mark Doran came out with the fact that Doran fronted Thomas with evidence he had been pottig the Saints and now Thomas wont go on his show or even talk to Doran :roll: :roll:

Doran knows what the STKFC has on Thomas. 8-) 8-)

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
St.Kenny wrote:I would love to compare what Barks nobody has ever done for the St.Kilda FC compared to GT. Get ya hand off it ya 'stalker.'
I am pretty sure B4E didn't take $2.5 million out of the coffers of the STKFC like on Grant Thomas.

Then came back for more :roll:

Thomas caught put ying on SEN again today. Claimed that he never commented on St.Kilda and then Mark Doran came out with the fact that Doran fronted Thomas with evidence he had been pottig the Saints and now Thomas wont go on his show or even talk to Doran :roll: :roll:

Doran knows what the STKFC has on Thomas. 8-) 8-)
That's what he said last year on that infamous 'RB day'. At the time Doran stated he had been told by a source at teh Club what the issue was and he had invited GT to come on teh Show and answer the allegations. He then said that GT had chosen not to come on his show and instead go on 'The Run Home' with Ox and Francis.
I don't believe that GT has been on Doran's show since then?

mischa
Club Player

Well said. Go GT! All of this proves how much the media and (sadly) a lot of the supporters had it in for GT from day one. I think he deserves his salary from 2007 (that he was contracted for and that actually Stan Alves/Tim Watson etc received). I would be horrified if anyone of my friends or family treated any coach of this football club the way GT has been treated.

P.S. I hope Butterrss/Walls/Wilson/ and the digbats who say "Time to get behind the club as one" when they NEVER DID when GT was there get there come uppance-sooner rather than later. Doran= AFL MAFIA MEDIA APOLOGISTS

"Thanks korters. If Richmond kick more goals they'll win"-R.Scumbag (nee Walls)

The All Spin Zone-Saintsational.com
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

mischa wrote:
Well said. Go GT! All of this proves how much the media and (sadly) a lot of the supporters had it in for GT from day one. I think he deserves his salary from 2007 (that he was contracted for and that actually Stan Alves/Tim Watson etc received). I would be horrified if anyone of my friends or family treated any coach of this football club the way GT has been treated.

P.S. I hope Butterrss/Walls/Wilson/ and the digbats who say "Time to get behind the club as one" when they NEVER DID when GT was there get there come uppance-sooner rather than later. Doran= AFL MAFIA MEDIA APOLOGISTS
Well why don't you just send him a cheque for his 2007 salary then?

Well Barks has certainly achieved what he set out to do. Mischa quoting St Kenny - 'a meeting of the minds'.

You know Mischa, not even GT's staunchest supporters on here think the CLub should pay him his $500,000 salary for 2007, whether he was wrongly sacked or not.

One thing I will give you though - your posts are ceratinly consistent.