Riewldt - very interesting..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Riewldt - very interesting..

WE ARE INSTRUCTED TO GO OUT AND PLAY AN ATTACKING STYLE OF GAME WHICH WE ARE NOR EXECUTING"

Not sure what more can definitively be said unless weve got some on line St Kilda leadership members here to tell us they know differently?

“Yeah….nah””
chook23
Saintsational Legend

noted thst Tef with pricked ears

have stated it has been the players ability to sustain being the problem

ie bulldogs...cats game (start)........

fitness/ability/mind set/execution of skills when opp. up the anty etc
leg speed comes into the sustaining it as well etc.

saint4life
Saint Mik
Club Player

How about our players MUST be dumb as dog shyte if they are instructed to attack and they dish up shyte like last weekend.
Its no wonder Maxy went off his head perhaps he is one player that can see what is happening and is not afraid to tell it how it is.
Our players had better swithc on pretty fast or else it will be the tigers next to show us our inability to carry out instructions.
We are in all sorts of shyte if our players are not responding to the coaching staff and the game plan.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
Ice Wolf
Club Player

Yep he said that they were playing it in spurts and thats what weve seen i.e during the bulldogs and cats games if they had kept it up for even 3/4 of the game we would have walked away with wins. For some reason they (the players) screw it up. Maybe they need to get someone in there to talk to the playing group and work out what their problem is as they seem to have trouble at least mentally.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

well what else is he gonna say?

is it just a coincidence that we were the lowest scoring team last year?

is it just a coincidence that we are about the 4th lowest scoring team this year?

i thought the sound clip of what GT said made the most sense out of that whole interview

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Yes a few have have said the same thing...but the Lynch Lyon Mob are insistant that the GamePlan as they define it is the reason for our ills.

As I posted a little while back.....

When the Saints have had great quarters and have looked sharp and positive....they say we are not following the gameplan

Whereas when they have been error prone and hesitant.....they are following the gameplan.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Saint Mik
Club Player

GT wouldnt no shyte anymore in regards to the St Kilda football club

Just another GT monday spray to get the headlines come Monday night

How would GT know what RL wants the club to do in regards to the game plan absolutley stuff all.

Cluthcing at straws once again GT

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Yes a few have have said the same thing...but the Lynch Lyon Mob are insistant that the GamePlan as they define it is the reason for our ills.

When the Saints have had great quarters and have looked sharp and positive....they say we are not following the gameplan

Whereas when they have been error prone and hesitant.....they are following the gameplan.
u have to look beyond the skills, and see what we, and Ross, are trying to do

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:well what else is he gonna say?

is it just a coincidence that we are about the 4th lowest scoring team this year?

i
Ok...have it your way...RL's gameplan is an ultra defensive chipping one.

The Captain of the club has just come out and said that our game plan is an attacking one.

So if you are right I guess the s*** will hit the fan tomorrow when RL confronts the Captain for mistating what our gameplan is?????????????????? :roll:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

i thought the sound clip of what GT said made the most sense out of that whole interview
We're all frustrated Dud but youve clearly got some evidence that Nick made up what he said and as a member of the clubs leadership team thats what youd expect right...?...Lets have it then...

OR

Maybe JUST MAYBE for the first time in Saints history we look a little deeper (especially in a coaches 2nd year..)

And now explain how as we "the new Sydney" came out and banged on 7 or 8 against the "super quick" Bulldogs? OR had 11 scoring shots in Qtr 1 against Geelong...(while were flooding at the same time...right? :roll: ).

I'm as frustrated and sick of watching us stuff up great opportunities as much as the next...but to me it looks patently clear we are currently playing 1 or 2 qtrs a game and then mentally going elsewhere. Thats also the coaches job and to me what Lyon should be focussing on. Everything else Ive read on here has a fair amount of paranoi/hysteria about it...

“Yeah….nah””
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:Yes a few have have said the same thing...but the Lynch Lyon Mob are insistant that the GamePlan as they define it is the reason for our ills.

So Dud, Roo is telling lies?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:

Gameplan is sound.

Workrate, appplication , confidence and footskills are not.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

could be construed.........have the skills to carry out any type of gameplan
let alone an Essendon type......all attack...really works well!!!
Heard the whole interview with GT.....

basically mentioned poor skills....in relation to carying out a gameplan

mentioned a couple ie may hold back flare intstinct etc....

I Have seen that with many talented kids with no defense to their game in juniors..............just freewheel................

that is part of Dals problem....................did what he liked in juniors

Its the balance of attack and defense..........and having the skills and durability to carry it out.
Last edited by chook23 on Tue 29 Apr 2008 12:48am, edited 1 time in total.

saint4life
ratismeat
Club Player

Thought that was interesting as well. Its been said by so many people associated with the club that I think we have to accept that the gameplan ala Lyon is NOT a Swans rip-off. Start asking new questions - like why we seem unable to play attacking footy.

Or do as dud does -
roo = lier
ross = the devil :roll: :roll:

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I thought riewoldt handled himself well and defended the coach as you would expect him to.

if the rest of the players had roo's work ethic and sense of responsibility we'd be much better placed.

i was impressed with him tonight, particularly with the way he was able to brush off some of the touchy questions with direct and honest responses.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

so its just a coincidence that we were the lowest scoring team last year (and close this year) and we have a coach who comes from a club made famous by its defensive style?

on the level of "most attacking" to "least attacking" gameplans in the AFL, i know which end we are up....

whether the gameplan is "attacking" or "defensive", its clearly NOT WORKING for us, so why are we persisting with it? it hasn't worked for a year and 6 rounds

can u explain to me the logic behind letting Roo get double and triple teamed for most of Saturday night? it can be solved in a mater of seconds, so why doesn't Ross do something? icould have told u before the game started that that was gonna happen, cos it always happens!

no matter how u class the gameplan, its crap, it aint working, and it needs changing

and lastly, no player in the entire AFL says what the really, they ALL tow the company line (except for Aker, and we all saw how long he lasted after critisising the coach) so i never take much notice of what they say on some subjects

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:can u explain to me the logic behind letting Roo get double and triple teamed for most of Saturday night? it can be solved in a mater of seconds, so why doesn't Ross do something? icould have told u before the game started that that was gonna happen, cos it always happens!
don't get me started.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:So Dud, Roo is telling lies?
to put it simply, yes

but every player does it, in every interview, to some extent

you'd be naive to think not

chook23
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:so its just a coincidence that we were the lowest scoring team last year (and close this year) and we have a coach who comes from a club made famous by its defensive style?

on the level of "most attacking" to "least attacking" gameplans in the AFL, i know which end we are up....

whether the gameplan is "attacking" or "defensive", its clearly NOT WORKING for us, so why are we persisting with it? it hasn't worked for a year and 6 rounds

can u explain to me the logic behind letting Roo get double and triple teamed for most of Saturday night? it can be solved in a mater of seconds, so why doesn't Ross do something? icould have told u before the game started that that was gonna happen, cos it always happens!

no matter how u class the gameplan, its crap, it aint working, and it needs changing?

and lastly, no player in the entire AFL says what the really, they ALL tow the company line (except for Aker, and we all saw how long he lasted after critisising the coach) so i never take much notice of what they say on some subjects

not sure attacking/defensive etc....do you really know

YOU JUST say its not working.............mabe the players are not working.

OR is it just an easy blame.........

THE PLAYERS are not as goodd as some think...

poor skills
poor decisions
lacking in leg speed
etc etc.....

that upsets ANY GAMEPLAN

saint4life
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:
The_Dud wrote:can u explain to me the logic behind letting Roo get double and triple teamed for most of Saturday night? it can be solved in a mater of seconds, so why doesn't Ross do something? icould have told u before the game started that that was gonna happen, cos it always happens!
don't get me started.[/quote

:D :lol: :lol:

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Winmarvellous
Club Player

I think it's just that our players are actually pretty crap in the skills department that brings us undone. Goddard and Harvey (and Dal when he gets it) are the only blokes I don't cringe about going forward and delivering into our forward line. Gram should be banned from approaching the 50m arc until he can kick a ball straight, as should Blake. Maxxy knows his capabilities, and plays within them most of the time. Others could learn to do the same.

Saint Mik
Club Player

Dud the first half last weekend is not the coaches fault its the players IMO.

It doesnt matter how you look at it the penny must drop onto the players after that performance.

Do you think RL would be happy with what we dished out last weekend?

We attack and then go missing it has happened time and time again it is no wonder we are at the end of the scale when it comes to scores.

Most of the time we only play 2.5 qrts of football the way RL wants them to going on what ROO said

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

ratismeat wrote:Thought that was interesting as well. Its been said by so many people associated with the club that I think we have to accept that the gameplan ala Lyon is NOT a Swans rip-off. Start asking new questions - like why we seem unable to play attacking footy.

Or do as dud does -
roo = lier
ross = the devil :roll: :roll:
I agree.

Lets ask some new questions. What I want to know is:

1. WHY cant we play that style we showed in bursts against Dogs, Cats, Bombers for longer than 1 or 2 qtrs?

2. Why does our skill levels fluctuate so wildly from week to week? What do we need to do toimprove our goal kicking ability?

3. What are we doing to fix the support/identification of some additional GOAL scoring options outside our "big fwd" -we are just so predictable its not funny.

4. Wht do we bring the football into fwd 50 with little system so often?

5. Whats Nick doing with the hair?

“Yeah….nah””
chook23
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
don't get me started.[/quote

:D :lol: :lol:
if it is that easy (solved in a couple of seconds)

maybe dumb decisions by players.......

but the game plan is kick it to roo under any circumstance..........yeah right!!

saint4life
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:and lastly, no player in the entire AFL says what the really, they ALL tow the company line (except for Aker, and we all saw how long he lasted after critisising the coach) so i never take much notice of what they say on some subjects
So if every player comes out and tells you that the 'gameplan' is an attacking one, you are going to disbelieve them all.
They will all be lying becuae you know better?
Just wanted to be sure I'm not mistaken on your position?

Our Club Captain just went on national TV and said what you (and many others on here) have been saying about our 'gameplan' is inaccurate and your response is, you know you're correct and no player will tell you what is really going on?

That would make Roo's comments part of the conspiracy by all involved at the Club?

Forget about sacking the Coach, We should sack everyone at the Club from the President on down because they are obviously all part of this conspiracy and we members are entitled to have our wishes adhered to.

I've read some hysterical nonsense in the past couple of days on here but this one just about takes the cake.

Dud, you're posts are normally much better than this. Please just sit back and think about what you have posted.

You have just intimated that our Captain is a liar and that all players will lie rather than tell us the truth.