Whats your decision?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Whats your decision?

I wont say umpires cost us but four decisions really didnt help.

Lenny Hayes getting caught high 25 metres out from Ports goal umpire said he duct when clearly he was head down picking up the ball. Throw up resulted in a Port goal.

Birss taking a mark and Cornes arriving late no 50 metere awarded would of been certain goal.

Harves getting taken high Birss picks the ball up kicks a goal no advantage given.

The 8 meter pass at best to Treadrea when he kicked a goal.

Cant remember the player who was tackled over the boundry only to be pinned for holding it.

Any thoughts?

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Rix4eva
Club Player

Actually thought both the free kick to X and the 50 metre penalty were as soft as

the free kick to Riewoldt in the goalsquare was a charity

and I think we were gifted another goal from another soft decision

all in all I think we did ok out of the umpires, probably kept us in the game

gifted us a few goals when our players looked like they'd have trouble scoring in a brothel

umpires had nothing to do with it

wanna clue, look at the VFL standard players that made up nearly half of our team

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

what can you do?

they aren't going to give us the 4 points back, that only happens when the points go against us.

had we played like we did against WCE 10 months ago, we'd have drilled port by 50 plus points.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah its over now, we lost and played like a bunch of girls throwing around a box of cookies playing keepsy offs.

but yeah, some of the decisions (both ways) were shocking on sat night.
no consistency from week to week

ratismeat
Club Player

Umpires were third best on our side after Lenny and Max, tried their best but just couldn't do enough to secure us a win. Dropped for next week, bring CJ in.

my les foote
Club Player

I've only seen the first quarter but Milne was pinged for 50m when he dragged his opponent to the ground after a mark.

Two minutes later, exactly the same thing done to Milne when he marked 52m out, no penalty. Should have been a gimme goal, instead Milne played on and was lucky to get a kick away in the end.

Win it for HIM!
your momma
Club Player

the umpire was playing it fair...in the 1st half

gradually something starts to really annoy me which is when the umpire gets too much feedback from the Port supporters who whinged about every flippin decision against them, then the ump starts to have the habbit of going by the crowd. there were a few obvious frees we didnt recieve later in the game i admit.

i hate playin at AAMI.
thank God where finally playing Port at the dome later this year for the 1st time in, 5 years i think?

"Im never satisfied...its a curse"
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

the problem is the umpires themself have no clue whats going on every time a player gets tackled from behind he dives forward hence getting a 50 50 chance of either getting pinged for holding the ball or a free for in the back ... watch the players when the whistle is blown they have no idea whos going to get the free im sure the umps dont even know who really deserves it they just guess

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/