Tagging

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

S.A Saint
Club Player

Tagging

i have been keeping an eye out for this for the past few weeks. i noticed when the game is in the balance and there to be won, the best players usually go into the centre square to get the clearances and break away from the pack to set up attacking plays.

what we tend to do is just have one good player in there and have two players who are actually tagging someone in there. for example last night when chad went in to contest the centre bounce chips follwed him in there. i mean there is no point chips going in there after chad because he will never win u a clearance, just follow his man. and as we see in crucial times when are being beaten around stoppage becuase our player are too worried about getting the ball e.g l.fisher, dempster, blake, etc.

this came to mind wen i was watching the cats play Sydney. they were under the pumpin the 3rd quarter. so they put in the centre square ablett Bartel and Corey. these players don't worry about tagging opposition they go in and get the ball out were with us we are so worried about tagging that we don't even try and win the ball.

all im trying to say is that we shouldnt be worried about tagging people just go ind and win the ball. hayes and ball and dal in the centre square would be much better than having fisher baker and dempster that wont try and win the ball just stop their player.

starsign
Club Player

tagging

fair comment!