Boo Hoo - Get over it.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Boo Hoo - Get over it.

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 8:58am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
noddy

good post AOK. The way some on here see it we wouldnt have any players out there giving there all for us. Try being a bit supportive some of you "Brownlow Medalists".

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Sorry,but tonights performance was a joke. If that was ok by you then our future will be rosy....finishing a respectable 10th this season....dishing it up to an ordinary Port!

F... me,if you cop that on the chin tonight then we might as well forfeit to the 'Southport saints' now.

Insipid

noddy

Nobody is happy with a loss d**khead

sainterjo
Club Player

Agree with AOK. I've seen creches (and staff rooms) where there's less whining and fewer tantrums.

They will not grow old, as those from more northern States grow old.
For them it will always be three-quarter-time, with the scores level
and the wind advantage in the final term.
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Just confirming that the sun did come up today in Sydney and a new day began.

We're still 3-3 after 6 rounds with losses against the best two of the three form teams in the comp and one that we seemingly are incapable of beating.

I haven't seen the game so have no idea whether that was the best we could do or whether it was another under-performance.

And good call sainterjo - you're not this Jo are you? :D

Perhaps we could have a "naughty forum" for those who want to pursue random whining and tanty tossing. I enjoy the more critical posts looking at our weaknesses and diminishing strengths but the toothy gnashing/wrist slitting/sky is falling style of a few folk may need its own venue.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

sainterjo wrote:Agree with AOK. I've seen creches (and staff rooms) where there's less whining and fewer tantrums.

The gospel according to Mr T !
Now that's a religion, pass the plate Jo.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
asiu

is 'tanty tossing' like cory slapping ?

if so , can't wait until ss has its own game

who we choose as this weeks tanty tosser (to be tossed ?) should be fun

kj ....yr the flash wizard :)

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:is 'tanty tossing' like cory slapping ?

How about a "sack the coach" game for those that need relieve some pressure ?

Or...
-Drop the Dal
-Banish the Blake
-Find Fiora

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Lennon
Club Player

Re: Boo Hoo - Get over it.

aussierules0k wrote:40 threads heaping crap on my beloved Saints by so called supporters.

6 rounds in and the Saintsational armchair would-be coaches have shot the coach and sacked half the team.

Fact is - we took it up to port, they had a game on their hands and with 15 mins to go, we still had a chance to win. Port, hot off their 1st win, were never going to drop this game, no matter who it was against (Cats excluded). Get over it.

IF the same happens V Richomond - then we might well worry - worry - not freak out.

btw, If you think it's gonna get easier with 18 teams, think again.
Yes, agreed.

It's not so much disappointment that has lead me to keep off this forum after losses sometimes... it's the carry-on of some of the people on here, who start about fifty threads between them all called some variant of "WEAK" or "Pathetic!!" or "We are a bottom eight side!!!11", and post the same garbage over and over in them (I don't mind genuine, good critical assessments of the team, but most of the trash posted after a loss hardly comes under that heading).

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
gazrat wrote:is 'tanty tossing' like cory slapping ?

How about a "sack the coach" game for those that need relieve some pressure ?

Or...
-Drop the Dal
-Banish the Blake
-Find Fiora
Welease Wix

Sobraz
SS Life Member

All good and well to say, 'we're 3-3, things arnt so bad'...

the reality is, we have serious problems with our football side, and if we want to succeed in this competition (which means winning games of football), these problems need to be fixed, now...

Fly the 'my beloved saints, by so-called supporters' all you want, but I want to win a flag, this year, and am sick to death of the crap like last night...

Seems to me like many in this thread are satisfied by a feeble effort that shows alot more about our charater and future than just a score board loss...

Like the saints last night, you are losers also... Happy with mediocrity and second best...

After last nights performance, our team deserves to be torn to shreds in critical review.. They were appaling, and yes, that does include Dal Santo, Blake et al...

Fact is Aok, we did not take it up to port whatsoever... we were weak and pathetic, and had we had any balls, that 15 minutes with a chance to win would have been taken by the horns...

Im glad your all easily pleased by such efforts... Low expectations produces loser teams.... hope the players dont read this thread..

Lennon
Club Player

Sobraz wrote:Seems to me like many in this thread are satisfied by a feeble effort that shows alot more about our charater and future than just a score board loss...

Like the saints last night, you are losers also... Happy with mediocrity and second best...
Where did anyone say we were happy with the loss?

I think it is safe to say we are universally unhappy with it.

That doesn't mean we want to read reactionary crap being posted by some on this forum, such as "sack the coach".
Sobraz wrote:Im glad your all easily pleased by such efforts... Low expectations produces loser teams.... hope the players dont read this thread..
There is no danger of that. And that, right there, is where I think the problem lies with posters like you, Sobraz.

You actually believe that hysterical opinions posted by anonymous clowns on an internet forum has some bearing or influence on the St Kilda FC.

When all it does is annoy the crap out of your fellow forumites.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote: Like the saints last night, you are losers also... Happy with mediocrity and second best...
What a load..

So if you bag the players, bag the coach, kick and scream like a two year old then you're a winner ? You wish!

Beat your chest all you want, it makes zero difference. You want to make a difference ? Go down to the club and volunteer for something. Try answering the phone ! I've never heard those people bagging anyone, they just get up and face it, they contribute!

Bleating supporters have sure made the tigers great!

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Lennon wrote:
Sobraz wrote:Im glad your all easily pleased by such efforts... Low expectations produces loser teams.... hope the players dont read this thread..
There is no danger of that. And that, right there, is where I think the problem lies with posters like you, Sobraz.

You actually believe that hysterical opinions posted by anonymous clowns on an internet forum has some bearing or influence on the St Kilda FC.

When all it does is annoy the crap out of your fellow forumites.
Quite the opposite.. It is feeble, pleased with 'effort' supporters that creates a frustrated response by supporters like myself for being on the same side as people like you...

Last nights performance was alot more than merely the loss of 4 points.. Names need to be named, critical discussion needs to take place to vent our frustrations... Not a softly, softly 'support the boys', loser response..

And for the recond, i am under no illusions about players reading this thread/forum, and your ability to identify sarcasm is about as good as Rix's ability to find the ball.. Lets hope he gets dropped..

asiu

fair dinkum
( i can say that , because barks is on a holiday )

the tears ...lol.... @ Welease Wix

find fiona was good , but welease wix was lose it standard

yr a **** legend cowboy , that was a ripper...were you laughing as you posted or just quietly impressed with yourself ?

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Not pleased at all - just getting more resistant to dropping all 22 players and sacking the coach after a loss. I still want to hang the coach, trade the stars, kick the dog, hit the bottle, burn the grandstands etc. at various stages during a game but after some reflection accept that elite sports have ebbs and flows, highs and lows.

My expectations are high but the reality is that we have a goodish team that is playing medicore football. The reality is not that we have the best 22 footballers in the AFL donning our colours each week. And the 22 we have are playing mediocre football to an uninspiring gameplan. And there's a world of improvement in this team.

Many of the posts on the first page are simply venting and ranting. Much of it is clutching at straws in the hope that a simple fix will address our mediocre standing - it's a obviously how a bunch of us cope with loss. Don't misinterpret the glibness - that's how some of us cope with losing a footy match.

Some of us choose to cope by taking a deep breath and looking forward. :wink:

sainterjo
Club Player

cowboy18 wrote:sainterjo - you're not this Jo are you? :D
Very close cowboy - the resemblance is eerie though, isn't it!

They will not grow old, as those from more northern States grow old.
For them it will always be three-quarter-time, with the scores level
and the wind advantage in the final term.
Lennon
Club Player

Sobraz wrote:
Quite the opposite.. It is feeble, pleased with 'effort' supporters that creates a frustrated response by supporters like myself for being on the same side as people like you...
I am not pleased with that effort, as I have already stated. Neither do I want to have to wade through thread after thread calling for Goose to traded, Dal dropped, etc etc.

Sobraz wrote:Last nights performance was alot more than merely the loss of 4 points.. Names need to be named, critical discussion needs to take place to vent our frustrations... Not a softly, softly 'support the boys', loser response..
I'm all for critical discussion, as I believe I said in my first post in this thread.

But what you might consider critical discussion, others might consider hysterical garbage.
Sobraz wrote:And for the recond, i am under no illusions about players reading this thread/forum, and your ability to identify sarcasm is about as good as Rix's ability to find the ball.. Lets hope he gets dropped..
You'll have to forgive me. I've encountered posters on here who accuse each other of attempting to destabilise the club simply by posting their opinions.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Fact is something is wrong. Hopefully it can be fixed quickly, but I have concerns about team unity, and the Max/Goose incident didn't exactly warm my heart with regards to this.

Just what if the problem is there isn't enough 'love' down at moorabbin?!

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

GReat post cowboy. All the electronic chest beating and calls to arms in the world won't change a thing on the field or alter the result that is already part of history.

Berating others for not doing likewise is even less likely to impact any part of the known universe.

Whilst our inconsistent performance and similarly erratic application and intensity is extraordinarily frustrating, the upside is that we are in the bottom half of the eoght having played about 3 decent quarters of footy so far this season.

I'll take our start so far this season over 2007, and I'll assume that there is a long term plan that is setting us towards September. History shows that teams are rarely "up" all season. Just keep in mind that at the end of the season all things look different with the benefit in hindsight, including who lost to whom, when they lost to them, and who was in form at what stage? And as for the "we should be more like Girlong" brigade, let's see where they are at if they get a couple of key injuries or a couple of key players that start to lose a little form. All gonna look little silly if they crush everyone in sight for the first 15 weeks then fall in a hole at the pointy end of the season.

Many seem to confuse the concept of obvious, with simple. Just because something is obvious, doesn't mean it is simple.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Saints43
Club Player

aussierules0k wrote:Fact is - we took it up to port
Really? We took it up to Port?

Really?

Zippy
Club Player

Saints43 wrote:
aussierules0k wrote:Fact is - we took it up to port
Really? We took it up to Port?

Really?
well, against our bogey team, either the criticism is overblown or we actually lost by 121 points

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I actually agree with the sentiment expressed in this thread that the reaction to last night's game on SS has been over the top.

But what I think we are seeing is a whole lot of emotion that has been bottled up for the best part of 2 years being unleashed.

For that period, we have had an endless pouring forth on this forum of anti-GT bile: most of it based upon microscopic criticisms - with the full benefit of 20/20 hindsight - of recruiting decisions that we can be never be certain were made by GT in any event (unless, unlike me, you subscribe to the school of thought that B4E has heaps on inside knowledge about these things). And which, when you look at them in detail, were mostly pretty reasonable under the circumstances when you look at who was actually recruited with the draft picks we traded, or who was left on the list after we took the likes of Watts, McGough, Gwilt, Sweeney, Raymond, etc.

We have also had endless bagging of almost each and every player and groundless - indeed, delusional - praising of Lyon's alleged coaching abilities.

And now, with a team whose current fitness levels must be turning Grant Thomas green with envy, we are watching the most insipid on-field performance relative to our total talent that we have seen since the 1980s (I believe that our style of football was actually better under Watson, especially when you consider that he had a much poorer bunch of players).

Interestingly, we don't hear much any more from most of the culprits who have dominated this forum for so long with their endless carping, whinging, crying over spilt milk, etc. about the GT era. And when they do show up, they are somewhat chastened (I swear I saw Teflon write "great post" on another thread after a post which described the decision to sack GT in 2006 as a disaster).

Attack me, accuse me of death-riding the team, accuse me of "failing to move on" (the typical cry coming from those who don't seem to be able to get over the decision to trade pick #154 for some dud player in 1066 or whenever).

It doesn't matter what you all say. The former Board made a shocking decision in September 2006 which has sent a great club and a great, and potentially premiership-winning playing list, crashing down the table.

If Lyon is not a total dud, he's a long way from being a first rate coach, and he may never get there. Apart from anything else, he lacks any humility or self-insight: once again, after the loss last night, he fronts up in the media with the "did I tell them not to move the ball forward as quickly as possibly, did I tell them to turn it over so many times". I never wanted the job, it's not my fault, it's not my list, it's not my fault, it's all somebody else's fault, don't blame me, I'm a master tactician, the players are a bunch of goofs, etc., etc.

God knows why the Sainters - a club which had made three successive finals series - decided to give an unknown and unheralded coach and three raw assistants the opportunity to learn on the job. If GT had been sacked for a Leigh Matthews or perhaps even a Dean Laidley, I'm sure posters on here wouldn't be so scathing: even if we hadn't done any better than we had done under Lyon.

It's worse than a damn shame, it's a tragedy for all of us who live and bleed for the club. We're allowed to be upset and angry.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Duggie
Club Player

So, will it be the same this week, all players and staff hanging their heads; soul-searching meetings and a vow to go out fighting against the Tiges? That LP is badly cracked.
Last night was purile; mates battling without support and woeful passing the ball. Port has nothing to crow about either which all equates to one of the worst displays of our great game I have ever seen. :lol:

A Saint Forever!