?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

?

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 9:02am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Great idea AOK!!!!

You arent allowed to tie anything to the front rail of Level 3...weve asked about a MW sign a couple times with no luck

A few years ago we asked if we could put a big "Moorabbin WIng" sign on that concrete wall behind the wheelchair spaces on Level 3 adjacent to Aisle 36. We were told no on the grounds of OH & S. Of course NOW theres a dirty great "telstradome.com.au" sign there!!

Trivia question. WHat was the wording on that massive long banner that used to be hung along the fence at games in the 60s and 70s??

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Re: Front Row Fans Wanted : To Fly Flags and Flog Floggers.

aussierules0k wrote:
Also, if you hang it out during the game "they" will come and tell you off cos it covers the advertising.
by "they" i'm thinking you mean 'big business'...?

;)

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 9:02am, edited 1 time in total.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Come on,you don't want to upset the pretencious latte sipping non passionate supporters do you all? You might hurt there ears. Noise should not be tolerated at football games,it's unacceptable,you're there to watch footy,not make noise!
Grow up :evil: :evil:

:wink:

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

i have a banner but i cropped it and now i have no idea how i can put it up because it doesn't have a url.

Go saints in '09!
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

great initiative AOK.

We could really lead melbourne clubs here and get back some home ground advantage like the old suburban grounds used to provide home teams and also the home ground advantage the interstate teams have developed and enjoy.

I also reckon that singing songs similar to the poms at the soccer is spine tingling stuff. Seriously does anybody agree on this one? Why not imitate it with an Australian Rules flavour.

I hope you saints supporters in Melbourne really push these types of ideas because I have thought for a long while that our support needs to be a lot louder and prouder. The TD is now about 8 years old and it should really start to be developing some feel and tradition for the saints, esentially build on something that already has a small foundation to it.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Instead of floggers, why not try something a little more inspiring, like this?

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Because we are not a sea of fans.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:Because we are not a sea of fans.
The MW has more than enough participants, I reckon.

I believe all supporters should, at the very least, embrace a *scarves up* mentality when the players run out.

Would give the players a massive boost to see such a visual display of support.
Last edited by evertonfc on Fri 25 Apr 2008 4:05pm, edited 1 time in total.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 9:00am, edited 1 time in total.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
Otiman wrote:Because we are not a sea of fans.
The MW has more than enough participants, I reckon.

I believe all supporters should, at the very least, embrace a *scarves up* mentality when the players run out.

Would give the players a massive boost to see such a visual display of support.
agreed...its what scarves are for...they are made cheap as and are not too comfy around your neck as they get all itchy from the cheap wool

hold them up nd hold them up proud

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I suggest one of you Photoshop guns design something we can put in our sigs...

'SCARVES UP' FOR THE SAINTS

I'd deadset love if our club's fans could create a unique supporting culture with something like this.

I know it's only small, but imagine if we had 40,000 Saints holding up their scarves when they run out. Talk about making TD into a home venue, this would be thefect first step.

I can see it starting on the MW, and spreading like a virus every week.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 9:00am, edited 1 time in total.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

...and what better side to do it against than Collingwood!!!

Its our next home game and would really show solidarity on the day whenh we have the most opposition fans in the ground

We all have members scarves now..and I notice that they ARE getting widely worn, so theres no excuse

We nee to emphasise it in the areas wheres the greatest concentration of Saints fans..ie

* Behind the Lockett end goals

* Level 1 and 2 city side

* Moorabbin Wing Level 3. Unfortuntely because its an all-ticket game, we wont have the entire bay as concentrated SAints fans...but the first 10 rows or so definately will be!

The best time to do it is when the team run over to the city side of the ground after they burst through the banner...then run to the Lockett end during the warm up

The only stumbling block could be the love that Saints fans have to clap along to the song...obviously cant do that if you are holding a scarf. Also..obviously the best effect is if everyone is standing up. Its something we've tried to get going on the MW ove the last couple of years, but people just get too comfy and seem reluctant to stand up...but again if we get plenty of starters the others will follow

OK..how to get the word out to the masses?..can someone get in touch with the Club prior to the Pies game and get it put in ALL the email Newsletters that go out that week....prominantly!!

Wish we had Fly to remind everyone pre-game.

SCARVES UP FOR SAINTS....lets get the ball rolling!!!!!!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
'd deadset love if our club's fans could create a unique supporting culture with something like this.
Yes and Yes! that is exactly the thing I was thinking Everton but just couldn't articulate it.

'unique supporting culture'

The scarfs things is a beauty. That with some sought of chant or combination of chants would create such a huge atmosphere and would be awe inspiring I would imagine for a player especially if a large majority of the crowd were involved.

Visual and Auditable ideas are the go I reckon.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

on this I would love to see us make a big call out for people to wear lots of red against the pies, that would be very very exciting. Imagine the whole stadium full of RED white and black.....

I like the scarf idea but always worried most would just complaign like the banners and signs

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:on this I would love to see us make a big call out for people to wear lots of red against the pies, that would be very very exciting. Imagine the whole stadium full of RED white and black.....

I like the scarf idea but always worried most would just complaign like the banners and signs
Solar do you think people would complain if supporters held their scarf above their head say when a goal is kicked or some other significant event in the game? Say similar to the Victory supporters in the photo Everton inserted in his post above.

If people were going to complain about this sought of support then there should be sections for supporters and sections for theatre goers because quite frankly it's the footy and not the opera.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
Solar wrote:on this I would love to see us make a big call out for people to wear lots of red against the pies, that would be very very exciting. Imagine the whole stadium full of RED white and black.....

Solar do you think people would complain if supporters held their scarf above their head say when a goal is kicked or some other significant event in the game? Say similar to the Victory supporters in the photo Everton inserted in his post above.

If people were going to complain about this sought of support then there should be sections for supporters and sections for theatre goers because quite frankly it's the footy and not the opera.
to be honest, I would love it but some people I seem to sit around in the social club don't seem to be there to support.... they seem the type to complaign....

but yes this could be something that a small group could start (especially on level 1) and it would grow, kind of like chants do. Start having the majority of the crowd do this and you'll get something similar to the scarf helicopter WCE and essendon have developed.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

No the scarf helicopter probably would get complaints. The thing about that is that it is only when the bombers play the Eagles.

I'm thinking about this 'unique support culture' idea that is common throughout all the entirety of saints games.

I saw Joffa from Collingwood today put on that famous golden jacket which was after this thread was started but it made me think that that is an example of 'unique support culture'.

It has to be something that trully adds another dimension to a saints game and maybe even intimidates opposition teams like how our players feel when they go interstate. Not that the interstaters do anything unique except be very vocal which intimidates visiting teams.

Like I've said before the Vic teams lost this unique home ground advantage when suburban grounds were lost to the national rationalisation. Bring back the noise!!!!1