He who concentrates most, wins. StK v PA

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

He who concentrates most, wins. StK v PA

I can't help but think that of all the multitude of factors that can go into assisting in a win....that this week in the Saints vs PA match that the team that concentrates the most over the 4 quarters will win.

Both teams have been brittle this year.

So have PA.

The Lions overran them last week...and this week while game was won they surrended a very large lead.
sound familar???

So to me the team that can concentrate themselves into applying themselves to the task throughout the 4 quarters is the one most likely to come away with the four points.

Rucks

After the above I am a tad nervous about our rucks. Brogan and Lade are in very good form......and I do not want to face them with just Kosi, Rix and or/ Blake. Such an imbalance could well give the PA mids a vital edge.

My fingers are crossed that at least one of King or Gardi plays.

Apart from the rucks I quite like our potential match ups.....and more so if Schneider can come in.

Goose after another match up should be ok to take on Trrdrea who is not quite right either. With Max and Sam we have good options for the PA forwards. with westhoff playing further up the ground Sa can take him....with perhaps Max on the dangerous Ebert who marks above his size.

Bakes will be a very good addition...CJ stiff to go out.

PA have been our bogey team in recent years. This week we need to stand up. The players need to stand up...for 4 quarters. They will be helped by PA having had a 6 day break.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Saintschampions08
Club Player

Re: He who concentrates most, wins. StK v PA

saintsRrising wrote:Bakes will be a very good addition...CJ stiff to go out.
:shock: :shock:
I don't know where this idea keeps coming from, he's a 'ball magnet' with bad skills.

I understand the bad skills part, and i understand he does a lot of 1%'s, puts pressure on opponents, but fundamentally so far he's had: 9 Possessions 1 Tackle, 19 Possessions and 2 tackles, 8 Possessions and 0 tackles ... in his 3 games so far.

If their the kind of games warranting a game, then we're going to be let down this year :?

gooner
Club Player

Re: He who concentrates most, wins. StK v PA

Saintschampions08 wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:Bakes will be a very good addition...CJ stiff to go out.
:shock: :shock:
I don't know where this idea keeps coming from, he's a 'ball magnet' with bad skills.

I understand the bad skills part, and i understand he does a lot of 1%'s, puts pressure on opponents, but fundamentally so far he's had: 9 Possessions 1 Tackle, 19 Possessions and 2 tackles, 8 Possessions and 0 tackles ... in his 3 games so far.

If their the kind of games warranting a game, then we're going to be let down this year :?
Agreed but think it's his endevour and willingness to create a contest (something that's been sadly lacking from most of our forwards) that means we are happy to overlook his skills deficiencies. Unfortunately for him I think there is only so far you can go on attitude alone and we've already got Blake in that department.

"The humble improve" Wynton Marsalis
karnak
Club Player

He is so concerned about getting the ball that he failed to put a shepard on for gram in the 1st running out of half back,

gram was put under pressure unnecessarily.

I think he will have potential however; he doesn't deserve to be in the side yet.

Sam Gilbert you are an EXCITEMENT MACHINE!
spert
Saintsational Legend

Like the Bulldogs game, this will be won in middle and on the ball -at ground level. We need Lenny, Harvs and co., to repeat the games they had against the Bombers, otherwise we will struggle. I would actually keep CJ in the team for this one, and drop Gilbert for Bakes. It will be a game for runners, and we need close checking smalls like CJ and Bakes.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Gilbert may be out with a shoulder injury.... :(

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Like the Bulldogs game, this will be won in middle and on the ball -at ground level. We need Lenny, Harvs and co., to repeat the games they had against the Bombers, otherwise we will struggle. I would actually keep CJ in the team for this one, and drop Gilbert for Bakes. It will be a game for runners, and we need close checking smalls like CJ and Bakes.
Yes we need our midfield to be at the top of their game.

The last two weeks after the Dogs kicked sand in their face the saints mids seem to be starting to hum.

RL also overdid the midfield tags in the Dogs match.

starsign
Club Player

After the above I am a tad nervous about our rucks. Brogan and Lade are in very good form......and I do not want to face them with just Kosi, Rix and or/ Blake. Such an imbalance could well give the PA mids a vital edge.

My fingers are crossed that at least one of King or Gardi plays.
This will definitely be the key to it sRs
Without either MG or Kingy our mids will be right behind the 8 ball, which will have a significant bearing on the outcome one would think

matrix
Saintsational Legend

bang armo in the guts and let him run his out.....k cornes is gonna end up tagging either dal or joey or lenny.
armo can really shine here against the port mids.....i think he is as good if not better than their centre players.

one good thing is that Port have gone to sleep in their last two final quarters.
we really need to get the clearances here.
hope Train plays and stars on wakelin bagging 5 or 6.

we really REALLY are due to give Port a defeat at AAMI stadium. 8-)

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote: bang armo in the guts and let him run his out....

I don't think he yet has the stamina for this....and so expect him to be still be used as an impact mid....with less ground time than Lenny or Dal.

But play him in the guts yes...but in shorter spells.