Our friends at Tanking Carlton

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Our friends at Tanking Carlton

http://www.talkingcarlton.com/phpBB2/vi ... sc&start=0
The St Kilda guy to watch out for is Gram he provides all of their run out of defence. They're pretty much a one trick pony out of defence. X man (dud) and Sam Fisher arent as effective and Rafaelo is a joke
Riewoldt to get 12 soft frees after the "tunnelling" rubbish that's been in the media.
Waite can handle Reiwoldt but we need the experienced Thornton or the agile Bower being a Craig Bolton.

i don't know how they will fit Gehrig into that team, it's tall enough as it is. if they play him we must try and take advantage of their lack of pace in the forward line (i know we might not be able to match-up on them but i'm thinking positive here)
My theory is you can put whoeva you like down back and it wont make any difference. if the Saints get enough of the ball forward we wont stop the likes of Gehrig, Kosi, Riewoldt, Milne etc, etc. we need to win the clearances and kick goals.
my favourite:
No need for all the analysis, unfortunately it's simple ... we're in big trouble. At least for this game.
Last edited by bigcarl on Wed 26 Mar 2008 4:56am, edited 1 time in total.

woooosaints
Club Player

whats wrong with that? he is an avid suporter supporting his club looking of ways to overcome us. read half the stuff that is said on here and you will realize it aint far off

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

there's nothing wrong with those six separate carlton supporters having those views.

just trying to get a bit of "us versus the rest" going on here as it beats being continually at each other's throats. we are actually all on the same team.

there's a bit of ammunition there for young and inexperienced players such as "rafaelo".

it's probably acceptable that he cops a mild dose on here occasionally, but coming from carlton fans it is a different thing all together imo.

i know others disagree, but personally i don't think he is a joke.

and i trust that x-man shows a few carlton supporters on saturday just how much of a "dud" he is not.

also if either "the experienced thornton or the agile bower" try a "craig bolton" on riewoldt then i hope that fraser (gehrig, that is, not archie) takes his head out from under him. :|

saints by 10 goals

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

I loved a listener to Sen yesterday who sms'd that Fev should be taken off his warning for peeing as he was using "Tank Water" :lol:

Before Im 85
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Not too worried about what they think - I'm sure they don't care what we think.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

winners are grinners we will see who gets the last laugh on saturday night !

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Id be cut beyond belief to drop this game.

Megamaguire
Club Player

Xavier the 'dud' to be B.O.G.

Very happy with 'X'-man right now. Xavier's disposal and reading of the game has been pretty good of late.

GO Xavier !
GO SAINTS!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
The Peanut
Club Player

saintsrus wrote:I loved a listener to Sen yesterday who sms'd that Fev should be taken off his warning for peeing as he was using "Tank Water" :lol:
:lol:

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Xavier the 'dud' to be B.O.G.

Megamaguire wrote:Very happy with 'X'-man right now. Xavier's disposal and reading of the game has been pretty good of late.

GO Xavier !
GO SAINTS!
Me too, Xavier has been great so far this year, I think he will exceed rotating through the midfield and back flank, always puts his body on the line and attracts a lot of free kicks...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Xavier the 'dud' to be B.O.G.

they're not all as moronic as you'd expect at Tanking Carlton. there's some surprisingly good insights:
If they put Russell on Harvey, it'll be like watching a dog chasing a sprinkler.
Robert Harvey has lost pace but none of his nous. Put a kid on him and expect him to tear us a new one whilst feeding all around him.
Reading the team sheets:

Their midfield is super.
Harvey
Hayes
Dal Santo
Ball
Montagna

Ours isn't bad either, but those five players could all be above or at least at the level of Simpson, Stevens (currently), Gibbs, Murphy, Houlihan, Scotland.

Their forward line:

Gehrig
Reiwoldt
Koschitzke
Milne
Schneider?
Gardiner?

Just think about it.
... but you also get the usual suspects:
I hope we spank this punks, I hope Milne gets his head burried in a piddle puddle from Fev at the quarter time huddle, I hope Reiwoldt gets pulled up for tunneling. I hope Hudghton, King, Gardiner, Clarke(s), Gehrig, Kosi, Hayes, Harvey all re-injure themselves, I hope I get to see the devastated look on St Kilda supporters faces if we beat them.
... and the usual smarta*ses:
Close one. Blues by 16 premierships.

Saint_in_SA
Club Player

I think you need to take a good, hard look in the mirror when you fill in your time by trawling through opposition forums and place quotes from that on our own forum.

Do you work? Do you have kids? Do you have other interests in life? :roll:

A-HUH A-HUH A-HUH
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Saint_in_SA wrote:I think you need to take a good, hard look in the mirror when you fill in your time by trawling through opposition forums and place quotes from that on our own forum.

Who`cares? Id rather read it here than have to rawl the boards myself! :D

clobba
Club Player

lol too true why work when other sift the wheat for me 8-)

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Saint_in_SA wrote:I think you need to take a good, hard look in the mirror when you fill in your time by trawling through opposition forums and place quotes from that on our own forum.

i'll take it on board. Not :roll:

it's good entertainment and engenders a bit of "us against the rest" feeling

Raven
Club Player

I find it rather interesting to get an inside view to what the opposition is thinking/saying. It's heartening to see they're all pretty scared, and rightly so.

It's kind of sad that their default forum title for the amount of posts you have is "Chris Judd", which obviously changes as your post count goes up. Man, they're really grasping onto him with both hands, aren't they.

Saintschampions08
Club Player

Raven wrote:I find it rather interesting to get an inside view to what the opposition is thinking/saying. It's heartening to see they're all pretty scared, and rightly so.

It's kind of sad that their default forum title for the amount of posts you have is "Chris Judd", which obviously changes as your post count goes up. Man, they're really grasping onto him with both hands, aren't they.
Who wouldn't if they'd picked him up?

He might be the difference between a top 4 finish and a 5-8 finish come 2 or 3 years time.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Saintschampions08 wrote:
Raven wrote:I find it rather interesting to get an inside view to what the opposition is thinking/saying. It's heartening to see they're all pretty scared, and rightly so.

Who wouldn't if they'd picked him up?

He might be the difference between a top 4 finish and a 5-8 finish come 2 or 3 years time.
I can honestly say that I wouldn't...
Just because a superstar comes over you don't forget about the guys that have been there the whole time...
It makes me sick that they chose the million dollar man to be captain, IMO it would mean far more to Stevens and he would do a better job, not to mention the fact that he practically broke his neck for that club last year!!

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Raven
Club Player

Being happy and excited because a champion player has come to your club is one thing, but to seemingly almost forget the rest of the team, make him captain without playing a game, and changing fan forum titles is another.

It's over the top, IMO. Will he receive the blame if/when they don't make the finals? The guy's under so much pressure.

Eggs. One basket.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah, but rude that he was made captain i reckon. Stevens a much better choice.

anyway, they wont need to tank tonight.....basically cause we'll bash em by 40+ points and they wont have a need to take the foot off the gas
:twisted:

they'll prob roll over and die tho........with any luck :P