Key Match-ups and considerations for this week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

boneless23
Club Player

Key Match-ups and considerations for this week

The team for this week should be:

Geary Max S. Fisher

L. Fisher Gilbert Gram

Montagna Ball X. Clarke

Schneider Rielwoldt C. Gardiner

Kosi Gehrig Milne

King
Hayes
Dal Santo

M. Gardiner Harvey Blake Jones

In: Blake Gehrig
Out: R. Clarke A. Fiora

Key Match ups-
Ball on Judd,
Max on Fevola,
Geary on Betts,
L. Fisher on M. Murphy, and
S. Fisher on Edwards.

I think Waite will line up on Rielwoldt and Scotland will play an offensive half back role meaning that whoever he matches up on will need to remain accountable. C. Gardiner will take some pressure off Riewoldt this time around as Waite is one of the few with the height and tank to go with Roo and if he is beaten I think Charlie will be able to fill that lead up void.

Houlihan is versatile and although he is soft as butter, we need to focus on negating his delievery to Fevola.

We should be able to dominate the ruck comfortably as our tall forwards will mean that Alphalpin will play on Kosi, leaving really only Cameron Cloke to take the rucking duties. There is fitness doubts on both Kruezer and Hampson and I hope more than anything that Sugar plays as that is one postion already won.

If last week is to go by then they will want to tag Lenny with someone like Carazzo or Gibbs leaving the unaccountable Nick Stevens recieving out wide. I am hoping that Dal Santo is given the second or third best tagger (or Stevens head to head) as we really need more of an impact from him this week.

I hope that we are able to free up Gram to play the loose man as his job on O'Keefe last week meant we lost his drive and penetration though the lines. Carlton showed against Richmond that they want to free up Thornton but if the G-Train plays it is likely he will get that job.

We match up really well on Carlton (except for Waite on Roo) and really should win comfortably.
Last edited by boneless23 on Tue 25 Mar 2008 6:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

Personally i would rather have Raph in than Blake. Which then could free Gilbo to the wing or Leroy to tag Judd.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.