Best Cheapest Car Parking around Telstra Dome?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbart
Club Player

Best Cheapest Car Parking around Telstra Dome?

Does anyone on here nornally go the the dome by car? I jam just interested to know where you park. Whether you park under the dome (how much that is and what's the availability like?) or if you park elsewhere.

I know the best way is by public transport, but just wondering if anyone has a favourite spot that they like that travel by car. Is it best to get their very early to secure a good spot??

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

esaint66
SS Life Member

Re: Best Cheapest Car Parking around Telstra Dome?

saintbart wrote:Does anyone on here nornally go the the dome by car? I jam just interested to know where you park. Whether you park under the dome (how much that is and what's the availability like?) or if you park elsewhere.

I know the best way is by public transport, but just wondering if anyone has a favourite spot that they like that travel by car. Is it best to get their very early to secure a good spot??

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

there is the place that looks like a giant cube near the big bird satue aand it is $10 dollars and about an 800 metre walk to the ground maybe less.

every level we go up on the 'cube' we name the saints players number. :lol:

if you drive along st kilda beach and turn up towards the south melbourne market and trun towards the dome you will see it.

sorry if this isnt much of a help.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

The walk from the Crown/Exhibition Building car parks isn't too bad, and if you live out south-east, then it's straight into the tunnel and away you go, no traffic to speak of.

esaint66
SS Life Member

oh yeah if this is any bigger of a help its right near the world trade centre.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

In Adderley St behind the remand centre..between Latrobe and Dudley St.,..free after 5pm AFAIK

Umm TWENTY THREE DOLLARS to park under the Dome!!!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

There's parking next to the Victoria Police Centre on Flinders Street, it's around 8 or 10 $.

Enter from Sidderley Street, which can be accessed from Spencer (Clarendon) St or from Flinders Street.

Short walk to ground, 5 - 10 minutes.

This may be the one St Edward's describing. (There are alot of cubes around the Dome but it's near the bird)

esaint66
SS Life Member

Ghost Like wrote:There's parking next to the Victoria Police Centre on Flinders Street, it's around 8 or 10 $.

Enter from Sidderley Street, which can be accessed from Spencer (Clarendon) St or from Flinders Street.

Short walk to ground, 5 - 10 minutes.

This may be the one St Edward's describing. (There are alot of cubes around the Dome but it's near the bird)

haha :lol: yes that is the one and thank you for giving a better descriptin than me haha :lol:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

couple of suggestions

parking at New quay- docklands is $8 for as long as you like with just the need to spend $15 in one of the businesses- But a couple of drinks or coffees or a bit of Fish and chips will get you to that level

the end of the docks as event parking for $10 - wandering down past Victoria harbour to the south of Docklands.

I heard someone on radio the other day say they pre booked parking under the dome for the year for their teams games and it was $30 per week.
Last edited by saintbrat on Tue 18 Mar 2008 7:11pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

saint edward wrote:every level we go up on the 'cube' we name the saints players number. :lol:
What happens when you get to level 4?

esaint66
SS Life Member

Otiman wrote:
saint edward wrote:every level we go up on the 'cube' we name the saints players number. :lol:

well we havent ried parking there this season but now you mention it i think i will just say thommo, lockett or baldock :)

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Plenty of free parking in Nth Melbourne only 10 minute walk.

The only problem is it can take up to 30 minutes to get through the city after the game, if you are going South.

Personally I get the train for night games and drive to day games.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Try the Civic Hotel. The car park is always empty and it's only a taxi ride to the Perth Airport

Another opportunity awaits!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:
There are no cars as 4 is vacant :wink:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Cheapest way to get to footy if only two of you. Drive to a Zone 1 train station- purchase a 2 hour ticktet but dont validate it until 6pm u then get a valid ticket up to 2 am cost of a zone one return ticket.
Might be a bit rushed if train takes more than 45 mins as game starts at 7.10 pm

You can stick under the dome parking where the sun dont shine.

benengel14
Club Player

There's a couple of great parking options with minimal walking distance from the ground

1) On Spencer street, adjacent to the Burke street pedestrian overpass.
Next to Spencer Street (Southern Cross) Station
$14 on Match Day.
(This may be the same car park as St. Edward was describing - not sure)
http://www.wilsonparking.com.au/go/wils ... ss-station
Lots of spots, traffic lights allows for quick exits.
Then walk through the DFO outlets and onto the pedestrian footbridge (or just follow the crowd).

2) Little Collins Street, about 20 metres from the corner of Spencer/Little Collins. It's open for a flat rate of $10 (from memory) on match days, much smaller car park, on busier days will fill up about 20 minutes prior to start.
Then a 2 minute walk along Spencer street to the pedestrian footbridge.

In truth; the location of TD is excellent, there shouldn't be any reason to resort to something like Public Transport :P

From a cost point-of-view, it really depends on how many people you buy train tickets for. Or if your finances prevent you from doing the most noble act one can do of buying a Prius.

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:couple of suggestions

parking at New quay- docklands is $8 for as long as you like with just the need to spend $15 in one of the businesses- But a couple of drinks or coffees or a bit of Fish and chips will get you to that level

the end of the docks as event parking for $10 - wandering down past Victoria harbour to the south of Docklands.

I heard someone on radio the other day say they pre booked parking under the dome for the year for their teams games and it was $30 per week.
$30 to park! Its now more expensive to park at the Dome than to go to a game there (GA).

Whats wrong with that picture, Collo, you greedy so and so. :x

Kris1
Club Player

Free Parking

Not sure if it is the same on match days, but normally at weekends there is free parking on the south end of Docklands at the very bottom of Bourke Street past the NAB building. There is a building named Dock 5 and immediately past this is a car park next to the water with a manned security gate. I have never seen this gate manned at the weekend and it has been free to park there, but it may be manned on match days.

Alternatively, if you travel another 0.5km along here and onto North Wharfe Road you can park for free behind the big sheds near the end of the wharfe. This is no more than 10-15 min walk to the Dome.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

night games or evening games park near the cop cars outside the brothels at the top end of town.

car is safe for as long as the cop cars are there :) parking is free :) (just round the corner from witches in britches is it?) and its a pleasant wallk.

been parking since we moved to ducklands.

yes I do bring the kids, no I don't go to the brothels.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
sainteronline

Dan Warna wrote: no I don't go to the brothels.
not that theres anything wrong with that :wink:

p.s what do going to a brothel and parking under td have in common?

yep you guessed it you know your gunna get scarewed.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The carpark that looks like it was once a wool shed on the cnr of Dudley & Adderley Sts (just up the road from Dan's brothels) costs $10. Just a short stroll past the back of the MAP (Melbourne Assessment Prison), over the Latrobe St bridge and you are there !!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:The carpark that looks like it was once a wool shed on the cnr of Dudley & Adderley Sts (just up the road from Dan's brothels) costs $10. Just a short stroll past the back of the MAP (Melbourne Assessment Prison), over the Latrobe St bridge and you are there !!
Or...as I posted earlier :P there is FREEEEEEEE parking on both sides of Adderley St afer 5pm (maybe even 1pm on weekends)

Have to be there early though if 2 Melb sides are playing

Oh...and you cant do a right hand turn out of Latrobe St into Adderley any more...you have to enter via Dudley St or come up Latrobe St over the bridge and turn left

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
bigmicka
Club Player

Dan Warna wrote:night games or evening games park near the cop cars outside the brothels at the top end of town.

car is safe for as long as the cop cars are there :) parking is free :) (just round the corner from witches in britches is it?) and its a pleasant wallk.

been parking since we moved to ducklands.

yes I do bring the kids, no I don't go to the brothels.
So do you eat at The Main Course?

mic

No one ever built a statue for a critic.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

no we usually taked a packed lunch

do you know how expensive it is to feed 3 kids at telstradome prices?

phcukck em, (although I usually do relent and buy a couple of buckets of chips for $126.55)

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!