Umpires

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Umpires

For those of you that got stuck with bombers supporters bitching and moaning about the umpires....

you will almost always get the free if you

1) attack the ball and get the hard ball. You can either get over the shoulder, in the back, trip etc. Get beaten to the ball and its hard to get the favour of the umpires.

2) play in front. I'm sorry but the amount of bitching that goes on from oppositon fans when their defenders or rucks push or scrag our forwards or rucks tonight was stupid at the extreme.

Yes the frees were soft but they went both ways, it was just that the saints were putting their nut over the ball, attacking it and playing in front.

btw jumping on the ball when it's 20 metres away straight in front is not the best idea. Was always a free kick, more so that it was in front of a pack of saints fans!

end of rant

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Here's something for the Essendon supporters to play with...

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Re: Umpires

Solar wrote:For those of you that got stuck with bombers supporters bitching and moaning about the umpires....
So pretty much anyone who attended the game that wasn't in the cheer squad.

I get really tired of all the bellyaching over umpires. They can only call what they see, and it doesn't always even out. If people didn't spend so much time abusing umpires we might get more quality umpires signing up for the job.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Umpires

vacuous space wrote:
Solar wrote:For those of you that got stuck with bombers supporters bitching and moaning about the umpires....
So pretty much anyone who attended the game that wasn't in the cheer squad.

I get really tired of all the bellyaching over umpires. They can only call what they see, and it doesn't always even out. If people didn't spend so much time abusing umpires we might get more quality umpires signing up for the job.
I agree and I hope you think that way all year.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:I agree and I hope you think that way all year.
I can be pretty one-eyed, but I think if you checked my record here there wouldn't be too many criticisms of umpires, even after a loss. I think they get it right a hell of a lot of the time for a game that moves so fast. There are always ones that I question in live action only to be proven foolishly wrong by the replay. Eveybody makes mistakes. At least the umpires make a lot less than the supporters of either club.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

f*** I hate Essendon.