Next week, Win or Lose

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Next week, Win or Lose

From a report on the game earlier today "The Lions now head to Carrara for their clash with the loser of the St Kilda-Geelong game"

If we win, we play the winner of tonight's game between Footscray and Essendon, friday night. (Venue Unknown, but I would suspect Telstra Dome, being the home of three of the four possible clubs involved)

Solar
Saintsational Legend

so wait, second year in a row we will not be the team that plays down at casey (casey is hosting a game again this year in round three of the regional cup?).....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:so wait, second year in a row we will not be the team that plays down at casey (casey is hosting a game again this year in round three of the regional cup?).....
Bloody stupid AFL. They should at least wait and see if we lose before they program practice games. If we win they should then keep the program they already worked out. the AFL are so silly.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

from memory last year we managed two challange games in a row at Princes park- optus/ carlton where ever

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Solar
Saintsational Legend

it's bizzare isn't it....

wouldn't it have been better to have played sydney up in canberra in the first round so they could get a little more interest....

they really don't think much do they?

FQF
In richo I trust

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:it's bizzare isn't it....

wouldn't it have been better to have played sydney up in canberra in the first round so they could get a little more interest....

Maybe the Saints should program every pre season practice game so that it suits us. The AFL are dumb.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Maybe the Saints should program every pre season practice game so that it suits us. The AFL are dumb.
thought it was too true, the thought that you aren't just running the AFL line
:roll: you smart arse!

FQF
In richo I trust

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

thought it was too true, the thought that you aren't just running the AFL line
:roll: you smart arse!
Better than thinking that the AFL pick on the Saints which has no common sense reason to happen.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

did I ever say that? no not at all, all I have ever pointed out is the stupidity or unfairness of how the television or draw is created. Sorry for assuming that the AFL makes the draw and signs off on broadcasting rights.... go figure....

btw it effects all teams, but since I'm a saints supporter it wouldn't be much to accept that I shall bitch about the stupidity that effects stkilda.....

So I assume it's your shout next week plugger66, since the cheque from the AFL for being their mouthpiece has come in :roll:

so seriously answer me this, you fixture a practice match for the next week down at casey and you have the team which is alligned.... doesn't it make sense to send them down if they have been beaten in the main comp? Thats strange, they sent the hawks down to tassie, west coast to a WA outback town.... silly to think they wouldn't send sydney as they are the nearest team to canberra.....

any chance you can argue the topic insteed of brushing it off with your pathetic amblings about how the AFL is god!

FQF
In richo I trust

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:did I ever say that? no not at all, all I have ever pointed out is the stupidity or unfairness of how the television or draw is created. Sorry for assuming that the AFL makes the draw and signs off on broadcasting rights.... go figure....

btw it effects all teams, but since I'm a saints supporter it wouldn't be much to accept that I shall bitch about the stupidity that effects stkilda.....

So I assume it's your shout next week plugger66, since the cheque from the AFL for being their mouthpiece has come in :roll:

so seriously answer me this, you fixture a practice match for the next week down at casey and you have the team which is alligned.... doesn't it make sense to send them down if they have been beaten in the main comp? Thats strange, they sent the hawks down to tassie, west coast to a WA outback town.... silly to think they wouldn't send sydney as they are the nearest team to canberra.....

any chance you can argue the topic insteed of brushing it off with your pathetic amblings about how the AFL is god!
And if we win geelong play at Casey next week so how does that benefit them. We played at home in the first practice game and we will if we win this week so surely that is enough or should evey game be where you want it.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

or how about not put anyone in future fixtures, just set up the fixtures and then once you have the losers from this weekend you announce where teams play?

makes sense to me???

FQF
In richo I trust

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:or how about not put anyone in future fixtures, just set up the fixtures and then once you have the losers from this weekend you announce where teams play?

makes sense to me???
And if 8 Victorian sides under your way do we play all 4 games at Telstra.

Batnoe

This can be the only time i wont mind if we lose

carrara next week!!!

Im freakin there

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:or how about not put anyone in future fixtures, just set up the fixtures and then once you have the losers from this weekend you announce where teams play?

makes sense to me???
And if 8 Victorian sides under your way do we play all 4 games at Telstra.
no of course not.

but if you made a series of fixtures for the regional cup and one was down at the casey scorpions would you not wait to see if their alligned club was in this regional series? It just makes perfect sense to me, not sure who needs to know apart from perhaps the clubs who need it for perhaps rehab. Even then they could be advised that they could be going to a certain place?

It would be like playing a game in bendigo and not having the dons if they had been kicked out of the NAB cup. So no this doesn't just effect stkilda but in this instance it does.

tell me some of the fixturing doesn't leave you perplexed?

FQF
In richo I trust

maverick
Saintsational Legend

What a load of garbage.

We should be at home next week win or lose.

The Lions played in Qld last week, we shouldn't play interstate two weeks running.

Simple.