Supergoal

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

Supergoal

It was quite strange to see the supergoal amended at half time (although I'm sure it's happened before in previous pre-seasons). Imagine if that happened in the last quarter and the side lost by a point. You leave the ground thinking you'd won/lost only to get home and find the result had been reversed. Pretty stupid....

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

What was "pretty stupid" is that fact that it wasn't picked up on the ground.

There are four umpires and they have the ability to call for the video.

Hayden Kennedy didn't have the composure when a scuffle took place to call for the video. He must have known that the kick was close to the 50m arc. He should have called for the video before giving the all clear.

Poor umpiring...but it is only February after all.

esaint66
SS Life Member

what was even more stupid was the umpire trying to break up the fight after the goal. "boys boys, i'll give you till the count of 3 to put your hands down" hahahahah :lol:

Darren
Club Player

saint edward wrote:what was even more stupid was the umpire trying to break up the fight after the goal. "boys boys, i'll give you till the count of 3 to put your hands down" hahahahah :lol:
haha that was funny. :lol:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:What was "pretty stupid" is that fact that it wasn't picked up on the ground.

Hayden Kennedy didn't have the composure when a scuffle took place to call for the video. He must have known that the kick was close to the 50m arc. He should have called for the video before giving the all clear.

Not allowed to use the video anymore during a game but as was done can be watched during the breaks.

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Re: Supergoal

Harvey To Hayes wrote:It was quite strange to see the supergoal amended at half time (although I'm sure it's happened before in previous pre-seasons)
Yep it has happened before, if I remember rightly it has also happened to us before or the team we were playing.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:What was "pretty stupid" is that fact that it wasn't picked up on the ground.

Not allowed to use the video anymore during a game but as was done can be watched during the breaks.
Thats correct..the powers that be dont want to "hold up the game" by calling for the video immediately afer the goal

As someone as stated before, thats fine cept for the last quarter..where it could reverse the result of a match

Needs to be amended so that in the last quarter they DO call for the video straight away..the AFL being the AFL of course that wont happen until theres been a massive hullabuloo cos a game result has been reversed

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Now THAT is stupid!

esaint66
SS Life Member

Life Long Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Now THAT is stupid!

hotdog we have a wiener :lol: :lol:

my les foote
Club Player

So what if the Tigers won by three points but Montagna's goal had been in the last quarter.

They go off, sing their song, do their warm down, all the fans go home and then the players are told they have to play extra time.

OK. I know that is an unrealistic situation. Richmond could never win by 3 points.

Win it for HIM!