Saints open wallet to fix old wounds

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

yipper
SS Life Member

Saints open wallet to fix old wounds

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Go Sretnias Go
Club Player

Yipper, that is one of the most encouraging and heartning articles on the StKFC I have seen in years.
Augers well for a top 2 finish this year. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Once a Sainter always a Sainter.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

fair dinkum, if Gardy plays today, looks fit and pulls up OK, I may just drop my load....

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Was expecting the article to be about paying back our old players who took the pay cut back in the 80's. Still good though.

yipper
SS Life Member

Go Sretnias Go wrote:Yipper, that is one of the most encouraging and heartning articles on the StKFC I have seen in years.
Yes, it was real confidence booster. Written by a journo who hasn't always been kind to us.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

The thing I liked the most was that Greg Hutchison is also 'Senior Development Coach'.

Hallelujah!!!!

No more Saints up-and-comers sitting on the pine for weeks on end. Nice work by Lyon and the board on that one.

ctqs
Club Player

yipper wrote:
Go Sretnias Go wrote:Yipper, that is one of the most encouraging and heartning articles on the StKFC I have seen in years.
Yes, it was real confidence booster. Written by a journo who hasn't always been kind to us.
And can write speculation-as-fact a little too much for my liking, too. I'm always VERY careful before accepting what he writes.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Hey...yes it is good that it is up.

BUT...huge increase??

Football department expenditure at Moorabbin will rise to about $13.6m this year, a huge increase on the club's 2006 spend of $11.28m, which was almost $1m below the average of the 16 clubs.

So that is 20% up in 2 years. But you would need to allow for inflation...so take away say 7%

So yes it is a signficant increase....but huge increase no.

Now the extra spend on medical and conditiong etc is all good...but to be fair to the previous Board (and yes to AF as CEO) a reasonable chunk of that was already in train to be done. ie Misson and co were already coming on board before FF put their feet under the Boardroom Table.

The previous Board had stated that they were already increasing spend...but I do not know what the quantum of that was to be.

Now I am not knocking FF...BUT they need to deliver a lot more yet...to have delivered on their promises.

Planned expenditure is up...but after allowing for inflation and what the previous Board were already doing then it is evident that it is not reallya huge increas.

Now it is early days yet and the FF team have not yet had a lot of time to boost income...so I would not have expected a lot more of them yet.

However for me the real test for FF will be the
"extra" beyond this that they need to deliver in 2009 and 2010 once they have had time to boosts the increa streams as per their platform.

I am not knocking FF...but some of the credit being given to them is not really theirs.

Also do not get me wrong...I am fully behind FF and am glad that we havea new Board team.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:No more Saints up-and-comers sitting on the pine for weeks on end. Nice work by Lyon and the board on that one.
The Scorpions are in for a pretty lean year after the retirement and shifting clubs of a lot of their (our?) older and more experienced players. It's in their best interests, at least for now, to get the most of the Saints players coming up through the ranks there.

Megamaguire
Club Player

"Football department expenditure at Moorabbin will rise to about $13.6m this year, a huge increase on the club's 2006 spend of $11.28m, which was almost $1m below the average of the 16 clubs. "

In 2006 the Saints total football outlay was $11.28 million - $2.27 million behind West Coast which outlayed the 4th. highest amount in its premiership season. Saint Kilda had slipped to 11th. of the 16 clubs in football expenditure. (Martin Boulton The Age late 2007/ early 2008).

Saint Kilda has to be prepared to maximise financial streams into our club just to keep pace with the West Coasts; Collingwoods and emerging Geelongs of the comp. If this means playing Collingwood in Dublin in 2009 the club should jump at the opportunity. Talking Collingwood for a second (relax !) we should also be pushing for an annual MCG Saturday arvo clash against Collingwood as a Saint Kilda Home Game. As a club we need to be on to everything that can help us close in on the financial advantages that the others enjoy.
Burkey was right to take a stand on this issue and aim to give the new coach every chance to deliver.

If we can get those first 4 points against genuinely good opposition (the swans rnd. 1) and whip those catters Saint Kilda can set up the september push for glory in July.

G O S A I N T S

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
Halo-9
Club Player
Location: Giving the fruit loops and powder puff supporters the finger everyday!

good stuff :P

ST.KILDA are the BEST
So F**K all the REST

*BALLwagon Member #9*

SAINTS LOVE......................SAINTS FOOTY