eddie big head also has a big mouth....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

eddie big head also has a big mouth....

"We think it's not only a goodwill gesture," said McGuire, "but we are keen to reinforce once again that we are not only the biggest team in Melbourne, but also nationally, and that we have a lot to contribute internationally."

eddie on the filth playing a game against the irish whingers...... :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Re: eddie big head also has a big mouth....

stinger wrote:"and that we have a lot to contribute internationally."
Here's an idea Eddie, send the boys on a pre-season to Baghdad, or some other war-torn area of the world.

Would give the snipers some target practice at least!

8-)

stinger
Saintsational Legend

:wink: :lol:

saintlee
Club Player

stinger wrote:"We think it's not only a goodwill gesture," said McGuire, "but we are keen to reinforce once again that we are not only the biggest team in Melbourne, but also nationally, and that we have a lot to contribute internationally."

eddie on the filth playing a game against the irish whingers...... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Bigger than West Coast? Bigger than Adelaide?? I don't think so.......the arrogance just kills me!

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

If Collingwood were half as popular as Eddie thinks they are, they be as recognisable as Man U, Barca, or any other soccer giant.

People here know Man U, but the average Brit probably only thinks Collingwood captains thier cricket side.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

:wink: :lol:

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:If Collingwood were half as popular as Eddie thinks they are, they be as recognisable as Man U, Barca, or any other soccer giant.

People here know Man U, but the average Brit probably only thinks Collingwood captains thier cricket side.
When Eddie mentions that Collingwood are the biggest team 'nationally', im pretty sure that limits it only to Australia.

....He never said they were internationally recognized.

Go Sretnias Go
Club Player

Poor Eddie, just can't help himself, can he. He is so used to coming out with bulltysh (spin) that he sometimes ( or more importantly regularly ) gets his facts all up the shoot - that comes about with those that think even their excrement doesn't stink!

Once a Sainter always a Sainter.
ctqs
Club Player

Certainly he could argue the case that they were the most UNpopular. He's just another corporate spin doctor these days so I place too much importance on what he says.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
Megamaguire
Club Player

stinger wrote:"We think it's not only a goodwill gesture," said McGuire, "but we are keen to reinforce once again that we are not only the biggest team in Melbourne, but also nationally, and that we have a lot to contribute internationally."

Eddie is tedious in his promotion of collingwood and he is quick to see an opportunity in recruiting some more Irish 'whingers' to add to the likes of Matthew Clarke. This is Eddie continuing to build on collingwood's financial and connections advantage over the other melbourne clubs in particular. As much as i have disliked the 'whingers' from geewrong over the years i firmly believe that their processes and approach to season 2007 deserve closer analysis by those that aim to surpass. I have to drop my use of the term 'geewrong' and simply adopt 'geelong' again until Saint Kilda wins that premiership. I remember years ago that Stan Alves publicly praised North at a Saint Kilda AGM as being a well run club. Stan got us to a grand final not long after He had the right approach. It's better not to complain about how many times Eddie mentions the hallowed words "The Collingwood Football Club" but to outdo the Eddies of this world. I want some Irish 'Whingers' like Matthew Clarke or Jim Stynes or T.Keneally at Saint Kilda and not all at just Collingwood or Carlton.
Eddie will do a much better job than Kevin Sheedy at building bridges with the Irish and try and get the Irish to favour Collingwood for the future in sending Irish prospects there. Sheedy did his best to just about sink the concept of International Rules but Eddie will make it into a win-win situation for Collingwood.
I think the Irish are are a bit too reckless risking their players against the more physically allowed afl players - the GAA brains trust must be doing it for financial reasons. If afl players had to front up against Rugby players in a wacky composite game of two codes the afl would be labelled derelict in their duty of care. AFL coaches would refuse to let it happen in fear of loosing too many players to the hits rugby players see as acceptable.

A year ago i suggested that Ireland and Australia should swap an AFL game and a Gaelic game at the same time for genuine premiership points and play for example Collingwood v's Saint Kilda at Croke Park (Dublin) and Dublin v's Kerry at Docklands.

We live in a global village now and there is no reason why countries like Australia and Ireland (that have their own unusual footy codes) swap the cultural experience. I think the International Rules series although popular is not a true cultural exchange as the 'Pure' application of both codes is not seen clearly. In a world where only 6 football codes exist
(Gridiron; Soccer; Rugby Union; Rugby League; AFL and Gaelic Footy) the two least international (AFL & GAELIC FOOTY) may get more out of Saint Kilda beating Collingwood at Croke Park and Dublin beating Kerry at Docklands.

G O S A I N T S !

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Megamaguire wrote: A year ago i suggested that Ireland and Australia should swap an AFL game and a Gaelic game at the same time for genuine premiership points and play for example Collingwood v's Saint Kilda at Croke Park (Dublin) and Dublin v's Kerry at Docklands.

wtf are saint kilda..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

You're a superstar, Eddie...and boy can you wind up the masses with the 'us vs them' mentality.

Love it.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

AFL is not a code, it is a league that plays Australian football.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:A year ago i suggested that Ireland and Australia should swap an AFL game and a Gaelic game at the same time for genuine premiership points and play for example Collingwood v's Saint Kilda at Croke Park (Dublin) and Dublin v's Kerry at Docklands.
i would be outraged if stkilda played a home and away game in ireland

also i wouldnt have any interest in going to a dublin vs kerry match if in melbourne either

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
stinger wrote:A year ago i suggested that Ireland and Australia should swap an AFL game and a Gaelic game at the same time for genuine premiership points and play for example Collingwood v's Saint Kilda at Croke Park (Dublin) and Dublin v's Kerry at Docklands.
i would be outraged if stkilda played a home and away game in ireland

also i wouldnt have any interest in going to a dublin vs kerry match if in melbourne either

hey....i didn't write that..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Megamaguire
Club Player

Ok there are only 5 or less 'Codes' of football

Right i suppose i should have used the better term - 'type' of football.

The point i'm trying to make is that when you take away soccer the rest of the football 'leagues' are not exactly huge in global terms. AFL and Gaelic players still love to don their national colours and emblems but a 'pure' cultural exchange of unique products (AFL & Gaelic footy) benefits both games perhaps more. The Irish (those that would be interested or curious in witnessing real AFL and the Aussies who might be equally curious in witnessing real Gaelic would then have the opportunity. McGuire knows that playing some kind of game in Dublin- international ruled or the pure 'type' - 'code' or Australian 'leagued' will only benefit Collingwood. Unless Melbourne-based clubs like The Saints aim to have a slice of whatever pie (unintended pun) the likes of Collingwood have their paws in we'll be giving them more advantage than they deserve.

Do we have a blockbuster game yet? or do the AFL still only really only take Collingwood and Essendon seriously on that issue? Saint Kilda needs to continue being proactive

KEEP AT IT SAINTERS!

Megamaguire
Club Player

Please explain Stinger

"wtf are saint kilda" ?

Don't know what you mean

stinger
Saintsational Legend

the saints are St Kilda......there is no team called Saint Kilda
Last edited by stinger on Mon 11 Feb 2008 9:45am, edited 1 time in total.

Behind Play
Club Player

Stinger, stop being so pedantic.

eddie is only in it for eddie, no one else. Has to do something with his life since he was boned at nine.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

He is hated by the majority of non-magpie supporters, but anyone who wouldn't want him doing the same thing for their own club is mad.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Behind Play wrote:Stinger, stop being so pedantic.

eddie is only in it for eddie, no one else. Has to do something with his life since he was boned at nine.
\

.... :roll: :roll: :roll: ...do you know what pedantic means..?????.....the fathead is still getting about 4 million a year from channel 9...whilst doing radio work on a station no one listens to..... :roll:

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

Mick Malthouse the coach of Collingwood Magpies gets wind of potential young recruit who lives in Iraq. Malthouse and the Magpies recruiting Manager catch a plane to the troubled Iraq capital Baghdad and track the young boy down.

The boy does a full pre-season, plays all the practice matches and gets picked on the bench in the seniors for the first game of the year.

Ten minutes into the first quarter, Nathan Buckley goes down with a severe knee injury. Malthouse turns to the boy and says "This is it son, go to the centre half forward and show us what you can do."

The boy proceeds to play the greatest debut game in AFL history. He kicks 9 goals, takes mark of the year, and kicks the winning goal after the siren from outside 50.

The Magpies chair him off the ground and give him three cheers back in the rooms. Malthouse tells the team what the boy from Iraq has been through and he is a model lesson for all.

Malthouse then pulls the boy aside and says "Go into my office son , ring your Mother and tell her what you did today."

He proceeds to do so. "Mum", he says down the phone, "Guess what I did today?"

"I don't care what you did today." His Mother replies. "I tell you what happened here today", she goes on. "Your Dad was stabbed and robbed, our house was torched, our car blown up, your sister was attacked and your brother was abducted."

"Gee" says the boy. "I feel a bit responsible for what happened."

The Mother replies "So you should be, if it wasn't for you we would never have shifted to Collingwood."

Heard it a while ago.... copied from somewhere.

Behind Play
Club Player

stinger wrote:

\

.... :roll: :roll: :roll: ...do you know what pedantic means..?????.....the fathead is still getting about 4 million a year from channel 9...whilst doing radio work on a station no one listens to..... :roll:
i was actually referring to your post on the word Saint being used.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Behind Play wrote:
stinger wrote:

\

that occurred to me after i posted the above reply.......just making a point...obliquely......no sainter refers to our team as saint kilda......i could smell a troll....

Behind Play
Club Player

stinger wrote:
Behind Play wrote:
stinger wrote:

\

that occurred to me after i posted the above reply.......just making a point...obliquely......no sainter refers to our team as saint kilda......i could smell a troll....
Fair enough....keep up the good work :)