thats a joke..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu

thats a joke..

nice move owen ....not (imo)

while i'm at it ....has poochy be banned ?

theghostfromgronggrong

What do u mean "banned"?

How can someone be "banned"?

What does being "banned" actually entail?

There was panic in the glee club for the word had got around that the ghost of old Grong Grong was back in town.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

who is owen???

owen did what??

come again...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

yeah, absolutely no need to lock that thread

while more moderating might be a good thing, imho, I think that what we are getting is an over reaction

this site afterall is a forum, for all people's opinion's, not just the opinion of a mod, and even following the rules, it's a bit of a stretch to lock the thread in the first place

Also, Teflon getting a warning for calling Grant Thomas a fool is outrageous

Whichever mod did this, obviously did so at the request of stinger who was too foolish to realise that the comment was not made about him, and even if for example Teflon was calling stinger a fool, so what, stinger is a fool and anyway Teflon wasn't calling stinger a fool, but stinger is too much of a fool and too foolish to realise this

Obviously Teflon getting warning for calling a fool, a fool, when he didn't call the fool a fool is something that I assume has been corrected

While moderating is a voluntary exercise and unpaid, and most of us are appreciative of the effort that you guy's are doing, perhaps it should also be factored in that this site gives rise to robust debate and sometimes, passion's are aroused

At the end of the day, if the subject does not appeal, you don't have to read it

All of us would just love Grant Thomas to just piss off, but the fact remains that this pissant, is still in the news and so therefore, he gets discussed between the enlightened and the filcher's flaggetating flogs

More moderation, yeah sure, but let's not throw the baby out with the goldfish bowl half full of bathwater

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

but you b4e continue to bring up the same old crap don't you not???

and it is crap...it is history...

surely you can live for the future and how well we have traded...what we have drafted in the past few months...

not ackland...mcgough...guerra...

they didnt pull on a saints jumper last year...nor the year before...(apart from sugar)...

so let it be...are you able to do that???

if not why do you post the same crap time after time after time after time

good job capuano...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:yeah, absolutely no need to lock that thread

while more moderating might be a good thing, imho, I think that what we are getting is an over reaction

this site afterall is a forum, for all people's opinion's, not just the opinion of a mod, and even following the rules, it's a bit of a stretch to lock the thread in the first place

Also, Teflon getting a warning for calling Grant Thomas a fool is outrageous

Whichever mod did this, obviously did so at the request of stinger who was too foolish to realise that the comment was not made about him, and even if for example Teflon was calling stinger a fool, so what, stinger is a fool and anyway Teflon wasn't calling stinger a fool, but stinger is too much of a fool and too foolish to realise this

Obviously Teflon getting warning for calling a fool, a fool, when he didn't call the fool a fool is something that I assume has been corrected

While moderating is a voluntary exercise and unpaid, and most of us are appreciative of the effort that you guy's are doing, perhaps it should also be factored in that this site gives rise to robust debate and sometimes, passion's are aroused

At the end of the day, if the subject does not appeal, you don't have to read it

All of us would just love Grant Thomas to just piss off, but the fact remains that this pissant, is still in the news and so therefore, he gets discussed between the enlightened and the filcher's flaggetating flogs

More moderation, yeah sure, but let's not throw the baby out with the goldfish bowl half full of bathwater
Foolish comment.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Teflons warning was reversed

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
asiu

:lol:

theghostfromgronggrong...luv it

goodonya

ps...thats twice now i've asked about poochy .....is that against the rules or something?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Teflons warning was reversed
i hope b4e's won't be..... :evil: :evil: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Yes...poochy in any of his incarnations was and will be banned immediately

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Take away Barks humorous slant (which I enjoy) and his main point is totally valid - mods do a great unpaid job and at times cop it in the neck for very little BUT there's a fine line between having sensible rules and administering them and being trigger happy, hasty and stifling a site which has by and large been the best non official footy site of any AFL club for 10 yrs or so.

This site was traditionally built on characters and (I enjoyed Nanna and the likes they added something and dont mind Poochy to be honest..although I dont always agree), like modern footy and Fraser Gehrigs of the world, we shouldnt sterilise the joint to the point where it loses its individuality, style and color.

Id actually like to thank the mods for retracting my warning - it was genuinely appreciated. I hope in future IF there is any confusion a simple PM would clear any of it up before we jump to official warnings etc (Id also warn against listening to any posters who come running to mods crying they've been villified......usually agenda laden that type of request).

“Yeah….nah””
JeffDunne

Why?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
Why?
Jeff I appreciate your inane stalking but this is truly none of your business - it was retracted a discussion between mods and myself and that shouldnt need to be debated with you on the main FOOTY forum.

Move on......as you tell us all to do every week and give us all a break. :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
JeffDunne

I didn't start the thread or the discussion about the warning so I'm not sure why you directed that post at me . . . no wait, that's a lie, I know exactly why you did.

FWIW, I didn't ask you why so there was no need for you to reply.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

On the Thomas locked thread.

I dislike the man immensly but can see he bought business management ideas to our club that were new to the club BUT not new in both the football and business worlds. Clubs had held bonding sessions and community trips well before Grant Thomas came along (I do think the o/s trips were his though). That said, and in the context of the Blight debarcle , for pure stability, he was the right person at that time for our club - to head up FOOTBALL OPERATIONS in the mould of Neil Balme (IF he could contain the ego......which he clearly cant). A coach needs to be able to develop - and not just stars and the odd draftee - Grants record here was abismall (see Rookies). It was also poor when he had the chance to rectify the poor injury management planning (no records of time trials for 3 yrs for Gwilt isnt a Board cost issue - especially when you had free reign to appoint who YOU as head coach wanted in the fitness role). Grants game plans also started to unravel and as many noted he had no plan B - we ALWAYS looked great in a shoot out and I liekd our chances....when the "flood" came out of the bag we struggled to sope lets be honest.

Probably an OK Business Manager Grant...IMO not a coach.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:I didn't start the thread or the discussion about the warning so I'm not sure why you directed that post at me . . . no wait, that's a lie, I know exactly why you did.

FWIW, I didn't ask you why so there was no need for you to reply.
Any retraction to do with me has more to do with me than you wouldnt you think?

Take the blinkers off Jeffery.....just for once....and let the Forum get on with footy.

“Yeah….nah””
stinger
Saintsational Legend

just goes to prove that like kiwi judges, our mods can be conned ........

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Yes...poochy in any of his incarnations was and will be banned immediately
why?

For what he's done in previous lives or new history since poochy2008 came about??

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:just goes to prove that like kiwi judges, our mods can be conned ........
As one mod said recently to you.......if you dont like it....go elsewhere.

“Yeah….nah””
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:just goes to prove that like kiwi judges, our mods can be conned ........
Proves no such thing, but thanks anyway

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
saint66au wrote:Yes...poochy in any of his incarnations was and will be banned immediately
why?

For what he's done in previous lives or new history since poochy2008 came about??
Well, for starters he logged on here (whilst banned) and mentioned something to the effect that he will never be stopped on posting...

Silly really, take the ban and come back IMO......

But to gloat about being able to post whilst being banned, and then rub it in their face (mods), is another thing IMO..

Don't worry, I believe he may have a "guest appearance" in the Foxtel Comedy Hit.........

"Stupid Stupid Man".......

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
why?

Well, for starters he logged on here (whilst banned) and mentioned something to the effect that he will never be stopped on posting...

Silly really, take the ban and come back IMO......

But to gloat about being able to post whilst being banned, and then rub it in their face (mods), is another thing IMO..

Don't worry, I believe he may have a "guest appearance" in the Foxtel Comedy Hit.........

"Stupid Stupid Man".......
OK fair enough, he is a bit silly.

But I like him on here for entertainment value......and his stalkers.

You must admit, Poochy is a great fisherman!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
karnaby
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:

Interesting that you seem to prefer your own entertainment over the feelings of a lot of your fellow saintsationalists. I'm sure that you know as well as anyone else that he upsets a lot of people & yet, seemingly, you are happy for that upset to continue for your "entertainment value".

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

karnaby wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Interesting that you seem to prefer your own entertainment over the feelings of a lot of your fellow saintsationalists. I'm sure that you know as well as anyone else that he upsets a lot of people & yet, seemingly, you are happy for that upset to continue for your "entertainment value".
It's interesting how many people on here bite, and that's what he thrives on.

Poochy is a fisherman....if he doesn't get bites, he goes quiet and it wouldn't be an issue!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I was surprised and disappointed the GT thread was locked as I thought it was an excellent article and well worthy of discussion.

However, it's not my call, maybe it was a case of nipping it in the bud before the usual suspects went beserk and ruined it.

I'd love to see a good solid GT thread weighing up the pros/cons, but I fear that's beyond the capacity of some posters here, and thus I suppose the locking might be justified...(just putting it out there)

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.