January 22 - New Saintsational board rules

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

battye
Saintsational Legend

January 22 - New Saintsational board rules

Over the past few weeks the moderators and administrators have been discussing a new set of rules. We feel that the new rules are very clear and fair. If you have any comments or questions, please post them in this thread and we'll be happy to help.

To all users of the Saintsational.com forum:

The moderators and administrators have created a set of updated and revised rules, which includes a more structured process for warning and banning users.

Currently, the banning/moderating of posts on this forum is very subjective, and the aim of these new rules is to make the moderating process more objective and clear cut to the forum’s users.

With the introduction of these new rules, the “slate is wiped cleanâ€
Last edited by battye on Tue 22 Jan 2008 4:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
GrumpyOne

Section 1, Rule 1A........ Is there any other type of post?

battye
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:Section 1, Rule 1A........ Is there any other type of post?
No :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:wink:

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

One that is polite, informative, funny, insightful, concise, explanatory, solves a problem or creates discussion that is also polite, informative, funny or insightful.

So there's a bit of room to move for us mods :)

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
GrumpyOne

Oh When the Saints wrote:
One that is polite, informative, funny, insightful, concise, explanatory, solves a problem or creates discussion that is also polite, informative, funny or insightful.

So there's a bit of room to move for us mods :)
Gee..... That's a pretty narrow target to hit. :wink:

Saints94
SS Life Member

I like them rules its more straight to the

point

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

As a suggestion as stickies easily overlooked, perhaps retitle the OP to be:

New Sainsational Board Rules as of 22 Jan

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
battye
Saintsational Legend

Good idea, I've included the date in the title.

JeffDunne

The only comment I would add is that I hope you're fair dinkum.

We've seen these sort of announcements before only to see things go back to the usual standard.

ttufc7
Club Player

The only comment I would add is that I hope you're fair dinkum.

We've seen these sort of announcements before only to see things go back to the usual standard.
That wouldn't contavene section 1a as a disrespectful post would it! :wink:

JeffDunne

lol

Probably.

Depends on who reads it I guess.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I'd also like to concur with Jeffery and hope your sincere in your efforts.

I think its shows a level of maturity to admit the previous banning process lacked transparency and was at best subjective in its application so anything that aims to increase objectivity Im all in favor of. I also appreciate its not an exact science so you do what you can.

The only point that Id add is its one thing to have rules (we've had them before) its another to have them applied inconsistently. IMO get the application of the rules consistent and elimination of grey areas becomes a whole lot easier as ALL forum members know where they stand and what to expect. Turning a blind eye to some...while repeatedly warning others weakens the impact your after and makes a mockery of your rules (please understand Im not simply referring to my situation here -Im talking across the board).

If your fair dinkum that shouldn't be an issue but only time will tell us that.

“Yeah….nah””
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Thanks for the constructive feedback guys. We will try to be as consistent & fair as is humanly possible.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:I'd also like to concur with Jeffery and hope your sincere in your efforts.
We have new measures in place to ensure that they are followed through with.

They walk amongst us...

GrumpyOne

HSVKing wrote:
Teflon wrote:I'd also like to concur with Jeffery and hope your sincere in your efforts.
Are those measures .22 or .38?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

We are now just in the process of getting GT reappointed to the Club in some role, to ensure the new rules get a thorough testing :P

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:
What is "followed through with" HSV - the new rules or the consistent application of them?

Be interested to know what these measures are and do they also include reviewing moderator performance from time to time....we are all human an prone to errors....

“Yeah….nah””
battye
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:What is "followed through with" HSV - the new rules or the consistent application of them?

Be interested to know what these measures are and do they also include reviewing moderator performance from time to time....we are all human an prone to errors....
Yes, and we are also trying to cut down on costs while increasing efficiency :roll:

This is a typical internet forum, not a corporation. The old rules, I felt, were unclear and at times ambiguous. Now, if you break a rule, the process will be very clear - you will get a PM stating which rule you've broken and where, as well as a link to that rule on the rules page. Very simple. Three such warnings and you receive a temporary ban, so in effect you have 2 "chances".

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:
Teflon wrote:What is "followed through with" HSV - the new rules or the consistent application of them?

Yes, and we are also trying to cut down on costs while increasing efficiency :roll:

This is a typical internet forum, not a corporation. The old rules, I felt, were unclear and at times ambiguous. Now, if you break a rule, the process will be very clear - you will get a PM stating which rule you've broken and where, as well as a link to that rule on the rules page. Very simple. Three such warnings and you receive a temporary ban, so in effect you have 2 "chances".
Thank you Battye - I appreciate the sarcasm and am glad we've now set out on a much clearer course to erradicate it from the forum.... :shock: (thatd be rule 1.1)

I think the genuine point I raised (prior to corporate sarcasm) was - keep coming up with all the rules you like - apply them with no shred of consistency amongst moderators and they serve only to provide increased confusion for forum members with respect to the "banning" process.

The AFL has hundreds of rules....yet always the players bemoan the performance of the umpires in their application of these rules as the greatest cause of confusion. Hands in the back rulefor marking contests was, on paper, very clear. However, applied with the consistency of diahorea it became farcical....

By the way - anyone who enters this site appreciates mods and co devote their time to what is by and large a great forum - but if your gonna post "rules" up in a sticky topic......try and appreciate they will generate discussion before reverting to the rolly eyes?

“Yeah….nah””
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

I have been officially "warned" for comments I have made in a now deleted thread in the General Forum re the tennis player Tsonga.

For the life of me I cannot recall ever abusing the OP on this issue, and made references about his father being a large person and also compared him first to Jason Gram and later Andy Roddick..

Both the same height but weigh 2 - 3Kgs less.

I am posting this in a public forum so that all mods are on the same page...

If a poster (in the mind of a mod) has abused another poster then please save that abuse........

If a poster (in the mind of a mod) has abused another poster and the mod has had call to "edit" that post, please leave a notation of the edit on the post.

I will cop this "three month warning" on the chin, but really the mods need to be on the same page and follow a "procedure" that is clearly defined IMO.

Mods, please copy any abusive post for your own record and make any necessary amendment to that post and also leave some notation on the amended post of such.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:As a suggestion as stickies easily overlooked, perhaps retitle the OP to be:

yeah....i'm with you..........i don't read stickies or look at the top posts on either forum....hence i didn't even know there were new rules..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ....until i ran foul of them......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
GrumpyOne

stinger wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:As a suggestion as stickies easily overlooked, perhaps retitle the OP to be:

yeah....i'm with you..........i don't read stickies or look at the top posts on either forum....hence i didn't even know there were new rules..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ....until i ran foul of them......
Surely you're not running with the Ignorance Defence Sting? :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:

Surely you're not running with the Ignorance Defence Sting? :wink:

well....surprised more than ignorant....i don't read rules either....before or now....... :roll: :wink: :lol: :evil:

one of the mods quoted two to me recently...don't have a clue what they were......copped my first official warning though......contrary to what others have stated......and for a minor indiscretion too......

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:one of the mods quoted two to me recently...don't have a clue what they were......copped my first official warning though......contrary to what others have stated......and for a minor indiscretion too......
Well, you're no different to anyone else on this forum.

You don't like the way it's going to be run, we're not stopping you leaving.

They walk amongst us...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:
stinger wrote:one of the mods quoted two to me recently...don't have a clue what they were......copped my first official warning though......contrary to what others have stated......and for a minor indiscretion too......
Well, you're no different to anyone else on this forum.

You don't like the way it's going to be run, we're not stopping you leaving.
\
that's a fairly obnoxious post :roll: :roll: :roll:

i didn't say i was.(different that is)..nor do i regard myself as such......but thanks for the advice........