No SPONSOR/S costing $$$$$$$$ !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

No SPONSOR/S costing $$$$$$$$ !!

The absence of an announcement of a major sponsor/s for 2008 would be costing the club money.

Merchandise sales would be almost zero because of the absence of any 2008 on field-off field gear. This would be magnified with Christmas just around the corner where saints fans would normally purchase these items as Christmas presents.

The longer it goes on without any announcements, the more it is going to cost the club. There is also the level of angst amongst us fans/members too :roll: !!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

mentioned the plain black polos to someone today and they said how good they looked- and I did hear some media describe the saints panel for the draft as imposing in the black.
( as opposed to the all red of bombers and demons or all white that many have gone for)

and I felt the '100% saint' shirt on Fraser quite appropriate.:)

BUT I agree, the inability to sell onfield gear will hurt in the short term,

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
RBnW
Club Player

Re: No SPONSOR/S costing $$$$$$$$ !!

Eastern wrote:The absence of an announcement of a major sponsor/s for 2008 would be costing the club money.

Merchandise sales would be almost zero because of the absence of any 2008 on field-off field gear. This would be magnified with Christmas just around the corner where saints fans would normally purchase these items as Christmas presents.

The longer it goes on without any announcements, the more it is going to cost the club. There is also the level of angst amongst us fans/members too :roll: !!
Not as much as getting the wrong sponsor and having to change it every year like Bill Express and Vodafone deals, It has been reported that we have a 3 year deal with a big company or did you selectivley miss that, after all it was good news,......... I also heard this on 3AW that it was $6m for 3 years, morer good news....so it can't be far away, maybe they are getting the details right before they let it loose, could that be the case,..... getting it all ready for a big launch, no that would be good news too....but nothing like a doom and gloom headline to get some attention, buy a gift voucher from the shop at the club if you want to give a present then the person can buy what they want to, why dont you put that idea up instead of your doom and gloom,......... make sure you post an apology when the major sponsorship is announced....maybe you would like the club to guarantee winning every game in 2008 as well......if we are worried about a few sales of new jumpers for Christmas we are in trouble.....
The club has put together a group of players and back room people like we have never seen before to give us a real crack at a flag and you're worried about wheather we will sell a few jumbers for Christmas........please, get down to training and watch the talent we have and the way the coaching group are working and the way the players are responding...... time to move on brother this is a new St Kilda.....:evil:

Our best is yet
to come......
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

RBnW wrote:
Eastern wrote:The absence of an announcement of a major sponsor/s for 2008 would be costing the club money.

Not as much as getting the wrong sponsor and having to change it every year like Bill Express and Vodafone deals, It has been reported that we have a 3 year deal with a big company or did you selectivley miss that, after all it was good news,......... I also heard this on 3AW that it was $6m for 3 years, morer good news....so it can't be far away, maybe they are getting the details right before they let it loose, could that be the case,..... getting it all ready for a big launch, no that would be good news too....but nothing like a doom and gloom headline to get some attention, buy a gift voucher from the shop at the club if you want to give a present then the person can buy what they want to, why dont you put that idea up instead of your doom and gloom,......... make sure you post an apology when the major sponsorship is announced....maybe you would like the club to guarantee winning every game in 2008 as well......if we are worried about a few sales of new jumpers for Christmas we are in trouble.....
The club has put together a group of players and back room people like we have never seen before to give us a real crack at a flag and you're worried about wheather we will sell a few jumbers for Christmas........please, get down to training and watch the talent we have and the way the coaching group are working and the way the players are responding...... time to move on brother this is a new St Kilda.....:evil:
Like everyone, I have been hearing that an announcement is due in the next couple of weeks. This has been going on for 6-8 weeks now. Every week that this drags on it costs the club in potential merchandise sales. The club constantly tells us that direct merchandise sales are a fantastic revenue stream.

If you bothered to read my post properly you might realise that I was talking about maximising profits, not doom & gloom as you suggest !!

Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

Eastern wrote:
RBnW wrote:

Like everyone, I have been hearing that an announcement is due in the next couple of weeks. This has been going on for 6-8 weeks now. Every week that this drags on it costs the club in potential merchandise sales. The club constantly tells us that direct merchandise sales are a fantastic revenue stream.

If you bothered to read my post properly you might realise that I was talking about maximising profits, not doom & gloom as you suggest !!
Eastern has only ever shown doom & gloom after driving lessons with a couple of people from this site. :lol: :lol:

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
RBnW
Club Player

Eastern wrote:
RBnW wrote:

well my mistake...lets hope we sell lots of jumpers from the shop and we will have a great year......
The whole Footy First era was pitched at Footy First, not Profits First we just got rid of that lot.... cause it didn't work, remember, made a profit finished 3rd, made a profit finished 4th, made aprofit finished 8th, made a profit finished 9th.....but we did sell lots of jumpers....so you must be happy......have I misunderstood you again........I just looked back at where we finished on the jumper sales ladder pre Christmas for the last 5 years and yes there we are on top, year after year...I can see why that would make you happy.......

Our best is yet
to come......
Mooksy
Club Player

A friend pointed out to me recently St Kilda never seems to have any long term sponsors like other clubs do. This is a concern I reckon.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

That would be, only team to make a loss, finished 9th.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
RBnW
Club Player

Mooksy wrote:A friend pointed out to me recently St Kilda never seems to have any long term sponsors like other clubs do. This is a concern I reckon.
3 years, $6m, global company, new board, great list....might just change all that......but will we sell any jumpers before Christmas....
You're friend is right...we have changed too many over the years, Pura Milk, Morgage House, Bill Express, Vodafone and The Age will go the same way if we don't take up the club offer.
Its pretty clear that if we all supported the sponsors, really supported them, by taking up thier offers and using and buying thier products they would stay, but for some reason we don't then we all winge when our club looses a big sponsor, its like the Age offer, why don't we all take it up, last year it was about 5000 that took it up, but we have 32,000 members, thats why you loose sponsors, did you move to Vodafone, obviously not enough of us did, did we all switch our home loan to Morgage House....brother look no further for the answer its in the mirror.........if the members and supporters work together we would never loose a sponsor......look at the Swans and Weagles all long term sponsors who are so well supported by the club supporters that they don't go anywhere....that is the reason

Our best is yet
to come......
RBnW
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:That would be, only team to make a loss, finished 9th.
yes but we sold a lot of jumpers........

Our best is yet
to come......
Rice Paper
Club Player

RBnW wrote:
Mooksy wrote:A friend pointed out to me recently St Kilda never seems to have any long term sponsors like other clubs do. This is a concern I reckon.
3 years, $6m, global company, new board, great list....might just change all that......but will we sell any jumpers before Christmas....
You're friend is right...we have changed too many over the years, Pura Milk, Morgage House, Bill Express, Vodafone and The Age will go the same way if we don't take up the club offer.
Its pretty clear that if we all supported the sponsors, really supported them, by taking up thier offers and using and buying thier products they would stay, but for some reason we don't then we all winge when our club looses a big sponsor, its like the Age offer, why don't we all take it up, last year it was about 5000 that took it up, but we have 32,000 members, thats why you loose sponsors, did you move to Vodafone, obviously not enough of us did, did we all switch our home loan to Morgage House....brother look no further for the answer its in the mirror.........if the members and supporters work together we would never loose a sponsor......look at the Swans and Weagles all long term sponsors who are so well supported by the club supporters that they don't go anywhere....that is the reason
Totally agree RBnW, especially with The Age offer. It must be the easiest of the sponsor offer to take up and the cheapest. I think our sponsorship with them is also dictated by how many subscriptions are sold as well, so if we can get the 5000 subs to 10,000 for example our sponsorships money goes up accordingly.

The Vodafone sponsorship only lasted a very short time and they could never have offered anything for poeple to change over. I would have changed over but I had to pay a fee so I just didn't do it, it has to be made easier to change mobile phone providers.

freeseptember
Club Player

Pretty confident that multiple sponsors will be announced in next week or so.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

RBnW wrote:
Eastern wrote:
RBnW wrote:

well my mistake...lets hope we sell lots of jumpers from the shop and we will have a great year......
The whole Footy First era was pitched at Footy First, not Profits First we just got rid of that lot.... cause it didn't work, remember, made a profit finished 3rd, made a profit finished 4th, made aprofit finished 8th, made a profit finished 9th.....but we did sell lots of jumpers....so you must be happy......have I misunderstood you again........I just looked back at where we finished on the jumper sales ladder pre Christmas for the last 5 years and yes there we are on top, year after year...I can see why that would make you happy.......
RBnW

I see you have a bee in your bonnett and it appears to be clouding your judgement.

Off Field profits & On Field success are not mutually exclusive. In fact we should aim for both. That is the guts of the message !!

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

freeseptember wrote:Pretty confident that multiple sponsors will be announced in next week or so.
Not attacking you personally, but I've been hearing this for over 3 months now, ever since the new board got in.

How many more "1 or 2 weeks" are we going to give them? They need to wrap up some companies and start producing guernseys, polos, etc. To be honest, they needed to do this ages ago.

Its really not good enough.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

RBnW wrote:

The whole Footy First era was pitched at Footy First, not Profits First we just got rid of that lot.... cause it didn't work, remember, made a profit finished 3rd, made a profit finished 4th, made aprofit finished 8th, made a profit finished 9th.....but we did sell lots of jumpers.....
was??

I thought FF were still in control???

Anyway assuming that they are still there I thought that the FF take on things was also that income had to be increased so that expenditure on football department can be increased.....as well as also providing increased benefits to members.....so FF are not Profit First...but they are quite clearly meant to be Income First as well...

If they do not achieve a large increase in income then they will not be able to deliver on their platform.

Income from jumper sales does not have to be turned into profit....it can be turned into more gym equipment etc.....

However Major Sponsorhips cannot be rushed...and if it means effecting jumper sales then so be it....it is going to effect a loss in jumper sales...

we assume that the extra sponosrship $$4 will more than offset it.

As long as they have big fish or two on the hook I am happy that it may take a bit longer for them to be landed.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:
freeseptember wrote:Pretty confident that multiple sponsors will be announced in next week or so.
Not attacking you personally, but I've been hearing this for over 3 months now, ever since the new board got in.

How many more "1 or 2 weeks" are we going to give them? They need to wrap up some companies and start producing guernseys, polos, etc. To be honest, they needed to do this ages ago.

Sponsorship negotiations take months, and the new board have been there exactly 8 weeks ... not the "over 3 months" you say they have.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Sponsorship announcement ....... 2 weeks

A Hamill ....................................... 2 weeks

Consistent down at Moorabbin/ Frankston/ Casey/ Southport this mob are!

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:
riccardo wrote:

Sponsorship negotiations take months, and the new board have been there exactly 8 weeks ... not the "over 3 months" you say they have.
If they take months, why have we been hearing 2 weeks for 8 weeks.

Don't honestly care if its been 8 weeks, 8 years 8 minutes, SFF promised they had sponsors ready to sign up when they took control - yet (and mind you this is the whole point) nothing has happened to this point.

Sick of the excuses and the stalling at this point. I voted for these clowns and know am utterly dissolusioned with the lack of communication on this issue.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

riccardo wrote:Sick of the excuses and the stalling at this point. I voted for these clowns and know am utterly dissolusioned with the lack of communication on this issue.
Another one sucked in........

saintly
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:
Oh When the Saints wrote:
riccardo wrote:

If they take months, why have we been hearing 2 weeks for 8 weeks.

Don't honestly care if its been 8 weeks, 8 years 8 minutes, SFF promised they had sponsors ready to sign up when they took control - yet (and mind you this is the whole point) nothing has happened to this point.

Sick of the excuses and the stalling at this point. I voted for these clowns and know am utterly dissolusioned with the lack of communication on this issue.
the issue is , that you've been hearing 2 weeks. from rumours not footy first.

as far as i have seen they have not said much about sponsors as yet.

rumours abound about 2 weeks.

bozza1980
Club Player

It would just be good to finally lock it away.

That said it is refreshing to see St Kilda people not tarted up like Nascar drivers with 400 sponsers on their shirts!!!

freeseptember
Club Player

Riccardo - the deals are effectively done subject to minor details. This is not rumour, this is fact. They have not been made public as yet cos not finalised but take it as a given that we have a new major sponsor and a couple smaller sponsors. Cant say exactly when it will be announced but it will happen.

spert
Saintsational Legend

As Reiwoldt said to Westaway ..not exactly, but, "you talked the talk, now walk the walk". Where's the sponsors Mr.Westaway?.. it is getting very late in the year and we should really have announced something by now. Apparently Christmas is going to happen, but we cant say anything yet..it will happen believe me.

freeseptember
Club Player

Spert - you will be the first to know.

yipper
SS Life Member

freeseptember wrote:Riccardo - the deals are effectively done subject to minor details. This is not rumour, this is fact. They have not been made public as yet cos not finalised but take it as a given that we have a new major sponsor and a couple smaller sponsors. Cant say exactly when it will be announced but it will happen.
Good news - I heard that it was all done and dusted!! Would be exceptionally good to announce prior to the Xmas break in my opinion.. Give the fans some extra joy for the break and have them queuing for their memberships after Xmas!! But no doubt the powers that be will decide in due course..

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.