Casey Scorps - Need a St Kilda captain?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jezza
Club Player

Casey Scorps - Need a St Kilda captain?

Given that they have lost some experience,who will captain the side.They do not have any one there who would be good enough.Perhaps we could rotate a Saints player through every week to give them the experience of leading a side.

What do you think?

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

No...
They can have any player that can't get a game for the Saints like we do every year but there is absolutely no way known that we would play a starting 22 at Casey to give them some help...
Who cares if they win the flag or come last, the only need we have for Casey are to develop our younger players so we certainly wont be sending our established players to kill it for them....

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Make Robert Eddy captain.

He's a genuine leader, and was in his junior days. It would give him fantastic experience, and he is likely to be on the rookie list for most of the year, although I hope he is promoted.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Yep, agree with OWTS.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Oh When the Saints wrote:Make Robert Eddy captain.

He's a genuine leader, and was in his junior days. It would give him fantastic experience, and he is likely to be on the rookie list for most of the year, although I hope he is promoted.
n1ck wrote:Yep, agree with OWTS.
Yeah I think thats a good idea making Eddy the Captain of the Scorps.

Make someone from the Scorps Vice-Captain and if Eddy gets elevated then that person can be the Captain.

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Its quite clear most of us (including me, I'll admit) have no clue of how a VFL/AFL alignment works.

As if we could just tell Casey what to do and they'd bend over for us and do it. :roll:

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

riccardo wrote:As if we could just tell Casey what to do and they'd bend over for us and do it. :roll:
How would you know this if you have no clue how a VFL/AFL alignment works ?? :roll: :roll:

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I thought that B Voss was a chance to play at Casey in 2008. He would make an ideal captain !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I cannot believe people would think that a Saints player would be captain. Shouldnt be and will not be. Not sure who will be captain but will not be a Saints player.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Eastern wrote:I thought that B Voss was a chance to play at Casey in 2008. He would make an ideal captain !!
He's at Old Haileybury for 2008 Eastern...

The Saints are coming!
adobe
Club Player

[quote="Armoooo"]No...
They can have any player that can't get a game for the Saints like we do every year but there is absolutely no way known that we would play a starting 22 at Casey to give them some help...
Who cares if they win the flag or come last, the only need we have for Casey are to develop our younger players so we certainly wont With an
attitude like that the quicker the Casey Scopions get rid of the St Kilda
alignment the better the club will be for their players and supporters.As far as leaders are concerned we have four young guys in Obrien,Silvagni ,
Matthews and Garubba. Who played more games in the first than your
draftees and rookies who played in the reserves. :

Darryl Strawberry

Wouldnt Biagi be an option he won a b & f and he would have played 60 odd games or obrien he captained the gippy power to a flag and is a good VFL player it would be disrespectful to give to a saints player no one would want it.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

True Blue Sainter wrote:
Eastern wrote:I thought that B Voss was a chance to play at Casey in 2008. He would make an ideal captain !!
He's at Old Haileybury for 2008 Eastern...
How old are his kids? Securing their future perhaps.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

definately not a saints player, it would be like winning second prize in a beauty contest to them.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
casey scorp
Club Player

riccardo wrote:Its quite clear most of us (including me, I'll admit) have no clue of how a VFL/AFL alignment works.

As if we could just tell Casey what to do and they'd bend over for us and do it. :roll:
LTN16 wrote:
riccardo wrote:As if we could just tell Casey what to do and they'd bend over for us and do it. :roll:
How would you know this if you have no clue how a VFL/AFL alignment works ?? :roll: :roll:

For someone who professes not to know, Riccardo's quite insightful.

I can't claim to know all that much about it, but what I do know is that every alignment is different. There is no doubt however that the AFL clubs are in the drivers seat - they provide:

* money and coaches
* players who augment the VFL list.

However, they are also fickle and provide uncertainty for the VFL club, because the VFL club just really doesn't know where it stands. The movement in and out of alignment (refer to Collingwood) set in train a series of changes that left Werribee without an AFL team for a while, before AFL heavies beat them up and made them take half of the Kangaroos.

The VFL clubs are mostly independent. They have to be, because they need to be ready on short notice to survive on their own. You can't do that if you have sold your soul to an AFL team. The identity of the VFL team and the commitment of the VFL players to the team are obvious requirements for a team to succeed on its own, and these won't be there if the club is seen just as a "seconds" to the AFL team.

So, Riccardo's right - they won't just bend over (to everything). They might agree with some/most things because it is advantageous.

To the captain issue - I agree with Armooo; St Kilda wouldn't want to put a top 22 player into the Scorps even on a rotating basis. plugger66 is right - it won't be a saints player.

The club is the Casey Scorpions, and every club needs a captain. Not a bloke who drops in to play from another club.

jezza
Club Player

Casey Scorps Captain

Hey Casey Scorps,is there any one at Casey left who could get a regular game ,be a dominant player and inspire the St Kilda Players,like Harrison and Carmody did.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

I dont see any reason why Eddy could not be named captain.

He is a star in the making, and is likely to play every week in the seniors (barring injury).

Is hard and tough in close, in and under.

Inspiring to his team mates.

Certainly with the flood of players leaving, and St.Kilda having a stronger hand over the running / performance / organisation of Casey, it would be a good move.

iceman
Club Player

Eddy wont be captain. he is a good player though, and one of the few who fits in without any trouble at Casey (he was a Gippy player and was signed at Scoprions before St. Kilda picked him up)

The captain will come from the Casey players, they have a very young leadership group, but it is one that is well repected by the Casey players, 1 or 2 mature recruits once the PSD etc. is out of the way and they can fill the weekley on field leadership.

Brooksy_Babe_24
Club Player

Kyle MAtthews would have to be the only obvious choice for the position

Brooksy I'll never Forget you

AKA Austinn's_Honey & Troy's_Gal
NEVER EVER BAG YOUR OWN PLAYERS

http://blog.myspace.com/sexc_saz