chances of the roos staying in melbourne.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

chances of the roos staying in melbourne.....

...i saw this thread on big footy....gave me a laugh......

'There's a greater chance of;

Johnny Howard being re-elected PM of Australia
The Pope converting to Islam
Carlton winning the 2008 Premiership
Iran electing a gay president
Shane Warne being faithful to Simone

Than the Roos staying here in Victoria"

......feel free to add your own....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

its sad that they are going

the fact remains that both clubs we in the same financial situation when rb and co came on board and helped us turn things around

so in the end...we live

they die

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
karnak
Club Player

better outcome than merging.

Sam Gilbert you are an EXCITEMENT MACHINE!
linz
Club Player

I hope they go. Less pressure on us then. I know I'm a selfish bastard but it is us against them (Dog eat dog etc.)

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Of course Kangaroo fans don't want them to shift, but the facts are they don't get the support in Melb they need. I think the GC would embrace them, I can't say a manufactured team would get the same support from ex Victorians.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
No1_Saint
Club Player

Kinda sucks that they have been put in this position...how many times has our club come close to that?

Let's not kid ourselves in thinking it can't happen to us either. The new home in Frankston goes a long way in securing the clubs future, but the fact is revenue is woefully low as is non football related revenue streams.

I wish the AFL would pass some of the cash they want to throw at the Kangaroos for profit making assets...that would be sweet.

What's the point of my rant....I think we should be less inclined to support an AFL push to disenfranchise Kangaroos supporters when our own future is not set in concrete. At the very least we should be supporting the basic premise that the clubs supporters and not the AFL have the right to determine their future on their terms.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

more importantly are they taking away the games up on the gold coast next year and thus are we playing them down in melbourne?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:more importantly are they taking away the games up on the gold coast next year and thus are we playing them down in melbourne?
Possibly..but if they do they are replacing them with a select group of games at the AFL's discretion..and if you reckon that wnt include a Saints game..then..well it will I say..set in stone

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
stinger
Saintsational Legend

No1_Saint wrote:Kinda sucks that they have been put in this position...how many times has our club come close to that?

Let's not kid ourselves in thinking it can't happen to us either. The new home in Frankston goes a long way in securing the clubs future, but the fact is revenue is woefully low as is non football related revenue streams.

I wish the AFL would pass some of the cash they want to throw at the Kangaroos for profit making assets...that would be sweet.

What's the point of my rant....I think we should be less inclined to support an AFL push to disenfranchise Kangaroos supporters when our own future is not set in concrete. At the very least we should be supporting the basic premise that the clubs supporters and not the AFL have the right to determine their future on their terms.
we are nothing like the roos.....they are whores...sold their soul long ago.....and whores get flowered...the way of the world. i'm afraid.......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
helsy3
Club Player

stinger wrote:
we are nothing like the roos.....they are whores...sold their soul long ago.....and whores get flowered...the way of the world. i'm afraid.......
Strong words........shame......about.......the.......grammar........ :)

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: chances of the roos staying in melbourne.....

stinger wrote:...i saw this thread on big footy....gave me a laugh......

'There's a greater chance of;

Johnny Howard being re-elected PM of Australia
The Pope converting to Islam
Carlton winning the 2008 Premiership
Iran electing a gay president
Shane Warne being faithful to Simone

Than the Roos staying here in Victoria"

......feel free to add your own....
Grant Thomas inviting b4e around for a bbq !!

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i think the main problem with the roos is most of their fans wont put their money where their mouth is .. in perth i know of about 15 kangaroos supporters (and thats just in my work place) and i ask how many of them are members ? none thats how many every one of them cant be bothered or say its a waste of money and in the same breath spout how they love their club , now i know perths roos suporters wouldnt make much differance but on the flip side every single saints fan i know has signed up for this year i know 4 dees suporters who sign up each year i know calrton members even a bulldogs member but im yet to meet (other then the boss stokesy) a kangaroos member

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
Solar wrote:more importantly are they taking away the games up on the gold coast next year and thus are we playing them down in melbourne?
Possibly..but if they do they are replacing them with a select group of games at the AFL's discretion..and if you reckon that wnt include a Saints game..then..well it will I say..set in stone
Yep... players like Riewoldt from Southport dont come along very often. The AFL would be stupid not to schedule a saints match up there for that fact alone.

Dont forget Gilbert and Armitage too.

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

reckon its about time you bit the bullet trav....front up to stokesy & tell him he either becomes our major sponsor & shows all saints games live into w.a or he can stick his job up his arze

imo he will buckle to your demands & if he doesnt i'll buy you a beer

No1_Saint
Club Player

stinger wrote:
No1_Saint wrote:Kinda sucks that they have been put in this position...how many times has our club come close to that?

True that...but South Melbourne weren't...nor were Fitzroy and look how they were screwed over. I am just saying we should pay attention to what the AFL is doing here as it probably won't end with the Roos.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

rogerwa wrote:reckon its about time you bit the bullet trav....front up to stokesy & tell him he either becomes our major sponsor & shows all saints games live into w.a or he can stick his job up his arze

imo he will buckle to your demands & if he doesnt i'll buy you a beer
hehehe
dont think my missus would go for that idea .... you may have to make room for a lodger at your place rog !

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
karnak
Club Player

If they even hint at moving the Saints to another State, then you can expect me down at AFL house with about 1000 other Saints fans, exercising our right to a non violent protest.

Until I see Dimwit and at this point I can't promise anything, as I have a tendency to fire up!

Sam Gilbert you are an EXCITEMENT MACHINE!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

helsy3 wrote:
stinger wrote:
Strong words........shame......about.......the.......grammar........ :)
Also a shame about your pathetic club.

Only the edge of extinction as a Melbourne based entity do the board and other backers decide to extract the digit.

Where are the supporters/members?

Where is a solid administration?

Your club has been a dead set rabble for over a decade now.

Finally Brayshaw X 2 have come up and may do something constructive.

Private ownership of AFL clubs died well before Skase did!

bozza1980
Club Player

The Kangaroos are the unfortunate victim of there being too many clubs in Melbourne.

They are in a tight corner and it seems unlikely that they can extract themselves. From the outside it appears that the club does not have enough supporters to survive and thrive in Melbourne.

If they were to relocate it would be a sad day for their supporters but surely if they were to cease to exist altogether would be worse??

I guess it's easy for me as it isn't my club we are discussing, but I feel having the history live on elsewere is better than it stopping.

supersaints
Club Player

They will most likely go, if they do not the AFL will put another team up there or create a new liscence....THEN they will send the bulldogs to Sydneys western suburbs...

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!