Social Club membership capped at 8500

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Social Club membership capped at 8500

Just noticed in the Membership brochure that we have capped our SC membership at 8500, to ensure that every SC member gets a GF ticket should we make it

That, I guess, means the end of "Foundation" membership, which was supposed to get you priority access above other SC Members.

I think the ceiling ias a good idea. A class sub-system within the Social Club ranks is not ideal IMHO

Does anyone know how many SC members we have currently?

Just on GF tickets too, is a member who shells out for reserved seats every year less entitled to a GF ticket than a SC member? Is it based purely on how many bucks they throw at the Club. rather than their committment to attending games?

IMHO in the ideal world, I'd love to see the English Football model adopted, where priority to events with limited tickets (in their case away games, in ours prolly only the GF) is given to those who actuallly turn up every week, home or away.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

SC comes in first, which I why I upgraded after 97 :D

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
asiu

nice one !

what about us who cant get to games ?

given my club thousands over the years

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Social Club membership capped at 8500

saint66au wrote:Just on GF tickets too, is a member who shells out for reserved seats every year less entitled to a GF ticket than a SC member? Is it based purely on how many bucks they throw at the Club. rather than their committment to attending games?
What about a member who shells out for a reserved seat AND a SC membership?

Do they get extra entitlements?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:nice one !

what about us who cant get to games ?

given my club thousands over the years
exactomondo

gaz always buys a full social club membership, and due to his elitist bondi lifestyle, can't get too as many games as us plebs in metro melb

this though should not discriminate him from being able to attend a GF

when one consider's that one takes out a full social club membership year after year from afar, then there has to be some more tangible benefit and a carrot to help justify this

I understand your point Michael, BUT it does not cover all scenario's, as just mentioned

The real issue is, The AFL should increase the allocation to competing clubs

This is actually an absolute disgrace as the allocation to the competing club's does not go anywhere near where it should

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

concur.

its a crushing blow for fans who put their money into the club, put their time into the club to find all these blow ins who don't give a rats about either team, going to teh GF.

one of the worst things cain did was enforce the rights of MCC members and the MCG to host the GF.

there goes 1/3 to 1/4 of the tickets to a bunch of folks who generally have little or no relationship to the competiting clubs.

less than 1/5 of the ticket sales are given directly to the competiting club members and supporters :(

(about 20k go directly to the GF competiting teams), although many fans find tickeets through alternative means.

How good would it be for the 40k odd fans that turned up to st kilda v brisbane a few years ago at TD to all get tickets to watch st kilda play in a GF?

the phukcers complain about GF atmosphere? well maybe if some of the folks who go to games get a shot?

The sad reality is a football club is a 20 million dollar entity and about 25% of that income comes from memberships, so the 'corporates' get first dibs.

most folks with SC membership will be looking at shelling out somewhere in the vicinty of $500 or more for 08. normal members $150 or more. through in finals tickets, ticketed games, and for those with booked seats, about $1k or so for a year.

IMO the AFL final gets its wish to cut the fans out and leave it to the familys and the theatre goers :(

yes I get my SC and membership, but I also remember standing in the outer with my mates, many of whom have dropped out over the last 20 years, eating a pie watching plugger tear an arm of some sad fitzroy bloke and watching barker soar above packs, and following plugger from end to end with about 5k other people at the quarter time breaks, with the back wall stinking of spew and piss and ankle deep in mud.

its not sophisticated but that was footy then, I kind of miss that.

but with the flash new stadiums, 800k p/a CHFs, hi tech fitness centres, 250k medical experts, training staff, admin staff, merchandising staff, marketing staff etc comes costs which require revenue, hence the corporates.

its been a long time since the physio was a volunteer supporter who did the masasges on his day off, and the ladies auxilliary ran the memberships.

a bit of a mixed message, but the end is, if you don't pay, you don't get GFs :(

its unfair and people have different circumstances, and folks who have been members for 30 years are being burned off by the price and the demands, but thats the reality of football now.

SHUT UP KRIME!
asiu

bondi.....lol

dirty slovenly peasant infested backboneless migration ground for real estate agents , dowdy orthodox draft dodgers and american 'men' during february

i live in bellevue hill ......thankyou darling
:)

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I hear ya Barks..and I agree totally that cases like gaz's are totally justified :-) Ive been in the same boat too where work has kept me from all but a few games a year for quite a few years.

Gotta be some sort of mid-ground. I just hate the thought of wannabe poser fans getting tickets ahead of people who bleed for the Club but might not be in a position to support them financially as much as others.

You are right on the money with GF ticket allocation too. People are quick to blame the AFL/MCC Members, but why the freaking hell do non-competing Clubs need 1000 tickets each?????

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

We have lived in Qld for 16 years and kept our footy club and social club memberships going (its basically a donation). Because we can't go every week are you suggesting we don't deserve a GF ticket?

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:I hear ya Barks..and I agree totally that cases like gaz's are totally justified :-) Ive been in the same boat too where work has kept me from all but a few games a year for quite a few years.

Gotta be some sort of mid-ground. I just hate the thought of wannabe poser fans getting tickets ahead of people who bleed for the Club but might not be in a position to support them financially as much as others.

You are right on the money with GF ticket allocation too. People are quick to blame the AFL/MCC Members, but why the freaking hell do non-competing Clubs need 1000 tickets each?????
to keep their sponsors happy.

in 97 I knew the head honcho of the essendon cheer squad, I tried to hit him up for a ticket.

he got back to me and said none of the tix were going to essendon members, they were being fed the essendon corporates and sponsors.

SHUT UP KRIME!
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:We have lived in Qld for 16 years and kept our footy club and social club memberships going (its basically a donation). Because we can't go every week are you suggesting we don't deserve a GF ticket?
absolutely not.

Im saying that AFL is now for those who can throw the most money at the club.

I would love to see everyone who has a membership ticket of any sort get a seat.

the reality is corporate $$ are more valued than individuals.

you only have to listen to demetriou to realise the validity of that statement, and frankly its reflected on the clubs attitude as well.

SHUT UP KRIME!
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:What about a member who shells out for a reserved seat AND a SC membership?

Do they get extra entitlements?
Of course, they get to sit in their reserved seat for all of our Home matches!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

the last thing I meant to do was demean or lessen the contribution and passion our Country/Interstate/Overseas fans make. If I gave that impression a apologise. Perhaps I was a bit hasty with my demand for Emlbourne-based fans to get priority.

On the sponsorship issue..this Forum will be sponsoring a player in 2008. If the Club is fair dinkum then a pair of GF tickets out of the MINIMUM 1000 we will get seems fair. We arent (insert major sponsor here) but we sure as hell bleed for St Kilda more than 95% of our major sponsor's fans will.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

its pretty simple....
join the Cheer Squad and if we make the GF u have a high chance if sitting 1st level behind the goals! and no non-saints around you

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

but yeah.....i was a SC member this year, and so was dad. mainly for free entry to the victory room after our home games. even though its $5 for non sc members, and we paid an extra $100 for the membership, it would of been cheaper to stick with the normal membership, but at least we know that the extra $60 that we waisted on the cs membership is going to the club!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

* Foundation members are still rewarded for their continuity by receiving a guaranteed ticket, should St Kilda be a particpating Team in the Grand final.

pg 18 membership Brochure

underneath the capping information- and the waitlist for Social club information.
Last edited by saintbrat on Tue 13 Nov 2007 3:00pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

saintdooley wrote:its pretty simple....
join the Cheer Squad and if we make the GF u have a high chance if sitting 1st level behind the goals! and no non-saints around you
I suppose having to put up for a whole year with not hearing a peep for 80% of game time with the Cheer Squad ,punctuated by moments of hearing the word "WOOOOOOOOOO" and the occasional young fella booing the team off at half time would be worth getting a chance to go to the Granny.......

8-) :wink: :lol:

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:
I suppose having to put up for a whole year with not hearing a peep for 80% of game time with the Cheer Squad ,punctuated by moments of hearing the word "WOOOOOOOOOO" and the occasional young fella booing the team off at half time would be worth getting a chance to go to the Granny.......

who ever said you have to sit with us?
if you dont want to sit with us, dont, as if we would care.
the CS has just under 400 members.....only about 150 sit with us, what means the other 250 have realised if they pay $30 a year for a membership, and dont sit with us, they still have a good chance for level 1 GF ticket! its not that hard to figure out! :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

saintdooley wrote:
TimeToShineFellas wrote:

who ever said you have to sit with us?
if you dont want to sit with us, dont, as if we would care.
the CS has just under 400 members.....only about 150 sit with us, what means the other 250 have realised if they pay $30 a year for a membership, and dont sit with us, they still have a good chance for level 1 GF ticket! its not that hard to figure out! :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
I was only joking fella...............

Just adding some levity to the situation!

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

i think the cheer squad do an ok job.

throwing in their time as volunteers to make banners, etc, great work lads and lasses.

personally I'd rather sit wth the bay 35 yobbos, but keep up the good work :tu:

SHUT UP KRIME!
noddy

saint66au wrote:Just noticed in the Membership brochure that we have capped our SC membership at 8500, to ensure that every SC member gets a GF ticket should we make it

That, I guess, means the end of "Foundation" membership, which was supposed to get you priority access above other SC Members.

I think the ceiling ias a good idea. A class sub-system within the Social Club ranks is not ideal IMHO

Does anyone know how many SC members we have currently?

Just on GF tickets too, is a member who shells out for reserved seats every year less entitled to a GF ticket than a SC member? Is it based purely on how many bucks they throw at the Club. rather than their committment to attending games?

IMHO in the ideal world, I'd love to see the English Football model adopted, where priority to events with limited tickets (in their case away games, in ours prolly only the GF) is given to those who actuallly turn up every week, home or away.
So us (my wife and 2 sons ) who are all foundation social club members and who are 11 game members but because we dont get to many games in dear old melbourne because we live interstate should not get priority because we dont have Reserved Seats? we pay over a 1000 bucks a year for memberships we hardly get any use out of. work does come first Saints66. Interstate full members dont get to the xmas party, the family days, and we dont get the AGE newspaper offer yet we pay exactly the same as you Saints66. But as a LOYAl saints member we will continue to be paid up members cos we love the Saints

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Maybe if all those inactive CS members became active we would be able to hear them. Bet they would suddenly become active if they couldn't get finals tickets!

Qld Saints Supporter Group
stinger
Saintsational Legend

oh well...i though, better to get in early....just renewed my wife and my own social club membership.......lovely young girl on the phone too.....had a funny message on the on line renewal.....so gave it a miss......i'm on board for session 2008......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote: You are right on the money with GF ticket allocation too. People are quick to blame the AFL/MCC Members, but why the freaking hell do non-competing Clubs need 1000 tickets each?????
Why?

It's simple.....because the AFL just want to arse lick all the corporates/ie. clubs and let them scalp off the 1000 seats to make heaps of $$$.

It's clearly pathetic that major fundraiser for clubs has to be scalping GF tickets every year.....and it's all officially endorsed by the AFL, whilst slapping ebay scalpers over the wrist and telling them their naughty boys!

Even Eddie Everywhere is agreeing with you/me/commonsense.

There is more than enough money in the AFL coffers to spill a bit of revenue on GF day.

Heck, if they made the price of GF tickets to members more what they're worth (rather than $180 odd dollars it should be $250 to $300 a pop) and make an extra 15,000 tickets available, everyone would be happier.

Sure, you'd get those that are struggling financially complaining about the cost of GF tickets, but at least nearly twice as many would be available to club members.

If the sponsors/corporates are pissed off because they can't get freebee GF tickets, well, stuff them all.......let them live with it - there's still plenty of other games they can get freebees at etc!

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Dan Warna wrote:
one of the worst things cain did was enforce the rights of MCC members and the MCG to host the GF.
Dan here we go arguing again.....

I'm an MCC member was on the list for 15 years or so.....paying $550 or so a year to be a member including a "Re-Development" levy.....

Basically we "Own" that part of the ground don't we???

How could you say that it's fair to "Ditch" us when that cost is probably more than most supporters of other clubs are paying for their memberships along with their own version of social club membership???

I'm interested to hear why.....