Sponsor?????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint Mik
Club Player

Sponsor?????

Do we have a major sponsor yet?

The blues have got hyundi again 5 million for 3 years i think i heard on SEN this morning some record amount or some shyte Andy Marr the moron was going on about, and i wish it was us.

Do you think our board can top this deal of 5 million

Have they got that gaming bullshyte sorted yet?

What have they done since the big carry on to get in there?

Hope they deliver something massive but it seems very sleepy down at Moorabbin unless i have missed something :wink:

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Nothing yet, hopefully they're just ironing out the details otherwise we could be in some trouble.......

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Saint Mik
Club Player

That sounds like you are concerned Armooo.

How long before we start to hear tha chants of
BRING BACK BUTTERS :lol: or even a RB ROLL BACK :shock:

FFSaints do something FFSake chant could also be coming :roll:

Lets hope we have nothing to worry about, but it does have a certain feel about it at the moment i must admitt, still burnt from the past i suppose.

Time will tell but how much more time do they want before we start to ask some questions

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Maybe Westaways gaming licence got lost in the mail. :?:

I voted these guys in because they promised to do some good, they have done nothing so far, haven't even heard from them since they got in.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

They dont have to announce every single thing they do. I am sure things are moving along and announcements will only occur when there is something to announce.

Not a great fan of the new board and the way they went about things, however they need to be given a chance.

Interesting that people are concerned that they have heard nothing from the new board, but complained long and loud when Butterss was always being quoted.

Cant have it both ways.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

They've had two months, joffaboy how much more time do you want to give them?

I don't expect daily updates, but surely you consider a major sponsor and a training venue just a little bit important. I'd like to know how its going.

Saint Mik
Club Player

Westy cant hide behind Burkie forever.

Hope they know what they are doing besides spending the coin to improve our onfield performance.

Did our supporters get sucked into sending proxy's back to early will be the next thing to come out of this if they dont deliver soon.

Are we in good hands, how can you tell, nothing but silence.

Perhaps RL can take over the place after his trade week's performance :lol:

I'll vote for that :wink:

Go Sretnias Go
Club Player

Carlscum and $5M from Hyundi over 2 years I heard.
Do you believe them, I don't.

Their history tells me some back room deal has been done as they would at Visy. If they are getting $5M from Hyundi and with Pratt's money as well together with all the other "big deals" they are doing, I don't see any sign of the AFL being repaid the $3m lent to them to keep the crooks out of insolvency earlier this year.

Their record of trading from a financial perspective over the years leaves very little from a credibility point of view - go back to John Nicholls, John Elliott, Ian Collins eras and now Richard Pratt, a convicted cheat, so how can you trust them, you just can't.
Would love to know how Judd is being paid within the salary cap as well - are the brown paper bags back in vogue? :roll: :roll:

Once a Sainter always a Sainter.
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

I'm sure Pratt is changing his staff fleet at Visy over to Hyundai's or something ...
joffaboy wrote:Interesting that people are concerned that they have heard nothing from the new board, but complained long and loud when Butterss was always being quoted.

Cant have it both ways.
Spot on.

I was quite comfortable giving my proxy to the new board.

I am also quite comfortable in just waiting whilst they sort things out.

The comment from a staff member at the club that everyone is "a lot more relaxed" is enough for me for the moment. Speaks volumes.

All the signage has been taken down around Moorabbin, obviously to make way for new signage from new sponsors.

Patience is a virtue, especially if you cast a proxy in favour of SFF.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Saint Mik
Club Player

This is the part where i start my "who farkin cares how you get the job done"

How many flags do they have compared to us ,you can say all you like but the difference is they have the runs on the board and are now having another go at it.

What are we doing right now and what have we done in the past
F*** ALL.

Lets worry about us first, but i do wish it was us with the big sponsorship deal and i couldn't give a shyte where the money comes from its the flag that i want and what ever it takes.

Want a bit of movement at Moorrabbin and that includes the glass cabinet.

savatage
SS Life Member

riccardo wrote: haven't even heard from them since they got in.
Isn't that usually the sign of a good & cohesive board? Saying they haven't done anything is ridiculous. You don't have to hear anything, as long as behind the scenes they are getting things done.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Carlton have a $5m sponsorship deal and Geelong have a premiership.

Which would you rather?

What I am pleased about is that the club has addressed all the areas necessary for us to WIN a PREMIERSHIP - injury management, football operations, recruiting etc.

All that is in place.

So we've given ourselves the best chance at a flag starting from now.

The rest can come later ...

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Go Sretnias Go
Club Player

StMik, we havn't suffered from cheating the system - loss of picks, heavy fines etc.

freeseptember
Club Player

Stay tuned - you will all be impressed.

Saint Mik
Club Player

GSG,
One premeirship in 100+ years is suffering IMO.

I would put up with a loss of draft picks , fines ,ect, if it was to deliver a premiership like they did in the mid 90's and many times before that.

Hope we are impressed free September, 6 million over three years should do it :wink:

Everything should be in place from FFSaints for a flag, thats why alot of our supporters put them in charge to get the job done and finish what the others didn't, what ever it takes.

I hope FFSaints are having as much of a go as Carlton because they IMO are doing all the right things to get them the next premeirship and its killing me to think of what they have achieved in this off season, more than enough to have a good chance of being in the finals next season :evil: .

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:GSG,
One premeirship in 100+ years is suffering IMO.

I would put up with a loss of draft picks , fines ,ect, if it was to deliver a premiership like they did in the mid 90's and many times before that.

Hope we are impressed free September, 6 million over three years should do it :wink:

Everything should be in place from FFSaints for a flag, thats why alot of our supporters put them in charge to get the job done and finish what the others didn't, what ever it takes.

I hope FFSaints are having as much of a go as Carlton because they IMO are doing all the right things to get them the next premeirship and its killing me to think of what they have achieved in this off season, more than enough to have a good chance of being in the finals next season :evil: .

I would do the same if we won a premiership and then finished last for ten years running I wouldn't mind at all.

Don't cheat thou because cheating doesn't guareentee success in the short term, but guareentees penalties in the long term. Would you be happy if the saints finished top four for the next two years and then it's found out that they cheated and lose all of these draft picks, fines ect ect??

Saint Mik
Club Player

Wont be happy until we get a flag like the Blues did and IMO they look like going for another, if we get caught out after winning a premiership i couldn't give a toss.

Top four not good enough we have been there and done that time and time again, its that last day in September that matters.

Getting a great deal of millions of dollars for the club can only be a good thing no matter how they get the deal done, bring on the paper bags if that's what it is going to take to get the advantage over the rest of the comp.

As much as it kills me to say it, good luck to them if they are getting money from Pratty and putting it into the system on the books through sponsorship deals ect. , I just wish it was us not them and i hope our board can trump them with the sponsorship and get a better deal done.

Go Sretnias Go
Club Player

Going on what you guys want, a Premiership at any cost including cheating the system is acceptable is it, well it's definately not for me.
I suppose you would encourage the players to partake in a little performance enhancing medication then, would you. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Saint Mik
Club Player

Why do you need to revert back to drugs :roll:

Talking about the finances of the club from sponsors and paying players with paper bags of money ect if its going to result in a premiership like the Blues have done in the past and most likley in the present.

As if we would like our players to be on drugs :roll:

I'm really sick of the way drugs comes into it every time a new thread is opened.

Lets leave the drugs out and compare apples with apples

I'm saying i would take what was given to the Blues in fines and loss of draft picks ect. and copped it all after we had won the premeirship.

I would also take that sponsorship deal they have got from hyundi even if half of it came in the back door and i hope we can do better for the 08 season.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

St Kilda's football department > Carlton's football department.

Sponsorship/Pratt/cheating = Non Issue.

We are in a better position than Carlton to win a flag. Their $5m from Hyundai hasn't changed the fact that:
1) Our list is better
2) Our coach is better
3) Our injury management staff are better
4) Our football operations manager is better

Don't see how we aren't building towards a flag and they are :?:
freeseptember wrote:Stay tuned - you will all be impressed.
Good to hear.

Saint Mik
Club Player

OWTS,

Hope you are right but lets see if you are saying the same things in 12 months time, they have the Richest bloke in Aust (so to speak) as a Prez, they also have the best young kids coming through from number 1 draft picks over the last few seasons with another on the way, they have the best player in the comp and they have just anounced a record sponsorship deal thats the difference IMO and it shytes me. :twisted:

All your other facts are yet to be proven but i do hope you are correct in 12 months time by a long shot and they finish 9th in 08 like we have just done and we are at the top of the ladder :lol: .

Oh and the flag of course :wink:

St Igmata
Club Player

Oh When the Saints wrote:St Kilda's football department > Carlton's football department.

Sponsorship/Pratt/cheating = Non Issue.

We are in a better position than Carlton to win a flag. Their $5m from Hyundai hasn't changed the fact that:
1) Our list is better
2) Our coach is better
3) Our injury management staff are better
4) Our football operations manager is better

Don't see how we aren't building towards a flag and they are :?:
freeseptember wrote:Stay tuned - you will all be impressed.
Good to hear.
Highly optimistic synopsis but thats why were supporters.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Life would boring without rose-coloured glasses :D

yipper
SS Life Member

I have also heard some exciting and impressive announcements are about to happen. Quite happy for all the other clubs to have their moment in the sun for now whilst we get set for ours.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
St Mick
Club Player

Go Sretnias Go wrote:StMik, we havn't suffered from cheating the system - loss of picks, heavy fines etc.
You'd think while Carlton were crap we'd at least be able to snag one flag...I'm fed up with everyone saying next year will be the year. WHY NOT THIS YEAR :x