To prove that TOGETHER WE ARE ONE

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

karnak
Club Player

To prove that TOGETHER WE ARE ONE

I would like to see all of the Saints players get the Saints shield tattoo on their right arms.

If the olympic team get the aussie flag then why don't we get the Saints Emblem?

It would send a very strong message to players on other teams. Especially after a massive hip and shoulder.

Toughen up Saints! and claim what is rightfully ours! "THE FLAG"

Even if it was only for players in the leadership group and needs to be earned.
Last edited by karnak on Tue 13 Nov 2007 1:24am, edited 1 time in total.

Sam Gilbert you are an EXCITEMENT MACHINE!
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Not gonna happen.

ben_fff
Club Player

I think Barry Hall showed why that wasn't a good idea.

karnak
Club Player

If you're not gonna get a tattoo cause you think you'll be playing somewhere else in a few years then what the hell are ya doing?

Seriously, the message that this sends to the teammates and competition is one that the players are commited to one another and the club.

If our slogan this year is Together as One, then why not start acting like it, instead of taking the bloody soft option. Seriously, a few people around here need to toughen up!

So lets not just respond by saying not gonna happen etc, do you or do you not agree that it would or could have a positive effect on our teams onfield performance.

I think if we decide as a whole that this is the case, then it should be explored by our football department.

And no i'm not on crack but I do believe this is a good idea.

ben_fff
Club Player

I don't think it would make any difference to be honest, the core playing group has stayed intact for the last 4 seasons, I think that says enough about how much the Sainters mean to them.

The message they need to send is on the track by training hard and then on field by playing well and performing the way everyone knows they can.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

fact of football life is, players move on.

whether it be by their own choice, or forced on them by the club - it happens.

olympic team is completely different.

dont get me wrong, in a perfect world, id love all our players to have saints tats... voluntarily - because it would show that they bleed for the club, just like we do.

alot of them dont. footy may be their passion, but it's also their job, and st.kilda is their employer.

of course there are players who love the club. Robert Harvey is one of them, for example. I reckon Luke Ball and a few other blokes in our side at the moment do too, but tattoos should always be a personal choice, not forced upon someone.

karnak
Club Player

n1ck.

I agree with your sentiments regarding it being voluntary. Well I'd love to see the leadership group discuss this. And would be very very proud to see them adopt it. It would then be up to other players to get one if they chose .

And yes St Kilda is there employer, but morale and the head is where games are one! I think that this could really contribute to onfield performance.

I think it would be a nice touch.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

and does the club pay for it to be removed every time they delist/trade a player?

in all reality it is a totally ridiculous idea

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
karnak
Club Player

not if it is voluntary.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

but why show loyalty to the club that doesn't show loyalty to you?

you'd look like a complete dill if you had the saints emblem tattooed on your arm and then the next year they trade you on to another club

if they want the tattoo they can do it without discussing it or being told to by anyone, they shouldn't be 'guilted' into it by a group of players who think everyone should get one, no matter if they're the leadership group or not

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
karnak
Club Player

what are you talking about?

I believe the club has shown loyalty to the players in the leadership groups.

Ultimately a club needs to be loyal to both its players and its members. It is loyal to its members by cutting dead wood off the list. in the hope that it is able to get a premiership with top ups.

Players that are cut are usually done so because of lack of effort on the track. This is evident with keeping callaghan and Hamill for so long. Loyalty is a two way street. Players can't be expected to be kept on the list indefinatly even if putting in poor performance on the training track.

I think that the Saints demonstrate quite a lot of loyalty to their players, but this needs to be kept in perspective.

jill
Club Player

:lol: Would be happy to see the boys getting tatoo to celebrate their Premiership win. :lol:

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Just Imagine !!

If Peter Everett got a tattoo for every club he played for, or wanted to play for, he'd be covered in tattoos :roll: :wink: !!

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

I don't mind them getting tattoos........

When we win the flag................

killa_gram
Club Player

Tatts are for bogans. :wink:

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Some people just don't like tattoos, and some religions even forbid them.

Its a good idea in theory, but would never, ever work in practice.

BTW, I'm about to book my fourth one in, going to get the Kanji for my favourite anime title on my wrist. :wink:

buzfromgronggrong

Brilliant idea - I propose taking it one step further -

I believe that to really SHOW THEIR LOYALTY...

ALL PLAYERS should have a finger from each hand AND two front teeth AND a gonad removed...

ALSO...

Every player with more than one child should sacrifice the oldest child in a special ceremony at the family day...

PLUS...

Every supporter should have to have their employer tattoed onto their foreheads in a show of solidarity with the playing group...

I for one am busily scratching the words "JIMS DOG WASH" onto my scone as we speak..

the big question is...

Will the words "BURTS TESTICLE REMOVERS, KNACKERY and HORSE RENDERERS" fit across Karnaks?
Last edited by buzfromgronggrong on Tue 13 Nov 2007 9:20am, edited 1 time in total.

Saint Mik
Club Player

I thought that was why spiders tatts are so big on his body, he has shafted so many clubs now he needs to get them covered up by other tatts.

Tatts wont make a difference at all its commitment you want and you dont need a tattoo to prove you are commited to the club.

Only after a premiership IMO because even if you do get moved on it is still worth having a momento of your achievements on your body if you are into tatts that is.

King could rock up to training at the saints (which he may have?) with the GFC on him and you would be looking at it and thinking thats great good on you, but if he rocked up with it without the premiership you would be thinking F*** it off we dont want that shyte here, so it's a respect thing IMO.

The nature of the game means you are not always going to be at the one club so why would you put yourself out there to be ridiculed by another club and its players just because yes you were commited to the saints but now you are at collingwood and that tatt on your arm means F*** all now unless it has a premeirship that comes with it.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
buzfromgronggrong

riccardo wrote:Some people just don't like tattoos, and some religions even forbid them.

Its a good idea in theory, but would never, ever work in practice.

BTW, I'm about to book my fourth one in, going to get the Kanji for my favourite anime title on my wrist. :wink:
And i'm about to have a cup of tea!

Saint Mik
Club Player

[quote="buzfromgronggrong"And i'm about to have a cup of tea!quote]

How many sugars? :wink:

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Do we need to go as far as a tatooo, I have thought about it a bit and i reckon the players should shave their heads as a sign of solidarity...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
buzfromgronggrong

How about they all have their bums plucked and their nipples pierced?

I also think it would be really nice if they all committed to putting in flower gardens with those nice little arch walkways that they can cover with wild roses and ivy.

Is painting their nails going too far?

GrumpyOne

At the very least, I expect a Back Crack & Sack Wax from all players.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

:roll:
if the boys need to get a tatt to inspier themself to play for eachother then we are in trouble . i would think the common goal of winning a flag would be enuff to inspire them

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Garibaldi
Club Player

on the forehead or not at all.

boo effin hoo