Casey Coach

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jezza
Club Player

Casey Coach

Heard that Adrian Fletcher was offered the club but has turned it down as he wanted more money.Back to the drawing board for the scorps.Heard that D Sexton may step up know as coach

casey scorp
Club Player

Think there might have been another reason - see where he pops up next.

jezza
Club Player

Hey casey scorp

Perhaps Casey Scorp you can tell us why so many players are leaving the scorps,what is going on down there.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hey casey scorp

jezza wrote:Perhaps Casey Scorp you can tell us why so many players are leaving the scorps,what is going on down there.
Who has left?

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Harrison (b/c his father left as CEO), possibly Carmody ....

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
BanGerS
Club Player

harrison has received a very attractive offer to coach chelsea in the mpnfl i think you'll find...

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Hey casey scorp

mad saint guy wrote:
jezza wrote:Perhaps Casey Scorp you can tell us why so many players are leaving the scorps,what is going on down there.
Who has left?
Barry Brooks :shock:

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

With Harrison, Carmody, Makepeace, Thompson, Brooks, Watts, M.Clarke, Wall and Sweeney all out of the picture the Scorps are left looking very weak. They have lost their best midfielders, their 2 best goalkickers, their best key defender and two best ruckmen.

They would definitely be hoping that St Kilda has a good run with injuries so they could have the likes of Rix, Ferguson, Allen, Gwilt, Armitage, McQualter, Jones etc.

Who would captain the Scorps?

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Has'nt Brett Voss and Sweeney signed up with the Scorps? Or is that just more Saintsational bulldust??
If so, Brett would make the ideal captain.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Has'nt Brett Voss and Sweeney signed up with the Scorps? Or is that just more Saintsational bulldust??
If so, Brett would make the ideal captain.
I think people were saying that they should rather than that they have

Bono
Club Player

Just because Brooks, Watts, Wall and Sweeney got delisted by St Kilda, doesnt mean they still cant play with Casey.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

You would expect Casey to struggle next year but who cares, just as long as all the saints listed players get a run whenever and wherever Ross Lyon wants them to.
I would love to see Armitage getting played as a tagger just to get him used to being accountable, and when he is called up at AFL level to spend a few weeks as a tagger before trying anything spectacular...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Bono wrote:Just because Brooks, Watts, Wall and Sweeney got delisted by St Kilda, doesnt mean they still cant play with Casey.
I would expect that Watts would nominate himself for the PSD

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Bono wrote:Just because Brooks, Watts, Wall and Sweeney got delisted by St Kilda, doesnt mean they still cant play with Casey.
I would expect Watts, Brooks, Wall & Sweeney to nominate for the PSD. Not that confident that any will get picked up !!

jezza
Club Player

CASEY

Put our own team in,put Peckett in as coach and develop our own kids.Do people thing that pecko would make a great VFL coach

Go Sretnias Go
Club Player

I thought Aussie was the frontrunner for the Casey job!

Once a Sainter always a Sainter.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

When the job was first offered (before Banfield decided to quit) I had the two guys for the job as Sexton and Aussie Jones.

GrumpyOne

Go Sretnias Go wrote:I thought Aussie was the frontrunner for the Casey job!
The Narre chairman of selectors should take more credit for their premiership than Aussie.

Has fallen back into previous bad habits so I hear.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Eastern wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
I would expect Watts, Brooks, Wall & Sweeney to nominate for the PSD. Not that confident that any will get picked up !!
I'd be surprised if the Bulldogs didnt pick up either or both Watts and Brooks

iceman
Club Player

I would say that jezza is probably not too far off the mark, as an announcement was due at the end of last week, but didn't happen... Ausiie Jones I believe was short listed, so i wouldn't be suprised if he got a chance. Danny Sexton, while being good for the Saints, Scorps relationship I feel needs another year or so to keep developing his teaching skills.

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

Don't really care who gets it as long as they are a bit more compliant with the Saints' development needs than Banfield was.

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
iceman
Club Player

Just posted on VFLfooty.com, interesting to see what happens now...
Courtesy of Leader Newspapers
Reported by Paul Amy

CASEY Scorpions captain Nigel Carmody will wear the black and white colours of the Collingwood jumper next season.

Carmody, a 142-game stalwart of the Scorpions, confirmed on Monday that he had joined the Magpies' VFL team.

Collingwood will be running its own state league team after cutting ties with its partner of seven years, Williamstown.

Carmody's decision followed meetings with Collingwood coach Gavin Brown, recruiting official Noel Judkins and football manager Geoff Walsh.

He admitted the departure of coach Peter Banfield had prompted him to "look around".

"It was the impetus for me to see what was out there, which is something I've never done before," he said. "It's pretty well known I was disappointed with the coaching situation. I thought Peter did a good job and deserved to stay on."

Asked if he had approached the Magpies, Carmody said: "I think they had me on their radar. We probably both got to the table at the same time. I was interested in what they were doing."

He said he was proud of what he'd accomplished at the Scorpions, whom he joined in 1998. He took his senior bow in 2000, was twice runner-up in the best and fairest and won two Leader Newspapers player-of-the-year awards.

"Ten years, 142 games, captain of the club ... they're good honours. I'm not sad at all. I've been very happy with what I've been able to achieve and deliver," Carmody said.

Casey Scorpions general manager Brian Woodman said he was sorry to see a long-serving player move on. But he said he understood Carmody lived in the inner-city, wanted to play closer to home and had Collingwood connections (his grandfather, Jack, played in two premierships with the club).

"We appreciate the contribution he's made to our club," Woodman said. "His leadership this year was outstanding."

Meanwhile, the Scorpions' search for a new senior coach hit a hump last Thursday when Adrian Fletcher took a role with Brisbane.

It's believed Fletcher had the Casey job if he wanted it. But he told the Scorpions he would be going to the Lions as an assistant coach in charge of the midfield.

The Scorpions still have some good candidates in the pot and will interview two more hopefuls this week.

*Banfield will coach VAFA A section club Old Scotch for the next three years.

jezza
Club Player

N Carmody Casey

He will be a huge loss. Speaking to the the saints boys they said he was a great bloke who made the guys feel comfortable when they went to casey.Heard also that more Casey players may leave stay tuned. Dont like there General Manager.The quicker we get our own side the better.If collingwood are doing it we should do it to so we get our development spot on.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Don't like the General Manager? Is that Brian Woodman you are referring to (been there for years and years) or Lachlan Buszard, who is football manager?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
casey scorp
Club Player

jezza wrote:Heard that Adrian Fletcher was offered the club but has turned it down as he wanted more money.Back to the drawing board for the scorps.Heard that D Sexton may step up know as coach
casey scorp wrote:Think there might have been another reason - see where he pops up next.
From the article posted by iceman, it appears that Adrian Fletcher has taken an alternative job with Brisbane as an assistant coach.