Pre-Season Queries

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

carn_sainter
Club Player

Pre-Season Queries

Ran this one through my mind just now and couldn't really think of anyone who should have a hampered pre-season...i mean, it looks like we're all ready to go...

Looking at it, problematic players in the past include:
Kosi - he's ready, with quite a season behind him
Goose - same boat as Kos, leg injury a thing of the past
X - same as Kosi
Raph - finally will get a chance
Ball - hopefully surgery will have him sorted

Others which could have been hampered may be:
Len - but his knee is gold
BJ - he'll probably be a little under 100% full
King - all reports say go
Gardiner - all reports say go
Gram - speculation he was a bit injured but i imagine he'll be fully sorted

Maybe Harvs and Max won't do the full shebang, but that's not an interrupted pre-season, it's a deliberately modified one...having said that, i do understand how all players have modifications and the principles of periodisation etc etc inherent to training

So, i pose the question...are not we, as a club, very close to 100% ready for a 100% assault on the 2008 season?

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

ATM I would say that we are at about 94%, however at this point in the year we are almost always around that mark...
We will have to wait and see how our players survive the pre-season, however with htis new fitness team things are looking good.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Compared with last year, when Raph, Watts, Goose, Lenny and Maxie were barely able to do a pre-season.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.