Judd deal feom Hell....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sun Ra
Club Player

Judd deal feom Hell....

Carlton gives Richmond pick 3 for Krakour. Tigers agree to pass on Judd with their first pick in pre-season draft. Eagles lose Judd. Richmond get rid of the Krak and gain pick 3 and Carlton don't have to give up too much. Maybe Tigers might have to take Lance to sweeten the deal ?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Judd deal feom Hell....

Sun Ra wrote:Carlton gives Richmond pick 3 for Krakour. Tigers agree to pass on Judd with their first pick in pre-season draft. Eagles lose Judd. Richmond get rid of the Krak and gain pick 3 and Carlton don't have to give up too much. Maybe Tigers might have to take Lance to sweeten the deal ?

...i much prefer this scenario....

Carlton gives Richmond pick 3 for Krakour. Tigers agree to pass on Judd with their first pick in pre-season draft. Eagles lose Judd. Richmond get rid of the Krak and gain pick 3 ........then do the dirty on carscum and pick judd in the pre-season draft after all.......

....would serve them right....tanking cheating scum that they are.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Sun Ra
Club Player

hmmmm....that's a good one. Tigers ain't going anywhere and would teach Judd a lesson for shopping around.

luckysaint
Club Player

haha and Carlton couldn't be openly furious about it either! infact they couldn't even react to it in any way outwardly! absolutely brilliant.

goodie
Club Player

stinger wrote: Carlton gives Richmond pick 3 for Krakour. Tigers agree to pass on Judd with their first pick in pre-season draft. Eagles lose Judd. Richmond get rid of the Krak and gain pick 3 ........then do the dirty on carscum and pick judd in the pre-season draft after all.......

Scary, I had that exact same thought

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

goodie wrote:
stinger wrote: Carlton gives Richmond pick 3 for Krakour. Tigers agree to pass on Judd with their first pick in pre-season draft. Eagles lose Judd. Richmond get rid of the Krak and gain pick 3 ........then do the dirty on carscum and pick judd in the pre-season draft after all.......

Scary, I had that exact same thought
i would respect the tigers so much more if they somehow did the dirty on both the eagles and best of all the blues

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

this suggestion has wings then....

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

They said on Sen that you cant make the pre-season draft part of the trade

Before Im 85
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintsrus wrote:They said on Sen that you cant make the pre-season draft part of the trade
not what is being proposed....

luckysaint
Club Player

saintsrus wrote:They said on Sen that you cant make the pre-season draft part of the trade
Tell that to Jade Rawlings

stinger
Saintsational Legend

luckysaint wrote:
Tell that to Jade Rawlings
:wink: :lol:

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Even better, they trade away pick 3 to St Kilda for Gardiner and pick 9. Eagles get back Gardy, we get pick 3, Eagles get back Gardy and pick 9. SWEET!!!

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

stinger wrote:
not what is being proposed....
The proposed scenario has to be part of the PSD, do they just TRUST to tigers not to pick him, I doubt any club would do a deal on a handshake agreement

Before Im 85
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

If this suggestion came to fruition then the AFL would be all over it.

What is suggested here is draft tampering. It would actually suit Carlton's style to think themselves above the league rules (once again).

The Jade Rawlings deal a few years ago was made to ensure that Rawlings went into the pre-season draft where the doggies had FIRST pick. So although the Veale deal looked suss (and it was) there was not much the AFL could do about it.

The proposed Judd deal smacks of the Collingwood attempt a few years ago with that dud ruckman they tried to get (his name escapes me).

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:If this suggestion came to fruition then the AFL would be all over it.

What is suggested here is draft tampering. It would actually suit Carlton's style to think themselves above the league rules (once again).

The Jade Rawlings deal a few years ago was made to ensure that Rawlings went into the pre-season draft where the doggies had FIRST pick. So although the Veale deal looked suss (and it was) there was not much the AFL could do about it.

The proposed Judd deal smacks of the Collingwood attempt a few years ago with that dud ruckman they tried to get (his name escapes me).
You have forgotten the 'best' tampering deal of all, when Collingwood paid the Saints and Bulldogs not to select Gary Shaw in the draft. Neither Club had any intention of taking him so it was win/win for everybody except the Filth because Gary Shaw proved to be another 'fabulous pick' by them.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

carlton source my arse...more likely sun ra's post..you thieving scum journo......lmfao though.....

"
Blues to lock out Eagles for Judd

Greg Denham, Australian Football | October 05, 2007

CARLTON has masterminded a potential deal that could secure former West Coast captain Chris Judd.

The deal would work even if the Blues cannot strike a satisfactory trade deal with the Eagles.

The Australian yesterday learned of the plan to involve a third club -- Richmond -- which would provide win-win situations for both Carlton and the Tigers but would freeze out the Eagles, who could end up with nothing in compensation for losing their 2004 Brownlow medallist.

Carlton and West Coast were still in deadlock yesterday over a trade that would satisfy the Eagles and allow for a smooth transition for Judd to cross next week to Carlton, the club of his choice.

Should that stand-off continue, it is understood that the Blues will attempt to involve Richmond in a perfectly legal trade strategy, but one which could be perceived to be outside the spirit of the game.

The deal would involve Carlton swapping pick No3 for selection No18, Richmond's bonus second draft selection as a result of it finishing last this year with fewer than four wins.

The deal would probably also involve a fringe Richmond player being traded to the Blues.

In return, Richmond would bypass Judd in the pre-season draft in December where it has the first selection. The Blues would then be able to secure the Eagles premiership captain with the second pick.

That scenario would mean Carlton, in effect, gives up its second national draft selection for Judd and does not have to lose Josh Kennedy or its third selection (No20) to the Eagles.

"This is an absolute realistic proposition," a Carlton source said yesterday.

The benefit for Richmond if it agrees to the proposal is that the Tigers would end up with the second and third selections in the national draft and still retain their first pick of another uncontracted player in the pre-season draft.

While Richmond football director Greg Miller is not yet officially in the loop, the Carlton deal would have appeal as the Tigers are only a remote chance of either trading directly for Judd or getting him in the pre-season draft. The Tigers have not completely closed the door on Judd, but Miller last week told The Australian that he would be too expensive, even though Richmond has room in its salary cap.

Because Carlton has already reserved its priority draft pick for teenage Northern Knights ruckman Matthew Kreuzer, the Tigers, who are pinning their faith on a youth policy, would then have the choice of the next two best kids in the country.

Carlton's firm stance on retaining the No1 pick has created a verbal slanging match with the Eagles, and the war of words continued yesterday.

West Coast chief executive Trevor Nisbett threatened not to deal with the Blues.

"If they don't hand over the No1 selection, then he's not at Carlton, simple as that," Nisbett said. "That's the way it's been all the time.

"Hopefully (chief executive) Greg Swann and (general manager of football operations) Steven Icke can come to their senses, otherwise it is not going to happen. I find it staggering that Carlton doesn't think Chris Judd is worth the first pick in the draft."

The groundwork in attempting a satisfactory trade is being done by Icke and his West Coast counterpart Steve Woodhouse, who were both in Canberra yesterday at the draft camp.

Swann, who was told by club president Richard Pratt on Tuesday to follow the deal through after Judd picked the Blues, yesterday did not deny that Richmond could be involved in the Blues' bid to secure Judd.

"There's a lot of water to go under the bridge before we can say he's our player, but we're confident we can do the deal," Swann said on Tuesday.

Even before Carlton was nominated as Judd's top choice, the Blues took the initiative and offered the Eagles pick No3 and 20-year-old West Australian Kennedy, who has played 22 games in two years since he was the fourth player selected in the 2005 national draft. But it is understood that Kennedy is not keen to return to Perth.

While Carlton's proposal to involve Richmond will be scrutinised by the AFL, it does not break any league rules.
"

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

I'd love to see one of these clubs get horribly screwed over in this deal and it looks like it could happen.

Here's hoping Richmond double cross the Blues and take Judd. I think I would laugh non-stop for days.

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

B W and R all over wrote:Here's hoping Richmond double cross the Blues and take Judd. I think I would laugh non-stop for days.
I don't reckon carlton would be stupid enough, I agree though it'd be frikin hilarious.

Carpe Diem
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

I hope this is sorted out quickly in trade week.

Hardly any other deals will be done if this one is not finalised, and Ricky Nixon will sue (and beat) the AFL for restraint of trade, thus opening up free agency in the AFL and forever ending any hope of equality between teams.

Carlton and West Coast, for the good of the competition, must come to their sense and do a deal.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The AFL has to approve all draft deals.

The AFL has also stated that (post the Vele rort) that ALL deals have to be for reasonable value.

The AFL would therefore not approve of trades that are clearly rorts for the Blues to get Judd without dealing with the Eagles and where the Tigers get over the odds value for any player or draft pick traded to carlton.

The AFL would not approve the Tigers gaining pick 3 for a player who is clearly not worth a pick 2.....nor could the Blues swap pick 3 for a second round selection.

Both deals CANNOT happen.

Only thing that can happed is if the Blues and Weagles do not do a trade that Judd can end up a Tiger....or that Judd is traded to another Club.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Fri 05 Oct 2007 11:47am, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Pity the journalist didn't perform the same level of research as yourself saintsRrising.

I guess we can excuse him - after all, he is paid to spend all day preparing that article, whilst you are paid to do something completely different, and happened by chance to know the details of the policy.

Really, the expectation on a journo is obscene ... how on earth could they possibly be across the relevant information? How could they possibly know what AFL regulations were? I mean, the 5 minutes it would take to find out is just a huge waste of time.

:roll:

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Pity the journalist didn't perform the same level of research as yourself saintsRrising.

I guess we can excuse him - after all, he is paid to spend all day preparing that article, whilst you are paid to do something completely different, and happened by chance to know the details of the policy.

Really, the expectation on a journo is obscene ... how on earth could they possibly be across the relevant information? How could they possibly know what AFL regulations were? I mean, the 5 minutes it would take to find out is just a huge waste of time.

:roll:
i think the journo swiped the story from this forum...and was too stupid to realise we were only joking...sr is right...can't happen......

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Oh When the Saints wrote:I hope this is sorted out quickly in trade week.

Hardly any other deals will be done if this one is not finalised, and Ricky Nixon will sue (and beat) the AFL for restraint of trade, thus opening up free agency in the AFL and forever ending any hope of equality between teams.

Carlton and West Coast, for the good of the competition, must come to their sense and do a deal.
Absolutely spot on with that post OWTS.

I reckon this deal or deals are going to have a huge bearing on trade week - the more it drags on the more chance of other deals falling apart.