SMS now for a new coach!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint Mik
Club Player

SMS now for a new coach!!!

The Bombers went with Matty Nights because Bomber down at the cats with just a few things on his plate at the moment did not respond to a text message sent to him from the club :lol:

We might not have the best of the best at the Saints but you cant say that we can not afford a phone call :lol:

Panic and sack Sheeds at the wrong time of the season to get the best coach available then panic when you dont get a text back and get the first bloke that says we can make it to finals in 08.

Just goes to show that it is not just our club that can be accused of having a flawed system when looking for a coach.

Good luck to you Matty Nights you have the support of the board until a text comes back to the club anyway :roll:

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
GrumpyOne

Re: SMS now for a new coach!!!

Saint Mik wrote: Just goes to show that it is not just our club that can be accused of having a flawed system when looking for a coach.
Not for the last appointment, surely.

Saint Mik
Club Player

Robert Walls rings a bell :roll:

But i'm positive that he hasnt got the smarts to use a mobile phone anyway so it cant be true.

I just love the fact that Timid Watson must be burning inside about the way it has all been handled.

Watch out Timmy could be army tanks in your own FARKING car park soon you smart arse, people that throw stones is a very good saying

Timmy where are you going to hide when the journo's start asking the HARD questions.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

I worry for Essendon with this appointment. No honeymoon period for Knights. I really worry for them.

Who the hell am I kidding? I'm laughing at them. Funny stuff. Ray Horsburgh shoots his mouth off in the media. Says they are following a process. They have a criteria. They don't follow it. They sack a successful coach. Ray comes off looking like a dill.

Why is this sounding vaguely familiar? :lol:

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

I laugh ... you have to.

The problem with Essendon is that they won't accept that you have to spend 2-3 years down the bottom. They refuse to go through the process like Hawthorn or St Kilda or Geelong did.

The don't know how to handle this stage of their football cycle, and are in turmoil as a result.

The advantage of being a "loser" club like St Kilda/Dogs is that you can go through this process relatively successfully.

The flipside accusation is that you can't handle success when you have it, whereas clubs like Essendon know exactly how to deal with winning.

Let's hope we smash Essendon for the next decade.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
casey scorp
Club Player

The whole Essendon coaching debacle has been so ....unEssendon.

They have been a pretty professional operation over many years, and this has been com-pletely out of character.

Still, I'm not complaining. Their supporters have been so smug for so long.